2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v SOU [WK 33]

Post by Its a Goal »

Oh well. One nil down. Aurier not manning his man properly.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

The false 9 experiment is not working and he needs to introduce Vinicius for Lucas or Son who has been poor
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

More like the Lo Celso - Ndombele combo is not having the desired effect.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Moura couldn't get himself properly positioned to put the ball in the net.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Totts might wanna forfeit the league cup final to avoid a Watford like smack down from City :D
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]toyin133[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: As we can see the team's performance has not significantly improved.
You mean two days after his appointment, Mason has not been able to improve what took Mourinho 17 months to destroy?
The point I was trying to make was that this set of players are just not good enough. Yes Jose might have contributed to the negative football but at the end of the day the onus is on the players to take charge when they are on the pitch. I don't see any manager coming in and be able to draw any tangible performance out of them. This team just ain't good enough. The whole defense is just a mess. Southampton is getting behind the line so easily and this was the same thing that was going on for ages hence why Jose had to keep rotating.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Telling, no shots on goal in 45 minutes.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Ryan better take one of Ndombele or Lo Celso off.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Bale scores the first goal of the Mason era
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Bale with the equalizer.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

It was a brilliant goal. Hopefully start of more to come.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

But seriously, why did Jose fallout with Bale? He would have been one player to have saved him.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Its a Goal wrote:But seriously, why did Jose fallout with Bale? He would have been one player to have saved him.
Ego
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Winks getting ready to come on
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Why is Winks preparing to get in instead of an offensive players?

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Winks for Ndombele
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Winks for Ndombele. Going defensive in a draw game against the team with nothing to play for.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Son gives Spurs the lead
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Son gives Spurs the lead.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Thought as much that Moura could have been offside when he stroke the ball.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

goal ruled out for bogus offside against Moura,
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

No goal.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]toyin133[/color] wrote: goal ruled out for bogus offside against Moura,
Can't really say it is bogus. Moura blocked the sight of the keeper before the ball was struck.

Lamela should have been brought on instead of Winks.