The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by kajifu »

ojafranpa wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:No way Ozil should not be playing. Laca should not ever play for Arsenal again. Terrible player.
Arteta will die on a lot swords this season...

Leno
Ceballos
Xhaka
Auba on the wings
Nketiah
Lacazette
and

Minus Ozil.

He will need a lot of luck, goodwill and other teams playing crap to land anywhere reasonable.
Why did your guy Leno come out like that for Vardy goal with defender has cover and allow Vardy a free open net to tap in?
Arteta will not last,he is just not good period.This is on him,now we must go beat Manu away and Aston Villa at home,if we lsot those two games he should be sacked period.
Wow...you are blaming Leno for that goal? Jeez...sorry actually i should not bother.
Nope bro i am not,he should have stay in goal since Gabriel has cover that guy.
If i want to blame anyone for that goal,i might be force to blame Mustafi,Issue is if that w as our ex man you for bring am up.
Truth be told my brother we have serious issue and its on Arteta,i am scared we might not finish top 8 if he is not smart
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Guys do you know we are the only team that has not improved from last season so far?
What is Arteta game plan?Next week against Manu it might get ugly
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Are the players letting us a nd Arteta down or Arteta just a poor as expected from a rookie coach?
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

slyk wrote:
azuka wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers: “Our organisation could cope, Granit Xhaka coming to the side meant Dennis Praet could press him, but it was about closing the lines, concentrating and then playing through when we had the ball.”
Azuka just a nugget for ya.
The fact that yer guy is a weak link
is so obvious even opposition coaches
have no qualms about calling him out.

Like I said earlier in the game, Chaka
was determined to gift Leicester a goal ... and he did.
An absolute shyt uv a player. How on earth Arteta decided 2
keep him on the field and persist with Laca centrally
is a question the Kroenke’s need answers to.
Stop Sleak. In the 4-3-3 formation that Arteta put up today, tell me what Partey, Xhaka and Ceballos your man were supposed to do. What exactly is the definition of the tasks of each one of them on the pitch today. Who among this 3 is the DM? What happened to his Ozil-clone Willian?
This loss today is on Arteta. We have lost 9 points against teams with a better team selection we would have won.
I am sorry, Arteta is beginning to lose it.
Losses to Man City, Liverpool and Leceister, three sides that finished way ahead of Arsenal when the league ended a few months ago and you feel Arteta is losing it? I really do not get some of you. So you feel that because Arteta did not pick the team that you in your vast experience as a fan picked for the game, that is the main reason Arsenal lost to these sides.

Why are some of you seemingly so eager to throw Mikel under the bus? We had a "legit" goal disallowed, Laca missed a sitter and we did create some decent chances, yet Arteta is losing it. Just so you know, Willian is injured. Please stop bringing up Ozil whenever Arsenal lose. Mesut of the last three years is not the Mesut of 5 years ago so I am pretty certain having him in the team would have made the team worse not better. We should be looking forward but having Ozil in the team would be taking the team backwards.
I don't mind losing. But losing without a fight is what hurts. And that's what we did. Yes he seems to be losing it. I hope I am wrong.

Can you please tell me what exactly Partey, Dani and Xhaka were supposing to be doing on Saturday? Who was to play where and how?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:Guys do you know we are the only team that has not improved from last season so far?
Do you know why? :woot:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

I'm not sure who to support next week so I want a RED TIE :taunt:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

I don't mind losing. But losing without a fight is what hurts. And that's what we did. Yes he seems to be losing it. I hope I am wrong.

Can you please tell me what exactly Partey, Dani and Xhaka were supposing to be doing on Saturday? Who was to play where and how?[/quote]

Hmmm abeg ask the players themselves if they also understood what they were to be playing ...Arteta was experimenting at home vs Lec.

At some poit he had Xhaka Playing the left side .. it was really weird..
Then had Danny Playing DM and then had Partey going forward but sideways ..it was very confusing I guess even for the players.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
kajifu wrote:Guys do you know we are the only team that has not improved from last season so far?
Do you know why? :woot:
Honestly you need free us abeg.Please dont lsiten to s oem our beloved fans noise and get upset
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Siddonlook11 wrote:I don't mind losing. But losing without a fight is what hurts. And that's what we did. Yes he seems to be losing it. I hope I am wrong.

