Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:46 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:41 pm 

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
benteke wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
So the end of this long thread of legal ramblings or miseducation ends with Messi staying and somehow this troublesome danfo being right ??

Hmmm make i no find danfo trouble :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I also notice the law angle debate has somewhat ground to a halt, is it correct to assume Danfo won :rotf:

Interesting though, i will re-read from the start.

But guys i used to have arguments about Messi, he is a quitter, i realised this when he quit Argentina temporarily.
He works well when things are going mostly OK.

I wish this saga had happened when he was younger, when he would have had a fair shot at proving everyone wrong.

He is a great footballer mind you.

This is like the end of the era of Ronaldo and Messi. A very good era, they are the only ones who deserved those top accolades :thumb:

Can we really say who won as Messi choose not to pursue the legal angle implying in his interview he knows he’s in the right and would win but his love for the club wouldn’t allow him drag them through litigation....basically he’d rather just wait another year and get out clean without having to do all that.

If it was a legal challenge he thought he could win he would have pursued.

We definitely can't assume that. Especially if you watched his interview. The thing that hurt him the most in this entire situation is that people labeled him a traitor and a liar etc, and he said he didn't want to compound it by taking the club he loves through a legal spectacle, he just wanted what the Director had promised him, but if he has to go through court to get it, he would rather wait another year than becoming person-non-grata in the city of Barcelona. A city where he's made a home for himself and his family, especially with everything that Barcelona FC had done for him with his rare health condition etc. You have to take the human factor into consideration, these players are not heartless robots, they have feelings and do react to public perception and pressure.

That's all nice sounding but he realized he didn't have much of a case in the end.

Surprised you are engaging one of the dumbest people on CE on this matter. No waste your time. :oops: Dude probably watches law shows on tv and thinks he understand how things work. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:29 pm 

Truth is, choosing to insult someone who didn't insult you simply because of a difference in opinion says more about you than it does the person. But make una carry on sha...However, my point still stands, how can you gloat about being correct about legal details of a case where the legality of it didn't have a chance to be argued in a court of law? This has nothing to do with understanding the contents of the contract, but simple common sense. As we all know, a scare tactic used by big corporations/entities is to say if you don't like it take it to court, and someone might decide not to go to court because they would be involved in a long, expensive, draining, reputation tarnishing legal battle that they might not want to partake in. That does not mean they weren't on the right side of the law just because they weren't willing to go through that long arduous process to prove it. But make una continue sha, danfo on top!!!!! danfo has done it!!!! danfo won the legal battle for Barcelona!!!!! Up CE, we have a legal genius in our midst, I hope you will contribute some of that Barca money to the upkeep of CE! :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:49 pm 

False alarm. Nor be the first end of season drama between Messi/Barca/Revenue Service.

The only reason I can think of that God would have put Trump into office was because He ran out of locusts.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:15 am 

Just saw the story about Messi's contract that was leaked to a Spanish newspaper.

€555million for 4yrs is what Messi has been getting :woot:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:18 am 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:02 am 

benteke wrote:
Just saw the story about Messi's contract that was leaked to a Spanish newspaper.

Why is this surprising or even news? this is normal. In non-sporting companies, partners/executives who bring in the most meat, take the most home. Thats a given.

They should leak how much money Messi brings to Barcelona. All the billions he has made them and they think we will shake simply by hearing he made a measly half a billion euros in 4 years?

On a normal day, they are lucky Messi does not even own a large percentage of shares in Barcelona (i'll actually be shocked if he didnt demand that and got it).

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:23 am 

Look at what Messi did vs. Athletic and say he didn't deserve that salary.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:43 am 

Kai some guys get luck oooh,only playing football?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:12 am 

danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:

Why is this surprising or even news? this is normal. In non-sporting companies, partners/executives who bring in the most meat, take the most home. Thats a given.

They should leak how much money Messi brings to Barcelona. All the billions he has made them and they think we will shake simply by hearing he made a measly half a billion euros in 4 years?
:clap: :clap: :clap:

On a normal day, they are lucky Messi does not even own a large percentage of shares in Barcelona (i'll actually be shocked if he didnt demand that and got it).
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap

When the flipflop lands face up and relents from screaming curse like Abigail Williams at the Salem Witch trials, some valid points are raised.

Clearly more to this story. Is the deliberate leak to deter suitors? In this Covid ravaged industry, in Covid ravaged cities, with Covid ensured empty stadia and Covid decreed mass unemployments, can a would be suitor justify such an outlay? Perhaps its to wave the paper under the nose of FFP, to have them beady eye any potential deal?

On the flip side, in a Covid condemned Catalunya, maybe its a show of hands from an establishment looking to justify letting its marquee piece. If the people see the numbers, the diminishing returns in La Liga and Champions League, perhaps they'll abandon the messiah and sanction the move.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:46 am 

Chei, Messi in fine form :D

"When I run after what I think I want, My days are a furnace of distress and anxiety; If I sit in my own place of patience, What I need flows to me, And without any pain. From this I understand that What I want also wants me, Is looking for me And attracting me; When it cannot attract me anymore to go to it, It has to come to me. There is a great secret in this for anyone who can grasp it."- Jalal-al-Din Rumi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:52 pm 

but but they paid him half a billion in four years! It's too much money for someone who can do it all!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:19 pm 

Today Barca vs PSG should be an entertaining game.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:59 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:38 pm 

benteke wrote:

What a shithole club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:29 pm 

benteke wrote:

Serves that Bartomeu character right, he was all the way wrong on this one, breaking promises and then trying to smear Messi for calling him out on it. Glad Messi didn't get suckered into a long drawn-out court battle...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:00 am 

What a disaster he was as a president.

In life when you are strong, its usually whats within, which will bring you down. This guy took Barca down from within! ruined the club on and off the field! :rotf: Their finances are also in tatters!

I wonder where Vincent is these days?

Seems La Puta will return as their president, sha.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:15 am 

danfo driver wrote:
What a disaster he was as a president.

In life when you are strong, its usually whats within, which will bring you down. This guy took Barca down from within! ruined the club on and off the field! :rotf: Their finances are also in tatters!

I wonder where Vincent is these days?

Seems La Puta will return as their president, sha.

Please put a curse so Messi leave and they will never be top in europe again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:58 pm 

Barca re-elect Laporta to clean up the mess

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/07/spor ... ident.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:10 am 

maceo4 wrote:
Barca re-elect Laporta to clean up the mess

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/07/spor ... ident.html

very open secret for a long time. The return of La Puta!

For their own sake, this should also be the end of Ronald Koeman.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:19 pm 

What a performance by Barca at the Anoeta.

Simply brilliant!

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:24 am 

Barrenetxea's goal was all him. :thumbs:
He started it with nice footwork played a 1-2 and finished it off with the best goal of the game. Terstagen had no chance. :thumbs:

Isak was a wastepipe. He should have scored at least 2 goals for Real Sociedad.

Love or hate him, Koeman is starting the renaissance at Barça.
The passing keeps getting better, though the defense still needs work.

"When I run after what I think I want, My days are a furnace of distress and anxiety; If I sit in my own place of patience, What I need flows to me, And without any pain. From this I understand that What I want also wants me, Is looking for me And attracting me; When it cannot attract me anymore to go to it, It has to come to me. There is a great secret in this for anyone who can grasp it."- Jalal-al-Din Rumi

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6