The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

kajifu wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Once again template for short term success is right in front of Arteta. Power, pace, athleticism, physicality, stamina & desire translates to better results in any competition.

Enough of Willan, Xhaka, Ceballos, nowhere in top flight footy does slow & immobile elevate a team.
How will you set the team against Jose on sunday?
That game might be end of Arteta career at beloved.Jose saying he expect clean sheet and plus 3 goals from spurs players to stay top of the league.Hmmmmm we are in trouble
Health permitting

Leno

Bellerin--Chambers-Gabriel--Tierney

AMN--Partey--El neny--

Nelson---Auba--Saka
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
green4life wrote:Waffi et al, - fans of the only proper London club Chelsea trades players with - thanks again for Giroud. Money very well spent. Daalu. Unu emela. :clap:
Nah! Arsenal sold Giroud against his will, to fund the purchase of Aubameyang. A fantastic decision, given Auba's contribution, despite Giroud's worth to Arsenal over the years.

Willian is taking his time, just like he did when he joined Chelsea.

A proper London club. :lol: :lol:

A proper club is the club that is self sustaining, not relying on the pocket of a billionaire sugar daddy to buy trophies.

We all know, London is RED. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Please tell me is not true: Is Arteta playing Laca today as a #10?
Yep. Look! Where he is playing Niles.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
green4life wrote:Waffi et al, - fans of the only proper London club Chelsea trades players with - thanks again for Giroud. Money very well spent. Daalu. Unu emela. :clap:
Nah! Arsenal sold Giroud against his will, to fund the purchase of Aubameyang. A fantastic decision, given Auba's contribution, despite Giroud's worth to Arsenal over the years.

A proper club is the club that is self sustaining, not relying on the pocket of a billionaire sugar daddy to buy trophies.

Using "positional amateurs" to do a job where a bonafide pro exists and being wasted. SMFGDH.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Using "positional amateurs" to do a job where a bonafide pro exists and being wasted. SMFGDH.
You saw the banner calling for Ozil in the stadium. When the Fans return, they will get Ozil back. They did when Emery was there, they will do it again.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

You saw the banner calling for Ozil in the stadium. When the Fans return, they will get Ozil back. They did when Emery was there, they will do it again.

Sadly like Emery I think we dont have the luxury to use Ozil. A player like Ozil requires two grunt midfielders - not one to get their game on ..and Arteta like Emery and most modern managers cannot play that way. I love Ozil but he style and time has passed no one plays that way anymore.

Only In Italy and maybe France will he get that luxury in Europe. I dont think he will get that even in MLS. Ozil needs a plow in front and a shield at the back to place his mercurial passes. He needs to change his style to adapt to todays game.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... raore.html

Azuka behold thy star player? :sneaky: :sneaky:
An object of ridicule for opposing teams.
Wow
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

I keep asking myself if this same Ozil wasn't the same person that most Arsenal fans wanted benched and removed for lack of 'effort.' Every time he played, most on this site will come out and scapegoat him, saying he keeps sleeping on duty.

Suddenly, he's the messiah that will save Arsenal from disaster, and transform the team offensively. Same player that barely contributed 2-3 assists in the last 3 years or so. A player that I've always loved and still do, but became the official scapegoat whenever the team lost.

He's now the reason Arteta is being asked to leave. It's just laughable and ridiculous in the same vein.

Bring back Ozil into this team, and nothing will change. This club messed up with the way they hounded Wenger out of the club, and made a whole mess of recruitment and organization thereafter. Fundamental changes are needed to get the club on the right path again. I don talk my own finish.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Waffiman wrote:

errr ... Willian came to Chelsea and won multiple league titles, European titles and assorted other trophies as did Ashley Cole and Fabregas did when they joined the only team in London :taunt:

Meanwhile good luck tomorrow. 8-)
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Yeah bro, I saw it.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Cally wrote:I keep asking myself if this same Ozil wasn't the same person that most Arsenal fans wanted benched and removed for lack of 'effort.' Every time he played, most on this site will come out and scapegoat him, saying he keeps sleeping on duty.

Suddenly, he's the messiah that will save Arsenal from disaster, and transform the team offensively. Same player that barely contributed 2-3 assists in the last 3 years or so. A player that I've always loved and still do, but became the official scapegoat whenever the team lost.

He's now the reason Arteta is being asked to leave. It's just laughable and ridiculous in the same vein.

