2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] CHE v TOT [WK 10]

Post by toyin133 »

Rodon in the wars
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Lucas almost preparing to come on.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

4 mins added time for Moura to make an impact
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Son comes off for Moura.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

This game has been a learning experience for Rodon
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

What a letoff. Rodon heads the ball back to Lloris but didn't realize Giroud was lurking behind him. Giroud tries to lob Lloris but keeper up to the task.

Lo Celso just wasted a glorious opportunity to win the game.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Lo Celso blows the chance to snatch the points off a Zouma mistake
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Spurs go top. For another week.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

0-0 FT
Spurs go back to the top of the table
Danny Blanchflower
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Good result. Happy with a point. Still top of the league.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Have to credit the game management from Chelsea, they stopped Spurs from playing
Danny Blanchflower
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

If it was left to some people, their club would not have taken the risk to buy Rodon. Instead, they'd have persisted with Sanchez and be fooked 3-0 today, with Sanchez gifting all 3 goals.

Rodon made two stupid errors. Aside from that, he was fantastic. He will learn and continue to improve. Head and shoulders above Sanchez.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v BHA [WK 7]

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:45 pm

And to be honest, as poorly as the defense is painted, they have not given up goals as much as it the stats will say. You have to analyze the goals properly. There are a few unfortunate goals conceded and a few that should never stood. Brighton's goal should never have stood hence why the ref was not given any games to ref this weekend. Penalty to Newcastle shouldn't have been given likewise that against Southampton. The defense will get better that I am sure off.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Like I said, you are a masochist,

I was going to advise you, but you dont deserve advise. :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: If it was left to some people, their club would not have taken the risk to buy Rodon. Instead, they'd have persisted with Sanchez and be fooked 3-0 today, with Sanchez gifting all 3 goals.

Rodon made two stupid errors. Aside from that, he was fantastic. He will learn and continue to improve. Head and shoulders above Sanchez.
See ya life so :mrgreen:. When I mentioned Rodon as a possible CB option you went to town twerking that I am putting my faith in a rookie, now he has given you so much humble pie to chop you are choking on it trying to talk from the other side of your mouth.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I will take the point. I couldn't watch due to other commitments.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:I will take the point. I couldn't watch due to other commitments.
Lucky you didnt watch, should have won with the final kick but Lo Celso decided against it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: If it was left to some people, their club would not have taken the risk to buy Rodon. Instead, they'd have persisted with Sanchez and be fooked 3-0 today, with Sanchez gifting all 3 goals.

See ya life so :mrgreen:. When I mentioned Rodon as a possible CB option you went to town twerking that I am putting my faith in a rookie, now he has given you so much humble pie to chop you are choking on it trying to talk from the other side of your mouth.
Usually, i wouldnt engage with you. However, i despise liars and you are clearly a pathological liar. You asked me about Rodon twice and I ignored you once and below is my response to you the second time:
Its a Goal wrote: Let Thursday come and we can make a determination if Aurier was dropped completely for performance or for rotation. Don't get me wrong I think he and Sanchez are bonehead players. We'll see how Rodon fairs.

BTW I didn't read your assessment of Rodon. Is he any good? Is he an upgrade to Sanchez?
danfo driver wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:dd, still waiting on your scouting report on Rodon. Is he any better than Sanchez?
Please see below:
danfo driver wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Your problem is that you only take delight in Spurs misfortune but never care to be objective about issues.

Let me be very clear so that there is no misunderstanding, I do NOT care about your club. If you get relegated or go bankrupt or win the league, that is your problem. Your club's existence is of zero interest to me. Legitimately, I watch your club the same way I am presently watching United v Chelsea. Spur's misfortune or fortune is YOUR concern and not mine. I thought you were someone who is reasonable like Cristao, thats why I began to advise you in the Spring of 2019 when I actually started to watch your club for the first time and I was stunned at all the on-field problems I could see. However, you have shown me that you are NOT a reasonable man and you will no longer hear pim from me --in relation to any advise.
You clearly lack morals and good character. :oops: I am happy to banter and joke back and forth, but please dont lie about me next time.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kai, this thing wey Spurs and especially the defense do you dey pain you badly as you hate been proven foolish :rotf:. You clearly forgot when I mentioned Rodon and Sanchez as possible CB players to deputize for Toby and Dier but you questioned their abilities forgetting defending is not just about one player but rather the sumtotal.

We are still not as solid as we should be but like I told you we are getting better. How many cleansheets now? 3 or 4 in a row? In fact the last time we conceded was against BHA. The one area the team is taking pride in is not conceding.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: Preseason Preparations

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote: dd, there is nothing funny about it. Just because a new face walks through the door doesn't guarantee a start. Knowing JoMo, he is more about what you bring to the team rather than what you have. Aurier is known factor and JoMo is comfortable with him therefore Matt has to show in training he deserves to start over him.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Its very funny. You really should try comedy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Same way I guaranteed you that your crap favorite players will be sold, I am guaranteeing you now-- Doherty will be your starting right back. Absolutely nothing you, Aurier or his agent can do about that. The decision has been made.

