The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by tolahs »

oloye wrote:Guys I have one question about Lacazete, can he run with the ball. I mean can he run 10 - 20 metres with the ball? Everytime I see him with the ball he is either turning and blocking or the ball is always dancing palongo in between his legs while he struggles to keep his balance. These were masked by his goal scoring ability, but with the goals dried up, he looks pathetic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIx0ZwOXPrk

Yasser I
44 minutes ago
SOMEONE SAID TUPAC WOULD STILL BE ALIVE IF LACAZETTE WAS THE SHOOTER
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote:Pierre Alexis Sanchemeyang? Hopefully not.
Person wey don pocket 300k, you expect him to put in the same energy? :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Last edited by balo on Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Guys, quick question -- how did Pepe do? :D

How can you guys recoup the 71 million + wages of over 6 million that you guys have invested? O ma se o! :woot:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]balo[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Must be the effect of the Europa League
How? They played at home while Spurs went all the way to Bulgaria!!!
It was not a walk in the park. They still had to run for 90+ minutes at home.
Teams are expected to play twice a week and the fact that you at home on Thursday and get the last game for the weekend means you should be able to recover and be ready for this match. No excuse. You can't use Ole's excuse cos it won't work. If Spurs can travel to Bulgaria and win and then return to play to the first game of the day and win as well then your team should be ashamed for making such pathetic excuse.
The guy is having a laugh. Ask him how many of the Arsenal 11 today played on thursday. :rotf:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

DT wants to trade Willian for Will-I -am. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

soo...... did we miss xhaka today ? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Same old Arsenal. Nothing changed. Too many average players. Keep signing Chelsea rejects !!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

balo wrote:
...comedy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

balo wrote:
"Its easier to coach a defensive team than it is to coach an attacking team."

Just shows you how dumb Arsenal fans are. :rotf: :rotf: SMH!
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

What happened to Iwobi?
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Bepanda,
Good 2 see U back Sir.
Hope all is well with ya.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Arsenal League Rankings:

Shot-Creating actions [19th]

Goals scored [13th]

Shots on target [14th]

No. Key passes [17th]

XG for [16th]

We seriously lack creativity.

Meanwhile our most creative player is sat on the sidelines so we can sell shirts in China. :curse: :curse: :curse:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:Guys I have one question about Lacazete, can he run with the ball. I mean can he run 10 - 20 metres with the ball? Everytime I see him with the ball he is either turning and blocking or the ball is always dancing palongo in between his legs while he struggles to keep his balance. These were masked by his goal scoring ability, but with the goals dried up, he looks pathetic.
This is not about any individual player. This is about the system that failed to produce on the day. It is about our approach to these games. It something I have touched on here many a time.

Only a few weeks ago, our goals to chances or strike rate was was above the norm. This is a trend that continued from last season. It was always obvious we will hit a bad patch and goal scoring will become an even bigger problem with the number of shots at goal and chance we are creating.

Arteta is a coach who loves his data, so he would have been aware of the need for creativity. To be fair, he tried to address this in the summer but when you chose to sideline your most creative player you leave a big void no matter what system you play. The game is about players.

Lacazette's quality is not in question. He delivered for is on our way to winning the FA cup. He is also a striker who depends on service. Auba is not scoring, hardly anyone is scoring, why pick on Lacazette? There is a reason why, it is not about any individual player.

Our problems are clear at present, we lack creativity and when we create the little we create we do not take them. Also teams have sussed out Arteta's system, it is easy to defend against and they are doing it. Arteta must find the answer to teams that play to hit us from their defensive blocks of 3.

Another problem is he has not stuck with the players who won silverware. Why not play Niles and Tierney on that left side. Start with Pepe, Willian is struggling to fit into Arteta's system and will take time. Stick with one creative outlet you had last season. Why change it so soon?

Arteta needs to find solutions, the hoid thing is, there is plenty time. But he must act sooner rather than later.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Waffiman wrote:
This is not about any individual player. This is about the system that failed to produce on the day. It is about our approach to these games. It something I have touched on here many a time.

Only a few weeks ago, our goals to chances or strike rate was was above the norm. This is a trend that continued from last season. It was always obvious we will hit a bad patch and goal scoring will become an even bigger problem with the number of shots at goal and chance we are creating.

Arteta is a coach who loves his data, so he would have been aware of the need for creativity. To be fair, he tried to address this in the summer but when you chose to sideline your most creative player you leave a big void no matter what system you play. The game is about players.