Bring back Ozil into this team, and nothing will change. This club messed up with the way they hounded Wenger out of the club, and made a whole mess of recruitment and organization thereafter. Fundamental changes are needed to get the club on the right path again. I don talk my own finish.
It's funny when people talk about Ozil, we are reminded that he got little assists in the last few years. Arsenal fans tend to forget that what assists exactly is. No matter how good a chance Ozil creates, if it is not scored he never gets an assists.
In my opinion a better stats will be how many chances did he create in that corresponding period in question.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Sleaky72 wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... raore.html

Azuka behold thy star player? :sneaky: :sneaky:
An object of ridicule for opposing teams.
Wow
Lol very funny. So it's now Xhaka that's the problem? Remember when you blaming blaming Arsenal woes on Ozil? Now he's not even in the registered squad you have shifted the blame to Xhaka. When Xhaka leaves who will u blame next.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Sadly like Emery I think we dont have the luxury to use Ozil. A player like Ozil requires two grunt midfielders - not one to get their game on ..and Arteta like Emery and most modern managers cannot play that way. I love Ozil but he style and time has passed no one plays that way anymore.

Only In Italy and maybe France will he get that luxury in Europe. I dont think he will get that even in MLS. Ozil needs a plow in front and a shield at the back to place his mercurial passes. He needs to change his style to adapt to todays game.
Really? Please take time to watch Man U match today against West Ham United, and see the part played by Juan Mata a player similar to Ozil. Then come back and rationalized your theory.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Azuka - I like Ozil like you BUT ...

I am glad I watched that match - and I am glad you mentioned it was a change - so it was/is not normal for manure to setup that way... secondly Arsenal does not have the luxury in personnel that Manure have - did you notice the work Fernandes, Podga, Greenwood and Rashford did for Mata to do his thing ? and Mctominay.

You have players who will run like that for Ozil in Arsenal ? And Arteta already tried to make Ozil do is grunt work it did not work o

Let me remind you of Your boy Xhaka - In the Swiss team , he is shielded and not just captains the team BUT he does not even get yellows!! You sabi why ? he doe snot need to chase Traore to tackle him and arrive late to get a yellow card !! so these players are not bad is the way we play.

lastly manure will not play that way every game ( only wolves play like that sometimes ( moutinho }, but even he is shielded when he does.

...Socrates
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Azuka - I like Ozil like you BUT ...

I am glad I watched that match - and I am glad you mentioned it was a change - so it was/is not normal for manure to setup that way... secondly Arsenal does not have the luxury in personnel that Manure have - did you notice the work Fernandes, Podga, Greenwood and Rashford did for Mata to do his thing ? and Mctominay.

You have players who will run like that for Ozil in Arsenal ? And Arteta already tried to make Ozil do is grunt work it did not work o

Let me remind you of Your boy Xhaka - In the Swiss team , he is shielded and not just captains the team BUT he does not even get yellows!! You sabi why ? he doe snot need to chase Traore to tackle him and arrive late to get a yellow card !! so these players are not bad is the way we play.

lastly manure will not play that way every game ( only wolves play like that sometimes ( moutinho }, but even he is shielded when he does.
In response to all this i refer you to when in the early part of Arteta's reign when we beat Man U at the Emirates. That was for me was a template that Arteta could have built on and used going forward. Remember then there was no Gabriel, Partey. Or even Elneny. And I also want you to cast your mind back to the early Unai's tenure, in the best match IMO played by Unai's Arsenal. That match was against Liverpool which Arsenal deserved to win which ended 1-1.
My point? It's all about the tactical formation employed. That's all it's all about. With Ozil in the team the team could start with 4-2-3-1 when with the ball and without the ball devolve into a 4-4-2 formation to defend. It's all about tactical formation.

Above all it is pennywise and pound foolish to be paying an employee 1$ and not be using him.

You mentioned Xhaka. This is the same guy who in the early part of Arteta's reign was blameless in play. By the way, i watch the Swiss team often and i doubt if more than 2 of the team's starting XI will make the current Arsenal starting XI. So it's not as if the Swiss players are World Class. They are not and that's a fact. Honestly i see no World class player in the team, not even Shaqiri the Liverpool player. So like i mentioned it's all about tactics.
Ask yourself, what happened to that Arteta teams with inverted full backs?

In all this one undisputed fact is Arsenal today lacks creativity. And this why we are where we are. It is that simple. And i hope the club deeps into the market for one.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Arteta leaves El Neny on the bench and starts Haka?
Have it your way Mikel.
Toss off!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Good news for ARSEnal at last. Ndombele is not playing. That was the guy that was going to tear into you today.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:Good news for ARSEnal at last. Ndombele is not playing. That was the guy that was going to tear into you today.
preparing excuses already, are we? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

That was a good goal.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Arsenal defenders backing off!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Arteta may not survive this season. Holding decided to back off and create a wall for Song to bend ball - what do they teach these defenders ?

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

MEn what has happened to Saka ? Have we overplayed the young man ? He is so so off these days ?

...Socrates
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cito wrote:That was a good goal.

That was a clinic in bad defending and goal keeping...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp