The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is official Ruunarsen has joined.

arsenal.com

should start against Leicester on Wednesday. I hear he is already training with the team.

Ruunarsen, Ballard, Saliba, Kolasinac, Cedric, Azeez, Willock, Niles, Nelson, Nkettiah, Saka
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

azuka wrote:
theYemster wrote:
lakdarbelloumi wrote:We tend to want to undermine what confidence counts for. Martinez oozes confidence and that translates to his defence. Leno, too tentative sometimes and his display on Saturday should give us all a bit of a worry. Lets hope he settles down and puts in a much more confident display next time. Martinez is gone, and I'm glad he is having a good start with Villa. We cant be dwelling however on what could have been. Let's work with Leno.
I have no problem with the sale but I think Arsenal should've included a buy back clause in the deal.
Perspective is required. When Leno came in Cech was #1 and remained so till he got injured. Then Leno grabbed his chance. And this is the norm with goalies. However when Leno got injured and Emi grabbed his chances he was denied continuing as #1. That's a decision that baffles me really. I really don't get that point.
Preach on Reverend.
Let those that have ears, hear!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

elerineye wrote:
azuka wrote:
theYemster wrote:
lakdarbelloumi wrote:We tend to want to undermine what confidence counts for. Martinez oozes confidence and that translates to his defence. Leno, too tentative sometimes and his display on Saturday should give us all a bit of a worry. Lets hope he settles down and puts in a much more confident display next time. Martinez is gone, and I'm glad he is having a good start with Villa. We cant be dwelling however on what could have been. Let's work with Leno.
I have no problem with the sale but I think Arsenal should've included a buy back clause in the deal.
Perspective is required. When Leno came in Cech was #1 and remained so till he got injured. Then Leno grabbed his chance. And this is the norm with goalies. However when Leno got injured and Emi grabbed his chances he was denied continuing as #1. That's a decision that baffles me really. I really don't get that point.
I don’t get it at all...

In the same way I am still baffled at this argument - so you all will reward an employee who tells you he will not SIGN a new contract unless he is made number one goalie ? What happened to fighting for the # 1 position ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

ohenhen1 wrote:It is official Ruunarsen has joined.

arsenal.com

should start against Leicester on Wednesday. I hear he is already training with the team.

Ruunarsen, Ballard, Saliba, Kolasinac, Cedric, Azeez, Willock, Niles, Nelson, Nkettiah, Saka

Ohen sorry you did not get Areola but please spell the kids name correctly.....jeez Luis !!!

Our new keeper's name is Alex Runarsson ... Repeat Alex Runarsson ...lets support and wish him well.

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

And you all talking about a Villa player ..please go open Villa thread and discuss how great he is. :curse: :curse:

...Socrates
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

azuka wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Keeping it in perspective, at that time Cech was in the twilight of his career and not viewed as the goalie of the future, not to mention also making costly blunders so it made sense to go with the promising and much younger Leno. Not quite the same scenario in this case. Both goalies are relatively young and equally promising so a choice had to be made. Since it looked unlikely we'd keep both, I would've been okay with either one being sold just as long as a buy back clause was included.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
elerineye wrote:
azuka wrote:
theYemster wrote:
I don’t get it at all...

In the same way I am still baffled at this argument - so you all will reward an employee who tells you he will not SIGN a new contract unless he is made number one goalie ? What happened to fighting for the # 1 position ?
Emi was on about 20K per week. Arsenal were willing to improve his contract but Villa were willing to pay him more with a guarantee of starting. Emi made the decision to leave even though he was the first choice goalie at the time (evidenced by him starting in the Community Shield). Arsenal did all they could within reason to keep him but he decided it was better to leave. What I do not get is how some of you are carrying on like Leno is a bad goalie. He is more than decent (excellent even) even though Emi is slightly better at the moment.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
elerineye wrote:
azuka wrote:
theYemster wrote:
I don’t get it at all...

You see that's the point you are missing. He waited 11 years for his time. It came and he took it with both hands and was denied continuity.
While he was waiting he saw how Leno became #1 when Cech got injured. Now that situation repeated itself and he was denied. In such situation will u sign a new contract?
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

theYemster wrote:
azuka wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Keeping it in perspective, at that time Cech was in the twilight of his career and not viewed as the goalie of the future, not to mention also making costly blunders so it made sense to go with the promising and much younger Leno. Not quite the same scenario in this case. Both goalies are relatively young and equally promising so a choice had to be made. Since it looked unlikely we'd keep both, I would've been okay with either one being sold just as long as a buy back clause was included.
Agreed with your reasoning. My question here is, if Cech wasn't injured at that time will Leno have become the #1? It's about one taking his chances. Emi got his and took it with both hands.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

slyk wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
elerineye wrote:
azuka wrote:
theYemster wrote:
I don’t get it at all...