Can you please tell me what exactly Partey, Dani and Xhaka were supposing to be doing on Saturday? Who was to play where and how?
Hmmm abeg ask the players themselves if they also understood what they were to be playing ...Arteta was experimenting at home vs Lec.

Then had Danny Playing DM and then had Partey going forward but sideways ..it was very confusing I guess even for the players.[/quote]
Bro as your name indicate we just for to do siddonlook with this team as it stand now.
Can we beat Manu next week?Because if they beat us we might end the week sitting in 15 or 16 spot.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Siddonlook11 wrote:I don't mind losing. But losing without a fight is what hurts. And that's what we did. Yes he seems to be losing it. I hope I am wrong.

Then had Danny Playing DM and then had Partey going forward but sideways ..it was very confusing I guess even for the players.
[/quote]

Abeg tell them. No we were not expected to beat Man City, Liverpool and Leicester city because they finished above us last season. I guess Aston Villa who barely survived the drop last season and yet this season defeated Liverpool last season winners are an extra-cerestial team. And whatever excuse or reason u may adduce for the defeat the fact remain in an 11x11 match all 90 minutes, Aston Villa beat Liverpool while we already conceeded defeat with our lineup against Liverpool before the match started.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

azuka wrote:

Abeg tell them. No we were not expected to beat Man City, Liverpool and Leicester city because they finished above us last season. I guess Aston Villa who barely survived the drop last season and yet this season defeated Liverpool last season winners are an extra-cerestial team. And whatever excuse or reason u may adduce for the defeat the fact remain in an 11x11 match all 90 minutes, Aston Villa beat Liverpool while we already conceeded defeat with our lineup against Liverpool before the match started.[/quote]
No mind our folks logic,did not Aston Villa beat Leicester that finish above them also?
Leeds is doing very well coming from championship.
What of Everton season so far?We make too many excuse for this team.Crystal Palace went to Manu and beat them.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Wow! is this true? This is going around social justice groups in social media and even Shaun King has started reporting it. Apparently, Arsenal turned on Ozil because he stood for human rights of muslims? WOW :shock:

https://dnyuz.com/2020/10/26/the-erasur ... _9Dwosdsck
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

Many of you losing your marbles over this loss, were the ones saying this rebuilding process will take time and that Mikel needs a few transfer windows to build his own team. What do you guys think this means? For me it means that Arsenal will drop points (losing and drawing games) but will hopefully improve on their 8th place finish from last season by at most 4 places. Yet every time the very scenario you predicted occurs, you go into a melt down. I do not get it.

The loss was disappointing but I am encouraged by what I have seen in the last few games. I feel that Mikel only has to tweak his formation slightly to get this side firing on all cylinders. Either a 4-2-1-3 with Thomas/Dani in the hole or 4-2-3-1 with Auba up top.Y'all need to chill. Haba!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

danfo driver wrote:Wow! is this true? This is going around social justice groups in social media and even Shaun King has started reporting it. Apparently, Arsenal turned on Ozil because he stood for human rights of muslims? WOW :shock:

https://dnyuz.com/2020/10/26/the-erasur ... _9Dwosdsck
Arriving at the wedding reception after the cake’s been cut and consumed. Of course Özil’s exclusion has deeper roots. In as much as one would like to assume it were purely footballing reasons, the absolute exclusion is overkill for even the most draconian of managers. Politics, the wildest of Serengetis.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Even after his tweet about China, Özil played a reasonably prominent role for Arsenal in the first few months of 2020. Mikel Arteta, the club’s new coach, had insisted in his interview for the job that he wanted to work with Özil, a former teammate, to see if he could coax the club’s highest-paid player back to his best.

That relationship seems to have foundered as the club pressed its players to surrender some of their salaries to ease Arsenal’s cash crunch. The talks lasted for six weeks, and by late April the majority had fallen in line.

Özil, though, still had questions. He had asked Arsenal’s senior leadership for detailed answers on what the savings would be used for, whether the club’s owner would also be contributing, and whether the team could assure him it would use the money to protect its nonplaying staff.

He did not feel those issues were satisfactorily addressed (though the club does). After a final Zoom call, in which Arteta urged his players to “do the right thing,” Özil remained unmoved.