:mrgreen:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:Kai, this thing wey Spurs and especially the defense do you dey pain you badly as you hate been proven foolish :rotf:. You clearly forgot when I mentioned Rodon and Sanchez as possible CB players to deputize for Toby and Dier but you questioned their abilities forgetting defending is not just about one player but rather the sumtotal.

We are still not as solid as we should be but like I told you we are getting better. How many cleansheets now? 3 or 4 in a row? In fact the last time we conceded was against BHA. The one area the team is taking pride in is not conceding.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote:

Usually, i wouldnt engage with you. However, i despise liars and you are clearly a pathological liar. You asked me about Rodon twice and I ignored you once and below is my response to you the second time:
Its a Goal wrote: Let Thursday come and we can make a determination if Aurier was dropped completely for performance or for rotation. Don't get me wrong I think he and Sanchez are bonehead players. We'll see how Rodon fairs.

BTW I didn't read your assessment of Rodon. Is he any good? Is he an upgrade to Sanchez?
danfo driver wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:dd, still waiting on your scouting report on Rodon. Is he any better than Sanchez?
Please see below:
danfo driver wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Your problem is that you only take delight in Spurs misfortune but never care to be objective about issues.

Let me be very clear so that there is no misunderstanding, I do NOT care about your club. If you get relegated or go bankrupt or win the league, that is your problem. Your club's existence is of zero interest to me. Legitimately, I watch your club the same way I am presently watching United v Chelsea. Spur's misfortune or fortune is YOUR concern and not mine. I thought you were someone who is reasonable like Cristao, thats why I began to advise you in the Spring of 2019 when I actually started to watch your club for the first time and I was stunned at all the on-field problems I could see. However, you have shown me that you are NOT a reasonable man and you will no longer hear pim from me --in relation to any advise.
You clearly lack morals and good character. :oops: I am happy to banter and joke back and forth, but please dont lie about me next time.
After reading the below I hope you will be matured enough to apologize.
danfo driver wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: And to be honest, as poorly as the defense is painted, they have not given up goals as much as it the stats will say. You have to analyze the goals properly. There are a few unfortunate goals conceded and a few that should never stood. Brighton's goal should never have stood hence why the ref was not given any games to ref this weekend. Penalty to Newcastle shouldn't have been given likewise that against Southampton. The defense will get better that I am sure off.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Like I said, you are a masochist,

I was going to advise you, but you dont deserve advise. :taunt:
You make me laugh sha. So for you our defense cannot get any better than it is. You don't even consider that the likes of Taganga and Rodon are yet to get a run in, unless you believe they are not as good as Dier and Toby.

The sad part about you is that you only see negativity and never want to acknowledge the positivity. Yes, I accept for a large part the defense gives me too much to worry about but at the end of the day they find a way to get their job done. That defense was on course to keeping 4 cleansheets instead of 1 due to poor referring decisions. You can't blame the defense for issues beyond their control. Like I said, analyze where the goals have come from and you will only a handful of come in the 6 yard box and the rest outside, discounting the one own goal and the one give away.
The only way that will happen is by replacing the defenders you have.

You want to put your hopes on 2 children one of whom has never played a full season of professional football in his life. And the other just came from division 2? I am sorry, do you even understand football? :lol: :lol: :lol: #masochist

O ma se o! :oops:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote: After reading the below I hope you will be matured enough to apologize.
danfo driver wrote: You want to put your hopes on 2 children... And the other just came from division 2? I am sorry, do you even understand football?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You dont like facts? Literally the only thing I have mentioned about Rodon is that he came from div 2. Where did you buy him from? Barcelona? :rotf: :rotf:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote: After reading the below I hope you will be matured enough to apologize.
danfo driver wrote: You want to put your hopes on 2 children... And the other just came from division 2? I am sorry, do you even understand football?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You dont like facts? Literally the only thing I have mentioned about Rodon is that he came from div 2. Where did you buy him from? Barcelona? :rotf: :rotf:
Even though you refuse to a detailed analysis and scouting report of him just what you wrote above is enough to conclude what you thought of him and ability. Invariably you thought he is not good enough to do a job to cover for either Toby and Dier. Stop trying to do a Prof Pella. Apologize :mrgreen:.

But seriously, Rodon made you mistakes that could have been costly. He is a good defender though and the match report about him was that he is very vocal. He tells everyone where they need to be and organizes the defense. I believe he will get more playing time it is just a question of which competitions he will be trusted with. He is unavailable for match against LASK so he might get another run in against the ARSE.