The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by Sleaky72 »

Coach wrote:@Oloye, the rot runs deeper than the overpaid, toupee sporting white elephant and reaches far back to a time when lines were packed with lies, in a world before the Fake News memes. That being said, Aubameyang typifies the buffoonery running riot at Ashburton Grove. Whilst still nursing the wounds of Ozil-gate, Arsenal dived headfirst into another huge contract to capsize the sinking ship. Said it back then and will say it again, Aubameyang should've been sold. Arsenal are going nowhere and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future, to think Auba would do any more than his own version of Alexis at Old Trafford was absolute buffoonery.

As for Arteta, the famed tactical intelligence and coaching excellence is languishing behind David 'all I do is win' Moyes. Theres only so many excuses.
Just curious how much do you think you
would’ve have earned for Auba, and who
would you have replaced him with and for
how much?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:This squad like a long line of Arsenal squads over last 4 seasons is rife with players who are a mixed bag of overpaid, overrated, , low football IQ, gutless mercenaries.

Sounds like a cliché but culture is the bedrock foundation of clubs that are serious about excellence.

For every Tierney you have a diva like Auba, for every Partey you have a Ceballos. Heart & soul of club are kids i.e Saka, ESR...kids as the foundation and major honors do not go hand in hand. This why I want Odegaard has quality, character, work ethic ticks necessary boxes.

Bottom line going forward club can't just focus on "skill" or physical attributes, club must ensure any player who dawns the cannon meets high standards of integrity, intelligence, courage, dedication to the club and game of football as a whole. In the words of Rocky Rocastle.

look at this migrant from Tunisia running his mouth on how a foreign club should be ran, the guts to call players who travelled from afar such to earn a living , while you sit you zero round belly out of shape none running couch potato face . you don't even sign their paychecks.. sit your butt down and continue to get entertained..., shows how comfortable you are.. we would like to see you run a mile under 8 mins smh.. maybe you should channel more energy towards Esperance
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Thunder wrote:Seems a fair result!
A fairer result would have seen Arsenal bludgeoned to death! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:What I would like to know is simple, what kind of tactics made it impossible for Aubameyang to have a sniff, any kind of of sniff, even a 20 yard shot at goal. Abuse him for as much as you can, but a man who for two seasons ranked among the highest scorers suddenly fi ds it hard to even come near the box never mind take a shot at goal.

There was a time I used to say that Arsenal is not beaten as long as the ref has not blown the final whistle and Auba is still on the pitch.

So please help me ask Arteta, what kind of tactics keeps your best attacker away from goal... Ejoor é ba mí bí.
No be tactics, Uncle.

Aubameyang, like Flamini, did what he had to do to get his last big contract. Once money enter account, he was done! :lol: :lol: I warned them! Dem no listen! I have seen several players do this for fun! Flamini is the biggest thief because he has done it to multiple clubs. :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:What I would like to know is simple, what kind of tactics made it impossible for Aubameyang to have a sniff, any kind of of sniff, even a 20 yard shot at goal. Abuse him for as much as you can, but a man who for two seasons ranked among the highest scorers suddenly fi ds it hard to even come near the box never mind take a shot at goal.

There was a time I used to say that Arsenal is not beaten as long as the ref has not blown the final whistle and Auba is still on the pitch.

So please help me ask Arteta, what kind of tactics keeps your best attacker away from goal... Ejoor é ba mí bí.
No be tactics, Uncle.

Aubameyang, like Flamini, did what he had to do to get his last big contract. Once money enter account, he was done! :lol: :lol: I warned them! Dem no listen! I have seen several players do this for fun! Flamini is the biggest thief because he has done it to multiple clubs. :rotf:
I am sorry, but it is just too easy the narrative that since he got the new contract he can no longer be bothered to put his back to it. Looks too simplistic for my liking. Talking about the contract, giving such a contract to an over 30 year old has no wisdom to it, what is his age again? He is at an age where his career can be expected to take a turn south, not neccessarily because he does not want to put his back to it. What is Auba's greatest quality, it is not ball distribution, it is not ball play, it is not chasing down anyone, it is simply putting the ball in the net. He would take 4 out of every 5 chances period.

Asking a player like that to do any other thing is asking for too much. Like @Coach said perhaps he should just have been sold instead of going down the route of handing out another controversial contract. But then hindsight is a gift, cos people still curse the management for allowing Van Persie to go when he should have been awarded a bumper package. Same people are still around who would curse the management for allowing Auba to live. I mean we are talking of Auba, the same player 90% of the fans were prepared to sell the Emirates for in order to retain.

I can understand when a team is repeatedly attacking and the likes of Auba are squandering chances, but how many chances were there yesterday for a team playing at home, only 2,for most of the time they were busy playing ball across and backwards in the name of keeping compact, afraid of breaking forward.

Every time I watch Arsenal, I see a team trying badly to play like City, but instead of getting result like the City called Manchester, they end up like Sheffield, simply because the players are not there or they have been over coached.

Two players bailed Arteta out from the mess that should have gotten him sacked since, they are Saka and Rowe, Teo players who were ready to run endlessly and challenge the rigid structure that turns them into a blunt knife with each passing game.

Back to Auba, I repeat it has nothing to do with the pay, but of course the issue of pay adds a nice drama to the saga. The truth be told, nó player in Arsenal deserves that obscene money, none at all. Never mind giving it to a 30 something year old, doing it when the player is already over 30...which begs the question is he being rewarded for the past or for the future?When a player who has been averaging over 20 goals even in shitty seasons for Arsenal suddenly cannot come near anywhere near scoring, something is wrong and questions need be asked. Of course all manner of questions can be fielded.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Sleaky72 wrote:
Coach wrote:@Oloye, the rot runs deeper than the overpaid, toupee sporting white elephant and reaches far back to a time when lines were packed with lies, in a world before the Fake News memes. That being said, Aubameyang typifies the buffoonery running riot at Ashburton Grove. Whilst still nursing the wounds of Ozil-gate, Arsenal dived headfirst into another huge contract to capsize the sinking ship. Said it back then and will say it again, Aubameyang should've been sold. Arsenal are going nowhere and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future, to think Auba would do any more than his own version of Alexis at Old Trafford was absolute buffoonery.

As for Arteta, the famed tactical intelligence and coaching excellence is languishing behind David 'all I do is win' Moyes. Theres only so many excuses.
how much?
You get the going rate given circumstance. The greatest gain would've been getting him off the books. What have they gained? What is the cost of the contract now? What has Aubameyang done since? Of course he was going in to decline, who throws such sizeable contracts at someone at this stage of their career? Absolute madness.

As for replacement, has the produce been so great as to suggest it couldn't be met by another or shared by two or three?

At 31 years of age, what did Arsenal believe they would get from a 3 year (season) deal...absolute madness. Who will equal his wages? With the player recruitment rules changed in China, even the Orient Express wont offer him a ticket.
Last edited by Coach on Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Coach wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

how much?
You get the going rate given circumstance. The greatest gain would've bene getting him off the books. What have they gained? What is the cost of the contract now? What has Aubameyang done since? Of course he was going in to decline, who throws such sizeable contracts at some at this stage of their career? Absolute madness.

As for replacement, has the produce been so great as to suggest it couldn't be met by another or shared by two or three?

At 31 years of age, what did Arsenal believe they would get from a 3 year (season) deal...absolute madness. Who will equal his wages? With the player recruitment rules changed in China, even the Orient Express went offer him a ticket.
Chief ya doing the moonwalk, laddie.
Ya can’t run a million pound biz like this.
Ya saying sell and hope?
Really?
Cmon laddie ya gotta do better than that now, surely?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Not at all...Decline was inevitable. There’s a reason he was demanding the additional years, he knew, much like Willian, his best was behind him. Giving 3 year deals to 31 year olds is ludicrous. Even Messi’s on a yearly renewal. For all the ills of Wengerism, the ageism enforced beyond 30 made absolute sense. Diminishing returns are an inevitability. It’s not about hope in the replacement, rather acceptance of sh*tness and targeted scouting/recruitment.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Coaching is about utilizing the resources at hand - in other words play with the team you have not the one you think you should have. I keep reading nonsense about pay & the like - but we all know your contract's about the market place not the discretion of us fans. Your need for a player & time of signing affect the numbers hugely.
If you worry about Auba's age, ask why the gaffer plays him at a position where he needs the legs & stamina of a younger stud? Ask why France keeps picking Giroud over Laca as a striker who plays with back to goal?
Ask when it's patently obvious Ødegaard cannot breach the gate Jürgen Klopp set up for him, Mikel left him in with same tactics?
It's not about the squad you have but how you use them - Lampard vs Thomas Tuchel

Mikel has a way of doing a Jose - blame the team but who selected that 11? Are we to truly believe those guys elected to drop & sit deep, layoff man on ball - conceding so much territory in the full knowledge of how L'Pool have performed this season?
-----------------------------------------------

https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/06/pierre-e ... -12953141/

Willy Aubameyang:

"‘He’s a good coach, he’s not bad, but I don’t like when he puts my brother on the left, I don’t understand this.

‘I don’t like it when he plays left, I like when he plays striker
.’"
--------------------------------------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMTbwStFn4s

Mikel????
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Coach wrote:Not at all...Decline was inevitable. There’s a reason he was demanding the additional years, he knew, much like Willian, his best was behind him. Giving 3 year deals to 31 year olds is ludicrous. Even Messi’s on a yearly renewal. For all the ills of Wengerism, the ageism enforced beyond 30 made absolute sense. Diminishing returns are an inevitability. It’s not about hope in the replacement, rather acceptance of sh*tness and targeted scouting/recruitment.
Chief,
I totally hear your premise but while not
disputing it, in business we do the alternative forgone.
So if you’re gonna bin Auba for peanuts in a depressed market, and
considering his age and expiring contract, what do ya replace him with
and for how much?

You need backsliding and moon walking away from those specifics and
that’s what I’m asking you about. We are fans, we can mistakes and get
criticized for our opinions but it doesn’t cost the club millions or result in job
Losses or meltdowns on fan tv or the Internet.
So feel free to give us the alternatives for Arsenal at yer leisure.

Bottom line is that Auba is proven goal merchant. It’s clear that’s it’s the clown
who is setting up the line up and strategy that has no clue on how to use him.
Auba’s goals come mostly from arriving in the box or from running at defenses ... how this
joker hasn’t been able to isolate and set him up for success especially against a depleted Liverpool
side or in other games is besides me ... the coach is a proper joke.

He only has a job Cuz of Emi and Auba’s FA cup heroics plus the emergence of the Hale End boys. Aside from that Arteta is a total lost cause
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

oloye wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:I know I will get abuse but I daresay we missed Xhaka ..yes I talk am we missed Xhaka.

Arteta better bring in Martinelli and bench Auba's #$%.
I know you are Xhaka fan but the one player we truely miss is Saka the kid has drag us all season single hand.
His absent is a big miss
When they voted Xhaka as their player of the season abi month I was wondering how they omitted the real hero of the team. I thought maybe they wanted to vote Saka.

Just a small reminder that less than a month ago we beat Leicester 1-3 at home without Saka. This reminder is not to downplay Saka ( I voted for Saka over Xhaka ) in that vote Xhaka won. But we cannot also CONTINUE to downplay Xhaka's role. There is a reason 3 managers played him without rest and there is a reason his country plays him always.

Bottom line is we missed Saka, ESR and Xhaka , no need to downplay the effect of one over the other. we missed all 3.

Recall the first tactical change Arteta made ? it was Dani for El neny ( he structured the team in the midfield to play compact ) but it did not work and he had no clue on how to change it.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

And now, what do they have in Aubameyang? Disciplinary issues, poor productivity, a sizeable contribution to the abject failure on the pitch, With or without him, the season was destined for failure, so why retain his costly services with diminishing returns all but guaranteed.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Shameless Losers! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

10th on the table. Worthless club, arrogant and empty vessel for fans. :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aston Villa, which just got promoted, has a game in hand and still above you. You are languishing tied with Leeds in 11th position, shaemlessly. Yet a large number of your fans still run around the whole place spouting rotten air from their rotten mouths. And you wonder why your fanbase is the most hated in world football.

Kaii! please sit down where you belong with the likes of Villa and Brighton. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

danfo driver wrote:10th on the table. Worthless club, arrogant and empty vessel for fans. :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aston Villa, which just got promoted, has a game in hand and still above you. You are languishing tied with Leeds in 11th position, shaemlessly. Yet a large number of your fans still run around the whole place spouting rotten air from their rotten mouths. And you wonder why your fanbase is the most hated in world football.

Kaii! please sit down where you belong with the likes of Villa and Brighton. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You a pollster now? How do you carry out these surveys - zoom call!!? ? Curious
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

arteta is a water boy carrier, not a coach....smh
Now there are rumours abound that they are going to sell Saka in the summer.....
what a poorly run club

Oh... here's one for your statisticians...
Arsenal have lost six Premier League home games this season - that's more than in the whole of the last two seasons put together (5).

It's also the most home league defeats since 1994-95 (also 6).

They lost 7 in 1992-93
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tolahs wrote:
danfo driver wrote:10th on the table. Worthless club, arrogant and empty vessel for fans. :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bro, this is a fact. Arsenal fan TV gets millions more people watching when your team loses, because people want to look at your fans in a meltdown and laugh. I have never met a non-Arsenal fan who liked Arsenal fans. I have actually met people who are "okay" with Arsenal, but hate your fans! Most of your fans (Not all) are seen as loud, vile, arrogant, obnoxious empty vessels who still think that your club is a successful club when you are not. To give you a picture, people see most of your fans like Anikulapo :oops:

I once had a neighbor in college who was an Arsenal fan. He was so obnoxious, that I used to take the longer route to the corner store, just toavoid running into him. Tufiakwa!

I am sure when the few sane ones like of you, Uncle Ogbunigwe or Robby go through this thread, you cringe at some of the nutcases you call fellow fans.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this is why they are losing week in week out.. the confusing part be say these spammers would constantly spam other teams laughing etc... however their so called fake English speaking so called Spanish speaking coach continues to use babel when speaking to the press
SuperEagles

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

danfo driver wrote:
tolahs wrote:

Bro, this is a fact. Arsenal fan TV gets millions more people watching when your team loses, because people want to look at your fans in a meltdown and laugh. I have never met a non-Arsenal fan who liked Arsenal fans. I have actually met people who are "okay" with Arsenal, but hate your fans! Most of your fans (Not all) are seen as loud, vile, arrogant, obnoxious empty vessels who still think that your club is a successful club when you are not. To give you a picture, people see most of your fans like Anikulapo :oops:

I once had a neighbor in college who was an Arsenal fan. He was so obnoxious, that I used to take the longer route to the corner store, just toavoid running into him. Tufiakwa!

I am sure when the few sane ones like of you, Uncle Ogbunigwe or Robby go through this thread, you cringe at some of the nutcases you call fellow fans.
So you've witnessed in the cause of your eventful life some meltdowns by dejected gooners & hence conclude we're the most hated in the World?
"I HAVE NEVER MET A NON-ARSENAL FAN WHO LIKED ARSENAL FANS" - Do you really go out of your way to find out what others think of us Gooners?
Are football fans in the business of being like by other fans? Strange take.
Interesting in a sport where some clubs have deep Ultras root, you bait & prick Gooners for reaction - you really wish you were one of us.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Coach wrote:And now, what do they have in Aubameyang? Disciplinary issues, poor productivity, a sizeable contribution to the abject failure on the pitch, With or without him, the season was destined for failure, so why retain his costly services with diminishing returns all but guaranteed.
The name's COACH - you just posted a rant that screams bias & agenda - zilch_all about the Commandant who keeps dropping the ball. If you think all this about Auba, one needs education on what you think of Mikel
Let's start with the most recent match - Mikel elected to not pass out from the back but picks Danny, has slower Chambers:RB(suitable for the Hammers) play against a set of speedy wides of L'Pool.
Has Tierney tucked in cos of Salah & make Auba play at wingback - Imagine how happy that made Jürgen Klopp - a team with shaky central defence can comfortably play a high line cos we're camped defending our box - no out balls.
If you put the full court press on a player to stay as was done with Auba, It's incumbent on Mikel to build a team around him & play to his strengths.
We were giving some hope this season when the wenger kids got on the pitch - their strength is low touch ball. Mikel has not convinced the entire squad of the importance of that element. Danny's a high touch player & shouldn't have been on the pitch.
-------------------------

Way b4 Auba renewed his contract, his older brother
Willy Aubameyang spoke:

"‘HE’S A GOOD COACH, HE’S NOT BAD, BUT I DON’T LIKE WHEN HE PUTS MY BROTHER ON THE LEFT, I DON’T UNDERSTAND THIS.

‘I DON’T LIKE IT WHEN HE PLAYS LEFT, I LIKE WHEN HE PLAYS STRIKER.’"
----------------------------------------------------------
We were warned
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:This squad like a long line of Arsenal squads over last 4 seasons is rife with players who are a mixed bag of overpaid, overrated, , low football IQ, gutless mercenaries.

Sounds like a cliché but culture is the bedrock foundation of clubs that are serious about excellence.

For every Tierney you have a diva like Auba, for every Partey you have a Ceballos. Heart & soul of club are kids i.e Saka, ESR...kids as the foundation and major honors do not go hand in hand. This why I want Odegaard has quality, character, work ethic ticks necessary boxes.

Bottom line going forward club can't just focus on "skill" or physical attributes, club must ensure any player who dawns the cannon meets high standards of integrity, intelligence, courage, dedication to the club and game of football as a whole. In the words of Rocky Rocastle.

look at this migrant from Tunisia running his mouth on how a foreign club should be ran, the guts to call players who travelled from afar such to earn a living , while you sit you zero round belly out of shape none running couch potato face . you don't even sign their paychecks.. sit your butt down and continue to get entertained..., shows how comfortable you are.. we would like to see you run a mile under 8 mins smh.. maybe you should channel more energy towards Esperance

He is a Gooner talking truths about his team. You are not, so what do you know about it?
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

This is truly damning from Gary Neville. He says some players down tools on Arteta.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... ssion=true
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I am very well aware of the late David Roscastle and cannot stand the new rants so called assnal folks are now spewing. Fyi Tunisia gooner is fake ...he offers nothing to thr discuss. I am not a assanal fan..but Tunisia gooner is very toxic to your club..the earlier you kick such enemies of progress, the better for yall to reset the issues at your club..assanal fans tv is another toxic entity
SuperEagles