In June, the 12.5 percent wage cut was made official, and the players were presented with paperwork backdating the changes to April. Most signed immediately. Half a dozen or so lingered. Özil stood firm. Again, he knew the risk: that he might be ostracized by the club, that it might effectively end his career at Arsenal by refusing. It made no difference.

Özil has not played for Arsenal since. In August, two months after winning the wage concessions from its players, the club — citing the continuing financial impact of the pandemic — announced that it had parted company with 55 staff members. Özil took a particular interest in one of them.

The Dinosaur
There is, perhaps, no better indication of just how all-encompassing the distrust between Özil and Arsenal has become than the fact that, along with his political activism and his refusal to accept a pay cut, at least part of the tension between the parties relates to an argument over a dinosaur.

Earlier this month, it emerged that Arsenal had parted company with Jerry Quy, a lifelong fan who has spent the last 27 years dressing up as an oversize green dinosaur (possibly; his species is unclear) standing on the sideline during games. Quy is the human behind Gunnersaurus, Arsenal’s slightly ironically beloved mascot.

His dismissal was, to put it mildly, a public-relations disaster. Özil, immediately, seized on it, volunteering to pay Quy’s salary until fans were permitted to return to English stadiums and Gunnersaurus could return. The club was furious.

It felt, from the outside, as if Özil was trolling Arsenal. It is certainly possible that he was. It was just as clear that for good or (mostly) ill, player and club were inextricably bound together.

The club had tried to sell Özil in the summer of 2018 and in the summer of 2019, and more recently it had been negotiating with him over buying out most of the remainder of his contract.

Özil, though, was unwilling to budge. Why that might be — again — is a matter of debate. Some at the club believe that, newly married and with an infant daughter, he feels settled in London and does not want to move. Many fans assume he is simply happy to collect his multimillion-dollar salary until his contract expires next year, content to be paid not to play soccer.

Together with the international incident his tweet provoked, and coupled with the news media whispers — fiercely denied by those close to him, and never publicly stated by the club — that his attitude is lax and his inspiration gone, Özil seems to have developed a reputation. Soccer as a whole seems to have decided that the trouble he brings outweighs his talent.

For months, a World Cup-winning playmaker has been available at a heavy discount. And yet nobody, certainly in Europe, has been willing to take him on.

The Beginning of the End
Özil, 32, insists it is his “love” for Arsenal that keeps him there. He had opportunities to leave over the course of this summer, according to a soccer executive with knowledge of the offers, but none that appealed. The size of his salary — and perhaps his reputation as troublesome — severely limits his options, even as Arsenal is so keen to move him on that it is prepared to pay two-thirds of his contract to make it happen.

It was only in the last week that the reality of his situation set in. He had already been left out of Arsenal’s squad for this season’s Europa League — he live-tweeted its game against Rapid Vienna on Thursday night from home — when he was told he would not be in the list for the Premier League campaign, either.

With the transfer window closed until January, it is, now, too late for him to leave. Until then, at the earliest, he finds himself in soccer exile: one of his own making, of his club’s making, one that there does not seem to have a way out.

He believes it started with the tweet. Arsenal disputes that. Wherever it began, this is where it has led: 10 months later, Mesut Özil has, effectively, been erased.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah it was all about a tweet against China :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Can't stand losing because the manager in denial that likes of Lacazette & Xhaka are washed.

PL has no mercy on slow, immobile and unathletic players. Can't move ball at optimal level with players who move like a 90 year old ridden with arthritis. AMN, El neny, Nelson, Rowe, Saliba, Balogun are better options.

Arteta has to end process of selecting any player based on expectations or experience. Forget hype long overdue to build team based on attributes that coincide with the PL i.e power, pace, stamina, physicality & bottle.
nothing to add. EPL has no room for unathletic players. Ship Xhaka to Serie A.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

azuka wrote:
slyk wrote:
azuka wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers: “Our organisation could cope, Granit Xhaka coming to the side meant Dennis Praet could press him, but it was about closing the lines, concentrating and then playing through when we had the ball.”

Stop Sleak. In the 4-3-3 formation that Arteta put up today, tell me what Partey, Xhaka and Ceballos your man were supposed to do. What exactly is the definition of the tasks of each one of them on the pitch today. Who among this 3 is the DM? What happened to his Ozil-clone Willian?