Lacazette's quality is not in question. He delivered for is on our way to winning the FA cup. He is also a striker who depends on service. Auba is not scoring, hardly anyone is scoring, why pick on Lacazette? There is a reason why, it is not about any individual player.

Our problems are clear at present, we lack creativity and when we create the little we create we do not take them. Also teams have sussed out Arteta's system, it is easy to defend against and they are doing it. Arteta must find the answer to teams that play to hit us from their defensive blocks of 3.

Another problem is he has not stuck with the players who won silverware. Why not play Niles and Tierney on that left side. Start with Pepe, Willian is struggling to fit into Arteta's system and will take time. Stick with one creative outlet you had last season. Why change it so soon?

Arteta needs to find solutions, the hoid thing is, there is plenty time. But he must act sooner rather than later.
Well said about Ozil.

I said to one of my Man U friends that this decision to ostracise Ozil may well be the undoing of Mikel.

Okay, the selling our backup goalie to a potential rival was down to the management of the club but it is one of the stupidest decisions yet.

I commented earlier on in this thread about the ascendancy of AV and that their position last season wasn't reflective of their rebuilding effort.

Na wah.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

- As much as I am a supporter of Ozil's skills , I dont think yesterday's game would have been influanced by Ozil or improved by any one creative player. The team was piss poor from back to front.

- Not one ball stuck to Auba or Laca except it was in the front of them or in the air any one ball that was played to their feet yesterday was lost ..

- willian did more bad than good yesterday it was so bad I would have taken him off in the first half - the first and second goals where all from him somewhat.

- Even rock solid Gabriel was guilty of some clearances that went straight to Villa and was out-positioned a couple of times

- Saka was bullied all game and was spent by the end of first half ( i also think he is being overplayed )

- Theirney has been off a few games and was so so bad yesterday.. the list goes on..Leno could have done well screaming at his back line but the guy be like gentleman and we did not need a gentleman keeper yesterday.

We needed for Character yesterday - Luiz, Kola , AMN and Xhaka if they were fit. Those guys dont play well but also dont get bullied. I felt so sorry for Saka yesterday that Villa guy brushed him endlessly and not one Arsenal player even Auba stood up or retaliated for him.

I trust Xhaka he would have gotten a yellow but would have brushed one or two Villa players .

Mo and Partey ( I don think Partey dodged out when he saw the game was going downhill ) ..

Lastly Arteta should read games and setup accordingly - yesterday needed Pepe, AMN and Kola and some games need Cedric not Bellerin.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:Need the five sub rule to be reinstated. Arsenal looked clay footed all day...
oh really? How about Arteta getting out coached & schooled by the British block head named Dean Smith ... oh wait :rotf:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Gooner1 wrote:...the moment I knew that Arteta is out of his depth......when he subbed Partey...
Even with Partey, Aston Villa MIdfielders (McGinn, Luiz & Barkley) ran riot and controlled the midfield from the opening whistle. Partey was not relevant yesterday.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:Need the five sub rule to be reinstated. Arsenal looked clay footed all day...
oh really? How about Arteta getting out coached & schooled by the British block head named Dean Smith ... oh wait :rotf:
To the victor the spoils of war...
But doesn't change my opinion of Dean Smith...
There's a reason he's at Villa...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Lacazette's quality is not in question. He delivered for is on our way to winning the FA cup
Is this another fantasy tale or did I watch a diff
cup run?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Sleaky72 wrote:
Lacazette's quality is not in question. He delivered for is on our way to winning the FA cup
Is this another fantasy tale or did I watch a diff
cup run?
Semi final and finals was Auba,against City and Chelsea,Auba was the guy who delivered and gave us that troph.Also Martinez was on fire playing from back well,command his area.
Arteta will not last if he continue like this,Playing 8 games 4 win 4 lost is bad consider likes of Wolves,Palace,Everton, Soton,Leicester and Aston etc are ahead of us with a game in hand.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I don't think I set out to scapegoat Lacazete in what was a total team failure. I asked a question that has been burning in my mind long before Aston Villa set the Emirates on fire. :lol:
Waffiman wrote:

"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bepanda wrote:Same old Arsenal. Nothing changed. Too many average players. Keep signing Chelsea rejects !!!
:laugh: Willian is class, however at his age Chelsea knew why he was offered 2 years contract..however as assnal nah money miss raod they offered him 250k for 3 years :lol: . retirement in full effects
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved