2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [EFL] LEY v TOT [RD r3]

Post by Its a Goal »

Game was postponed instead of cancelled. It is better this way as the financial impact on Leyton would have taken them under.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Its a Goal wrote:Game was postponed instead of cancelled. It is better this way as the financial impact on Leyton would have taken them under.
How it's not like fans will be at either game?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]kalani JR[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Game was postponed instead of cancelled. It is better this way as the financial impact on Leyton would have taken them under.
How it's not like fans will be at either game?
They would have been fined for the cancellation plus they would have not earned TV revenue in the process.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] SOU v TOT [WK 2]

Post by green4life »

Cristao II wrote:Funny the beef with Jose. Even the commentators were calling him archaic. We don hear. He is Tottenham's manager. Deal with it.

Shout-out for dropping Dele. We will see how he does in cup games. Fact is Dele can neither play as a box to box CM or as a winger. I fully expect us to sell him unless he develops the technique to be a backup to Lo Celso.. ...
Lol. But I thought there's something called 'form'. Wasn't it you that was on the Chelsea thread criticizing Lampard and advising him to keep playing Kepa due to his 'form' only being temporarily off? But you want Jose to drop and sell a player - Dele - who has a much longer proven track record in England abi? Hypocrisy is a biatch.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

green4life wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Funny the beef with Jose. Even the commentators were calling him archaic. We don hear. He is Tottenham's manager. Deal with it.

Shout-out for dropping Dele. We will see how he does in cup games. Fact is Dele can neither play as a box to box CM or as a winger. I fully expect us to sell him unless he develops the technique to be a backup to Lo Celso.. ...
Lol. But I thought there's something called 'form'. Wasn't it you that was on the Chelsea thread criticizing Lampard and advising him to keep playing Kepa due to his 'form' only being temporarily off? But you want Jose to drop and sell a player - Dele - who has a much longer proven track record in England abi? Hypocrisy is a biatch.
Major difference. Dele no longer fits in Jose's formation. He can't play as a Box to Box or as a forward. Kepa still fits in Lampard's formation.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Cristao II wrote:
green4life wrote:

Major difference. Dele no longer fits in Jose's formation. He can't play as a Box to Box or as a forward. Kepa still fits in Lampard's formation.

lol @ Kepa still fits.

For most of you, he fits in because of his wages.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
green4life wrote:

i dont believe it was a formation thing. Dele is Mourinho's type of No10. The Oscar/Sneidjer type. Even in the documentary where Mourinho spoke to him privately, he literally told him he loved him as a player. Then you have the "Sir Alex story," Dele literally strolling in training and Mourinho warning him that he will regret his career.

Dele needed someone to be humbled. And this experience will humble anyone who has a brain. We will find out if Dele has a brain soon.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Hmm.. you guys may be getting someone who I think is one of the best CBs in Europe, on his day --
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Cristao II wrote:
green4life wrote:

Dele perfectly fits Jose's formation perfectly ONLY if he ups his work rate. That's the only thing holding him back.

By the way more insight on Jose's philosophy is exhibited in the new Netflix docu series "the playbook". Jose's playbook for life is in episode 3.
https://www.netflix.com/title/81025735
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:Hmm.. you guys may be getting someone who I think is one of the best CBs in Europe, on his day --
You rate Skriniar that highly?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

green4life wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
green4life wrote:

Dele perfectly fits Jose's formation perfectly ONLY if he ups his work rate. That's the only thing holding him back.

By the way more insight on Jose's philosophy is exhibited in the new Netflix docu series "the playbook". Jose's playbook for life is in episode 3.
https://www.netflix.com/title/81025735
I humbly disagree on Dele fitting Jose formation. Dele can't touch Lo Celso or Ndombele as a CM or a no.10. He can't pass very well. He also doesn't have the right attributes to be a winger with the counter attacking football Jose plays.

Jose uses his words to achieve his goals which is to motivate Dele. Recall that Spurs went on a nice run when Dele wasn't available last season.

The only way for Dele is to change his game if not it is curtains. I am personally surprised because I remember him from his MK days and also when he played CM with Winks against Real. I have an hypothesis that Dele needs a no.10 like Eriksen or Lo Celso to function well. He is not a playmaker. He is more of a raumdeuter like Muller.