Emi was on about 20K per week. Arsenal were willing to improve his contract but Villa were willing to pay him more with a guarantee of starting. Emi made the decision to leave even though he was the first choice goalie at the time (evidenced by him starting in the Community Shield). Arsenal did all they could within reason to keep him but he decided it was better to leave. What I do not get is how some of you are carrying on like Leno is a bad goalie. He is more than decent (excellent even) even though Emi is slightly better at the moment.
Leno is not a bad goalie at all. Far from it. In my books I think both are virtually on the same level. However Emi has the height advantage which gives him better control of his area and crosses. He's also better with the ball at his feet, which is how Arteta wants to play.
That said I hope like theYemester said, i hope there's a buyback clause included in his contract.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

azuka wrote:
theYemster wrote:
azuka wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Agreed with your reasoning. My question here is, if Cech wasn't injured at that time will Leno have become the #1? It's about one taking his chances. Emi got his and took it with both hands.
Then he should have stayed and fought to keep it like Leno did , he wanted to leave and he left case closed. I wish him the best lets support Runnarson abeg and Leave Emi to Villa thread. that ship has long sailed. It will not be the last time we will sell someone everyone would love to keep. We may still sell AMN and people will weep blood here and same folks will forgot when they killed the boy on these same pages.

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Abeg has anyone connected with Waffiman off forum ?

...Socrates
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

So David Moyes and 2 players have tested positive for Covid. Now they played Arsenal over the weekend.

Abi dem go gree Arsenal play?

Cos unless Arsenal knew about it and were playing social distancing football (which is why they played poorly), isn't there a chance that the Leicester game will be called off?
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

peron33uk wrote:So David Moyes and 2 players have tested positive for Covid. Now they played Arsenal over the weekend.

Cos unless Arsenal knew about it and were playing social distancing football (which is why they played poorly), isn't there a chance that the Leicester game will be called off?

Some folks on the platform called this o.. i think Danfo !! this is scary sha

...Socrates
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

They are tested daily. We going to need a big squad this season.

Mark Mcguiness sent out on loan to Ipswitch. Promising young center half for Arsenal. We have loaned out several young defenders.

Swanson RB
Jordi Osei Tutu RB
Zach Medley CB
Mark Mcguiness CB
Mavropanos CB Stutgart
Olowu CB

I like the direction of the club.

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Abeg has anyone connected with Waffiman off forum ?

let me check on him. Meanwhile, my Oga Platinum disappeared just like that.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohenhen1 wrote:They are tested daily. We going to need a big squad this season.

Mark Mcguiness sent out on loan to Ipswitch. Promising young center half for Arsenal. We have loaned out several young defenders.

Swanson RB
Jordi Osei Tutu RB
Zach Medley CB
Mark Mcguiness CB
Mavropanos CB Stutgart
Olowu CB

I like the direction of the club.
Next monday who should we start against Liverpool?
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

peron33uk wrote:So David Moyes and 2 players have tested positive for Covid. Now they played Arsenal over the weekend.

All Arsenal players tested negative in the latest tests.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

azuka wrote:
theYemster wrote:
azuka wrote:
theYemster wrote:
But Cech was also making costly mistakes indicating even when healthy he was probably still not good enough, not anymore. Leno hasn't.

Martinez it could be argued that despite being in the club that long failed to stake a claim for the #1 spot and his impressive form in the few games he played was not enough of a sample size to pick him over Leno. Also the fact that in this case they needed to either re-sign him or rush losing him for free meant the clock had run down on them being able to give him more games to prove himself. Then you add the extra angle of needing to raise cash to strengthen more problematic positions in the team.

There's just so many factors involved that puts everything in proper connect.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

slyk wrote:

All Arsenal players tested negative in the latest tests.
Thank God.

I wonder how they maintain the so called bubble , it must be really tough. Even the testers sef they come in contact with !

...Socrates
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

What's the story with Ozil.
Not even on the bench.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

benteke wrote:What's the story with Ozil.
Not even on the bench.
I am more concerned about Saliba not starting. Ozil time at Arsenal is over. Why is Saliba not starting. Who cares about the Carabao cup?

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

ohenhen1 wrote:
benteke wrote:What's the story with Ozil.
Not even on the bench.
I am more concerned about Saliba not starting. Ozil time at Arsenal is over. Why is Saliba not starting. Who cares about the Carabao cup?
What do you mean Ozil's time is over.
He is still training and expressed desire to fight for a place, plus there has been no news of him being linked to a move to any other club