2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] SOU v TOT [WK 2]

Post by Its a Goal »

Harry Kane set a new record as the first player in PL history to assist one player for all 4 goals scored.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Coach[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Is Dele injured or JoMo is trying to make a statement by his non-inclusion?
OluwaDele is done at Spurs.
Not true. He is going to play on Tuesday.
He was dropped for "footballing reasons" allegedly
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Its a Goal wrote:What is wrong with Matt leaving his hands in front of him?
When you have idiots making the rules, this is what you get. Idiots who never got off their fat arse to do any exercise.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

toyin133 wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Is Dele injured or JoMo is trying to make a statement by his non-inclusion?
OluwaDele is done. Standard Mourinho, there must always be a scapegoat.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
OluwaDele is done. Standard Mourinho, there must always be a scapegoat.
You are a dishonest person.

Thank God (1) the Amazon documentary is there for all to see; (2) people actually watch games; and (3) Spurs fans have been disappointed in Alli for close to 2 years.

Again you are a very dishonest person and you should be ashamed of yourself. disgrace!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
When you have idiots making the rules, this is what you get. Idiots who never got off their fat arse to do any exercise.
Uncle, idiots everywhere! Idiots making rules, idiots on the pitch refereeing and idiots on the bench and on the pitch playing.

Imagine one side putting up that sh1t first half performance and the other side conceding 5 goals in the same way, while both coaches sat there and watched Tufiakwa!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

toyin133 wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Yup! Bro, a coach has the right to select his team. I dont care whether the coach is useless, poor, finished, a dinosaur, or whatever. A coach has the right to choose the players he wants to work with. England is the only sh1t place where the press and fans demand to choose the team for the coach. if Alli was selected ahead of Ndombele, they will say the coach is fighting with Ndombele.

Alli refuses to train properly, has multiple poor performances and then has a his horrid performance against Everton and the coach has to accept it and continue to pick him because he doesnt want to make the press and some fans cry? WTF???!!! Where they do that at??!

Afterall, Lo Celso couldnt get a game and now he is their best midfielder. Alli knows what to do. Either work hard or choose no to. its up to you. This is not Nigeria where you can sleep with the coach or you have Godfathers in high places and your name is on the team sheet.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Funny the beef with Jose. Even the commentators were calling him archaic. We don hear. He is Tottenham's manager. Deal with it.

Shout-out for dropping Dele. We will see how he does in cup games. Fact is Dele can neither play as a box to box CM or as a winger. I fully expect us to sell him unless he develops the technique to be a backup to Lo Celso. It doesn't mean he doesn't have potential but rather that he needs to reinvent himself if he wants to play for Spurs.

I am sure in his head he still thinks he is Barcelona's level.

That said let us give our full respects to the players who actually played today. Hojberg is like the train that believes he can tackle but dude can't. Winks - what happened? You were to be the next Xavi. Doherty - I see no improvement from Aurier o. Got love for y'all. Sat down with my kids and watched game.

That ref? Hmmm...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:C II, should we still sell Kane?
To fund a rebuild. Absolutely.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Penalty as hands were in unnatural position.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:Funny the beef with Jose. Even the commentators were calling him archaic. We don hear. He is Tottenham's manager. Deal with it.

Shout-out for dropping Dele. We will see how he does in cup games. Fact is Dele can neither play as a box to box CM or as a winger. I fully expect us to sell him unless he develops the technique to be a backup to Lo Celso. It doesn't mean he doesn't have potential but rather that he needs to reinvent himself if he wants to play for Spurs.

That said let us give our full respects to the players who actually played today. Hojberg is like the train that believes he can tackle but dude can't. Winks - what happened? You were to be the next Xavi. Doherty - I see no improvement from Aurier o. Got love for y'all. Sat down with my kids and watched game.

That ref? Hmmm...
Oh boy with all the pain you go through, you want your kids to support Spurs too? You are a wicked man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Funny the beef with Jose. Even the commentators were calling him archaic. We don hear. He is Tottenham's manager. Deal with it.

That ref? Hmmm...
Oh boy with all the pain you go through, you want your kids to support Spurs too? You are a wicked man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bros na bonding time o. My kids have their own teams. At least none of them support Arsenal. That one will be war.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
Moronic by Doherty to have his hands up, but that is NOT the new rules. You cant change the rules and then make a call based on the old rule.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Moronic by Doherty to have his hands up, but that is NOT the new rules. You cant change the rules and then make a call based on the old rule.
Tell that to the referee. Same dirty they did Spurs in CL final.

PS for those who don't understand. The rule is if the ball ricochets off another close player's body then it isn't handball.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Good win. Pleased for Son to take those chances. Kane was brilliant.

This Holjberg/Winks combination is not working. We need to sort this out very soon.

The defence is still whack. Mourinho obsession with Dier worries me. Rúben Dias might be the one to sort this defence out.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kenmega wrote:Good win. Pleased for Son to take those chances. Kane was brilliant.

This Holjberg/Winks combination is not working. We need to sort this out very soon.

The defence is still whack. Mourinho obsession with Dier worries me. Rúben Dias might be the one to sort this defence out.
Bro, what you should be most worried and petrified about is that Dier is your best CB. :oops: Literally heads and shoulders above every other CB in your club and that should scare you beyond your wildest nightmare.

When I warned you guys not to give Toby a contract, you ignored me. When I told you are mentally unstable and weak Sanchez was, bobo IAG started twerking with vigour. Now una eye don clear.

As for Dias, I am not comfortable with any player from that primary 5 Portugues league. You shouldnt be, as well.

Oh! Only one CB will NOT "sort the defense out." Unfortunately, you wont get more than 1.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

OluwaDele, the “lazy trainer” Alli.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dele has a choice to make. He either finds a fire inside him to burn the desire to fight for his place or he can drift on as he is doing and get shipped out. Against Everton honestly I thought he had a brilliant first half almost capped with a goal. What he did wrong in that match I don't know. If his manager is not pleased with his performance it is up to him to figure out what is lacking and bring it on. He knows his manager likes him and he has to work even harder. He can't say JoMo froze him out for personal reasons.

Personally I am glad Jose is taking a tough stance with him because under Poch he was allowed to get away with laziness as Poch had too much loyalty to him and a lot of players which made them too comfortable and not play up to standard.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I don't know how much longer the pairing of Winks and Hojberg will be persisted with before reverts to Sissoko and Winks or whoever. It was shocking to see how they kept getting ran over and dominated. Matt has yet to show he is an upgrade at this point, in fact Aurier still looks better. Maybe JoMo is still assessing the 2 new players early in the season since he knows what he already has.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [EFL] LEY v TOT [RD r3]

Post by Its a Goal »

Unexpected fortune and a break for the team?

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I think they should just cancel that competition. The winners now qualifies for some 3rd rate European tournament. No more Europa league placement
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

So if Jose benches a player it means there's beef? Same way everybody said he had beef with Ndombele meanwhile im seeing it as a coach trying to bring the best out of a player he has high hopes in.

Same with Dele. A coach only pushes you if he thinks there's another level you can attain but something is holding you back. If he doesnt think that, then he's done with you.

No be everything be fight or quarrel.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ugbowo wrote:So if Jose benches a player it means there's beef? Same way everybody said he had beef with Ndombele meanwhile im seeing it as a coach trying to bring the best out of a player he has high hopes in.

Same with Dele. A coach only pushes you if he thinks there's another level you can attain but something is holding you back. If he doesnt think that, then he's done with you.

No be everything be fight or quarrel.
When his Arteta humiliated Ozil and Guendouzi, locking both of them out of training sessions, we no hear "pim" from him mouth! hypocrite. :oops: