The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by danfo driver »

Guys, the FA Cup fixtures was announced today.

Arsenal will play Newcastle. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:Btw ...Gervinho is still scoring on the moon o :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Uncle, I am greeting you. Good evening.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Unku, this ya greeting dey one kain o
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Unku, this ya greeting dey one kain o
:rotf: No worry, Thursday will be a good day. Rapid Wien go hia wieeeen :lol: :lol: :lol:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Chei dd sabi troll sha :rotf:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Its a Goal wrote:Chei dd sabi troll sha :rotf:.
When i say make we beg the bobo guys thing say are dey playing.
Alot of Arsenal fans cant post here lying here to know more and danfo actually expose those lies.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Why is Arteta getting a pass but Emery was sacked even though we were 8 but Arteta we have the worst run since 1981 and 14 in the table,After sunday it will be 16 in the standing likely?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]kajifu[/color] wrote: Why is Arteta getting a pass but Emery was sacked even though we were 8 but Arteta we have the worst run since 1981 and 14 in the table,After sunday it will be 16 in the standing likely?
It is the NLD, form goes out of the window. Anything can happen. Because your team is desperate they will resort to desperate measures by trying to unsettle our players with rough play. I expect a high score and couple of red cards.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Now guys have cooled a bit, let's do a small tactical analysis.

Look at our passmap from the Wolves game. It is a shocker. The worst I have seen from us in 5 seasons, and there have been some bad ones of late

It really exposes what the problem is in this team, and why Arteta has been playing his rigid, defensive 3-4-3 system. Let me stress, this is now a pattern with this set up using these players of recent, teams like Villa, Leicester, Wolves now beat us at home, when it was the top clubs that used to.

The thing is, when you study our set up, Arteta is actually fielding 3 central midfielders to disguise the fact that it was actually a 3 at back, with Xhaka at Left Centre Back. So the 4-3-3 is actually not what it looks, because Xhaka is LCB without the ball, but in possession, he steps out to LCM, and Ceballos goes RCM. Okay, there are variations, so it is not that simple.

But it can be frustrating because Arteta seems to sets out his team almost, to play the system, and not the game. I mean, at times, you had Saka deep, Willock WR, whilst the Luiz switch was the only mode of creating chances. :curse:

Now compare and contrast us to City's passmap vs. Burnley.

Need I say a thing? Note the glaring differences to us. :oops:

Our passmap begs the question, why have 3 in midfield when 2 of your midfield occupy the same spaces as the CBs and the LW? You can see why teams easily run straight through us.

How can you dictate games when you have nobody in midfield? Look, we actually have nobody who functions directly in the midfield. Our passing lanes shows everything we attempt goes down the left flank and we have no central or dominant midfield presence.

We do not use central midfield as a passing lane. Also, nobody finds that space between the opposition midfield and defence. In effect, our attackers are starved completely of service and cannot link up with their central midfielders.

Look! This cannot continue. My fear is, I saw players who did not believe against Wolves. I saw signs in the players that took me back to the last days of Emery. That passmap suggests more than system and tactics being wrong. The NLD, will be the game that shows us, what is really going on.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

No need for plenty analysis.

- This same team ( save some improvements ) played 3-5-2 and we complained about them being boring and not creating enough chances - BUT we were not shipping goals or losing matches at home.

- So what can be inferred from this ? we dont have the skillset to play what he has changed the team to play, simple.

We have the skillset to be boring and scrape by lose some win some better go back to that and play that till we get to January.

-Now to the unseen.... Players dont seem happy for some reason ( we cannot postulate ) but they are unhappy . He needs to figure this out too , i will not speculate as to why I dont know dont have a crystal ball or mind reading machine. but the players are not happy.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Its a Goal wrote:
ESPN wrote: November 29, 2019: Arsenal sack Unai Emery with the club in 8th place.
November 29, 2020: Arsenal lose to Wolves and are currently in 14th place.
What a difference a year makes :woot:
:mrgreen:
What a difference a tear makes. FA Cup and another trophy. What did spuds win? When did you last win a thing? :taunt: :taunt:
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
ESPN wrote: November 29, 2019: Arsenal sack Unai Emery with the club in 8th place.
What a difference a tear makes. FA Cup and another trophy. What did spuds win? When did you last win a thing? :taunt: :taunt:
Knowing this team....they will just about avoid relegation, win the Europa cup and spuds get 4th.....
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Siddonlook11 wrote:No need for plenty analysis.

- This same team ( save some improvements ) played 3-5-2 and we complained about them being boring and not creating enough chances - BUT we were not shipping goals or losing matches at home.

- So what can be inferred from this ? we dont have the skillset to play what he has changed the team to play, simple.

We have the skillset to be boring and scrape by lose some win some better go back to that and play that till we get to January.

-Now to the unseen.... Players dont seem happy for some reason ( we cannot postulate ) but they are unhappy . He needs to figure this out too , i will not speculate as to why I dont know dont have a crystal ball or mind reading machine. but the players are not happy.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Knowing this team....they will just about avoid relegation, win the Europa cup and spuds get 4th.....
The team just need to avoid defeat at spurs come sunday.But looking at our set up Arteta might likely enter record with worst loss away at Spurs.hopefully the boys show up and Jose and spurs take the day off.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Guys,

remember when Waffiman was your god? and everything he said, you lapped it up and fawned all over him, running to climb on his laps and be fed with his knowledge?

Now, only one person responded to him, while others just read, roll their eyes and move on. :lol:

Oh! Chale! how times have changed. :(
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:Guys,

remember when Waffiman was your god? and everything he said, you lapped it up and fawned all over him, running to climb on his laps and be fed with his knowledge?

Now, only one person responded to him, while others just read, roll their eyes and move on. :lol:

Danfo what is your take of this season in EPL?
I think it looks like its wide open this season with about 4 teams for the title(Spurs,Liverpool,Chelsea,City).
What can team like Arsenal do to close the gap?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Guys,

Danfo what is your take of this season in EPL?
I think it looks like its wide open this season with about 4 teams for the title(Spurs,Liverpool,Chelsea,City).
The seed will be separated from the shaft soon enough.
What can team like Arsenal do to close the gap?
You guys know what to do. :D
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Waffi et al, - fans of the only proper London club Chelsea trades players with - thanks again for Giroud. Money very well spent. Daalu. Unu emela. :clap:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

green4life wrote:Waffi et al, - fans of the only proper London club Chelsea trades players with - thanks again for Giroud. Money very well spent. Daalu. Unu emela. :clap:
:sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: we got his backup in the French NT.... Laca.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Assanal sold Giroud to Chelsea, chelsea gave them Willian and Luiz :D
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
green4life wrote:Waffi et al, - fans of the only proper London club Chelsea trades players with - thanks again for Giroud. Money very well spent. Daalu. Unu emela. :clap:
:sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: we got his backup in the French NT.... Laca.
Xhak-LACA-Aubam-Boom? :sneaky:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Assanal sold Giroud to Chelsea, chelsea gave them Willian and Luiz :D
Nah! Arsenal sold Giroud against his will, to fund the purchase of Aubameyang. A fantastic decision, given Auba's contribution, despite Giroud's worth to Arsenal over the years.