2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v BUR [WK 25]

Post by Its a Goal »

What a goal. Bale from deep finds Kane who scores a power goal.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

2-0
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane - Son - Bale combo working magnificently :D.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote:We have 3 excellent crossers of the ball in the team: Toby, Kane, and Ndombele.
Actually make that 4: Bale.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

He scores for fun, his name is Harry Kane
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I believe this is the first Bale-Kane assist-goal combo ever.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]oloye[/color] wrote: He scores for fun, his name is Harry Kane
:mrgreen:

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Sanchez made an excellent defensive move to prevent Burnley player having a run at goal.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Reguilon to Moura and it is 3.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

This is what Bergwijn should learn how to do: Score the way Moura does. If he add that to his armory he will become a great player.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Bale limping. Holding his ankle.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Its a Goal wrote:This is what Bergwijn should learn how to do: Score the way Moura does. If he add that to his armory he will become a great player.
He needs to do football brain transplant too
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Aurier goes on a run and finds Moura but he boots it over the bar.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]oloye[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: This is what Bergwijn should learn how to do: Score the way Moura does. If he add that to his armory he will become a great player.
:rotf:

Is he that bad? I have seen worse players in a Spurs jersey.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Moura is another player that you just don't know what is coming from him. Brilliant one minute, utterly silly the next.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: This is what Bergwijn should learn how to do: Score the way Moura does. If he add that to his armory he will become a great player.

I know, that is why it was easy to identify his own problem. A young man who appears not to be learning anything, makes the same mistake every game.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote:

I know, that is why it was easy to identify his own problem. A young man who appears not to be learning anything, makes the same mistake every game.
The good thing is he is still young and coachable. He has only been at Spurs one year. Hopefully he is getting coached on the techniques to make him a better player as he loads of talent.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Half time and it is a rear 3 goal lead into the break. Hopefully the team will not sit back but instead go and hunt for more goals.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:This is what Bergwijn should learn how to do: Score the way Moura does. If he add that to his armory he will become a great player.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

He doesnt have a high ceiling.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:Moura is another player that you just don't know what is coming from him. Brilliant one minute, utterly silly the next.
Moura, Ramires and Musa were playing hide and seek when God was sharing brain. Moura's biggest problem is that he is dumb
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] WHU v TOT [WK 24]

Post by benteke »

benteke wrote:
Spurs played very well 2nd half, they deserved a draw at least.
I think Spurs is playing well of late apart from the defence, and results will soon come.

Jose post match was spot on
Spurs need to keep this kind of play up, they might have a chance in the Carabao Cup final.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

The good thing is he is still young and coachable. He has only been at Spurs one year. Hopefully he is getting coached on the techniques to make him a better player as he loads of talent.
At 24 he is not young.

Also the issue here isnt something that can be coached. There is a reason why he is still unable to make that step up. Talent-wise, he has a ceiling. He is a good player and will probably do well. But he will not be a great player or a world class player. He doesnt have that thing that clicks! You cant coach talent into someone.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] WHU v TOT [WK 24]

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:
benteke wrote:
Spurs played very well 2nd half, they deserved a draw at least.
I think Spurs is playing well of late apart from the defence, and results will soon come.

Jose post match was spot on
Spurs need to keep this kind of play up, they might have a chance in the Carabao Cup final.
With that defense, if they play like this, City will rip them to shreds!