This loss today is on Arteta. We have lost 9 points against teams with a better team selection we would have won.
Losses to Man City, Liverpool and Leceister, three sides that finished way ahead of Arsenal when the league ended a few months ago and you feel Arteta is losing it? I really do not get some of you. So you feel that because Arteta did not pick the team that you in your vast experience as a fan picked for the game, that is the main reason Arsenal lost to these sides.

Why are some of you seemingly so eager to throw Mikel under the bus? We had a "legit" goal disallowed, Laca missed a sitter and we did create some decent chances, yet Arteta is losing it. Just so you know, Willian is injured. Please stop bringing up Ozil whenever Arsenal lose. Mesut of the last three years is not the Mesut of 5 years ago so I am pretty certain having him in the team would have made the team worse not better. We should be looking forward but having Ozil in the team would be taking the team backwards.

seems we were playing a flat midfield 3. Partey could hardly get on the ball. We were playing that Emery horshoe-shape football where we abandoned the center. I would have gone Partey + Dani in the second half and traded Xhaka for any player with attacking impetus (heck even ESR or Nelson or even Willock)
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

amafolas wrote:
azuka wrote:
slyk wrote:
azuka wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

seems we were playing a flat midfield 3. Partey could hardly get on the ball. We were playing that Emery horshoe-shape football where we abandoned the center. I would have gone Partey + Dani in the second half and traded Xhaka for any player with attacking impetus (heck even ESR or Nelson or even Willock)
FYI ..He only had Willock , El neny and AMN on the bench who could have changed the midfield formation. Willock no way..El neny no way ... Ceballos was piss poor so really that left him with what he had on the pitch .

The possible changes where to move Xhaka to 10 and get an Ozil - no fall back to help too slow to break offside trap..but he can pass and can shoot...
That would have required him having Partey and El neny do clean up cause for sure Xhaka would leak !!

But we would have had a middle option and Brendan would have changed shape which would have given us space.

Brendan saw we had n middle attacking option and kept us on the wings ..it was very very easy to beat us with a half fit Vardy..Imagine a fit Varday and Ndidi ? Them for waya us 6 goals.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
amafolas wrote:
azuka wrote:
slyk wrote:

FYI ..He only had Willock , El neny and AMN on the bench who could have changed the midfield formation. Willock no way..El neny no way ... Ceballos was piss poor so really that left him with what he had on the pitch .

The possible changes where to move Xhaka to 10 and get an Ozil - no fall back to help too slow to break offside trap..but he can pass and can shoot...
That would have required him having Partey and El neny do clean up cause for sure Xhaka would leak !!

But we would have had a middle option and Brendan would have changed shape which would have given us space.

Brendan saw we had n middle attacking option and kept us on the wings ..it was very very easy to beat us with a half fit Vardy..Imagine a fit Varday and Ndidi ? Them for waya us 6 goals.
Xhaka to 10, won't work. Yes he can pass and shoot, but the man can not operate in tight spaces at all, like at all at all. I would have brought in Elneny then and pushed either Ceballos ahead a bit. We needed a goal. A l
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

amafolas wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
amafolas wrote:
azuka wrote:
slyk wrote:

Xhaka to 10, won't work. Yes he can pass and shoot, but the man can not operate in tight spaces at all, like at all at all. I would have brought in Elneny then and pushed either Ceballos ahead a bit. We needed a goal. A l
Xhaka was one of the best performers in that game, yet he is the one you guys are dumping on. Not Dani who had a very poor game by his standards or Partey who the game kinda passed by.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Bigpokey24 wrote:so let me get this straight, Rodgers started with no strikers and knew assanal is a park the ball team... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: chei assanal is useless, Rodgers spent over 30 million on fofana and boy did he makes assanal 150 million pounds strike force look clueless... also that Turkish international nah baller

so assanal already has 3 loses this season
Long way to go. Still plenty time to rectify things with everyone beating everyone in a wide open league.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:Partey after Party ... fell asleep in midfield and contributing to the loss. :taunt:

Arteta's turn to feel a little heat.. and media love :lol:
Hahaha. The fact that he rejected Chelsea does not mean you place a poor team performance on him.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
green4life wrote:Partey after Party ... fell asleep in midfield and contributing to the loss. :taunt:

Arteta's turn to feel a little heat.. and media love :lol:
the bobo is like another pepe signing
Hahaha. See bad belle.