I will check the Netflix series later.
Last edited by Cristao II on Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
green4life wrote:

i dont believe it was a formation thing. Dele is Mourinho's type of No10. The Oscar/Sneidjer type. Even in the documentary where Mourinho spoke to him privately, he literally told him he loved him as a player. Then you have the "Sir Alex story," Dele literally strolling in training and Mourinho warning him that he will regret his career.

Dele needed someone to be humbled. And this experience will humble anyone who has a brain. We will find out if Dele has a brain soon.
Bros I humbly disagree. Dele can't touch Oscar or Sneijder as a no10. We too use to dance thinking dude had the ability. He doesn't. He is more of a Muller with off the ball movement and doing high risk short range passes or flicks.

He also needs a stronger father figure in his life to make him realise that he is no longer a kid and needs to mature. Else he will be more like Lingard / Jenas than Lampard / Gerrard.

On humility I honestly don't have any comment as I don't know. I see him as someone who should take life a bit more seriously and review those in his close circle. I will be sad if dude doesn't improve but my first priority is to Spurs.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
green4life wrote:

Bros I humbly disagree. Dele can't touch Oscar or Sneijder as a no10. We too use to dance thinking dude had the ability. He doesn't. He is more of a Muller with off the ball movement and doing high risk short range passes or flicks.

He also needs a stronger father figure in his life to make him realise that he is no longer a kid and needs to mature. Else he will be more like Lingard / Jenas than Lampard / Gerrard.

On humility I honestly don't have any comment as I don't know. I see him as someone who should take life a bit more seriously and review those in his close circle. I will be sad if dude doesn't improve but my first priority is to Spurs.

Dele is not a 10. he is more of an 8.

However, Dele (as much as I despise him) has more talent in on finger than the sh1t worthless Oscar has in his whole body.

P.s-- your comparison of him to Muller (In terms of position) is a good one. Muller is clearly more intelligent, more hardworking, more responsible, more serious about life, a better player and has been able to adapt to the 10 role at Bayern easier because of that.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [EL] KFS v TOT [RD 3]

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Lloris and Kane on the bench. Dele, as expected, starts together with Aurier.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Spurs kickoff.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Cristao II wrote:
I humbly disagree on Dele fitting Jose formation. Dele can't touch Lo Celso or Ndombele as a CM or a no.10. He can't pass very well. He also doesn't have the right attributes to be a winger with the counter attacking football Jose plays.

Jose uses his words to achieve his goals which is to motivate Dele. Recall that Spurs went on a nice run when Dele wasn't available last season.

The only way for Dele is to change his game if not it is curtains. I am personally surprised because I remember him from his MK days and also when he played CM with Winks against Real. I have an hypothesis that Dele needs a no.10 like Eriksen or Lo Celso to function well. He is not a playmaker. He is more of a raumdeuter like Muller.

I will check the Netflix series later.
You seem not to realise that Mourinho will need to play different formations throughout the season as well as deal with injuries, suspensions and losses of form. A fit and motivated Dele is a huge asset to any club and it is up to the manager to solve the conundrum. If Dele can go off to PSG or another high profile club on loan why should he stay and allowed himself to be publicly humiliated by Mourinho? The problem with Mourinho is that he only knows one way of motivating players which is to humiliate them and challenge them to prove him wrong
The clash has been serialised by German news outlet Bild, with Ozil claiming the pair squared up ‘like boxers’ as the Special One branded him a ‘coward’.

Ozil, who had thrown his Real Madrid shirt to the floor, wrote: “[Mourinho shouts]: ‘You think two beautiful passes are enough… you think you’re so good that 50 per cent is enough’.

“He pauses. Stares at me with his dark brown eyes. I stare back. Like two boxers at the stare-down before the first round.

He shows no emotion. Just waits for a response from me. How much I hate him right now. And I love Mourinho actually.

“[Mourinho adds}: ‘Oh, are you giving up now? You’re such a coward. What do you want? To creep under the beautiful, warm shower. Shampoo your hair? To be alone?

“‘Or do you want to prove to your fellow players, the fans out there, and me, what you can do?’”

Ozil chose the shower!
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... er-united/

Mourinho has a record of losing the dressing room at most clubs he has managed, he needs to show that he has learnt from previous experiences.
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Spurs with the initial dominance.

Lamela opens the scoring.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

If you are in the US it is live and free on B/R app.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Spurs playing within themself. It is training ground practice.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Hope the change of boots improve Lamela's touch, every other pass is to an opponent
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dele so far having a good game.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Toby should have made it 2.