BARCA IN TURMOIL!! Messi declares WAR against Barcelona!!

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Free Transfer: Messi to Man City?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Rawlings wrote:Lionel Messi tells Barcelona by FAX that he wants to LEAVE this summer after holding crunch talks with new boss Ronald Koeman - and he's ready to use disputed clause in his contract which allows him to move for FREE amid interest from Man City
  • Lionel Messi communicated to Barcelona via fax that he wants to leave the club
    The bombshell announcement caused an emergency meeting of the club board
    The 33-year-old wants to terminate his contract and leave on a free transfer
    Manchester City, PSG and Inter Milan are ready to battle it out for his signature
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ummer.html
He's going to Asante kotoko.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: BARCA IN TURMOIL!! Messi declares WAR against Barcelona!

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YUJAM wrote:Barca should sell him. Every good thing comes to an end and this may be an opportunity for them to rebuild
he has a clause whereby he leaves for free
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Messi has to go somewhere else to prove himself. CR7 is the man.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

joplass wrote:Messi has to go somewhere else to prove himself. CR7 is the man.
Huh, what else does he need to prove at club level?
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

txj wrote:There's a possibility that this is designed to force Bartolomeu out.

That rat should've fallen on his sword after the Bayern massacre. Instead he cleverly slated elections for March next year and is hiring coaches and firing players...

He's the worst thing to have happened to Barca in the last decade!
You are on to something. Bartolomeu should have been forced out when Iniesta was leaving.

The new coach is even making a mess. You do not purge a team that is Key competitors for titles; you can make changes but that has to be gradual.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Donzman wrote:Sore loser.

Didn't he retire from Argentina too? :boo: :boo:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pep has been jumping upandan, pumping the air, peeing his panties, and screaming himself hoarse for the last five hours. He is ready to offload everybody from City and just have Messi for £1 billion. :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

jdizzy wrote: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: I an Engineer that has managed a ton of EPC contracts in the O&G sector...I might know a thing or 2 about contracts :) :) If they can prove a connection of the clause expiration date to the season ending (intent), then they might have a case.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Odiegwu!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Cristao II wrote:Lol. He overrates himself. He better stay at Barca. He is no use to anyone else at the level he thinks he should be. Except Juventus and PSG, they like old people there.

The above refers to football. Money wise the Messi brand is another story.
We'll see.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

jdizzy wrote:
YUJAM wrote:For free. What kind of craziness is that? I can see Barca selling him for less (much less) than the release clause. But giving him away for free is probably not OK?
jdizzy wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Barca should sell him. Every good thing comes to an end and this may be an opportunity for them to rebuild
Therein lies the issue. I don't think any club can afford the pay a mad transfer fee on top of the insane wages that Messi will demand so he is seeking to leave for free.
Well he had a "leave for free" clause that officially expired in June - designed to be 10 days after the season was supposed to end. His lawyers are arguing that the season was extended due to Covid so the clause still applies. I am no lawyer but I think he has a strong case and probably wins in court
There are no guarantees but a legal argument could be based on the theory of force majeure - the season was unexpectedly extended by an act of God (covid pandemic) which made enforcement of the original clause impracticable. That said, both parties will likely settle the matter after initial gra gra.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

ohsee wrote:

Pep has been jumping upandan, pumping the air, peeing his panties, and screaming himself hoarse for the last five hours. He is ready to offload everybody from City and just have Messi for £1 billion. :lol:
you jumped off the city bandwagon a few days too early clay.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
YUJAM wrote:For free. What kind of craziness is that? I can see Barca selling him for less (much less) than the release clause. But giving him away for free is probably not OK?
jdizzy wrote:
Therein lies the issue. I don't think any club can afford the pay a mad transfer fee on top of the insane wages that Messi will demand so he is seeking to leave for free.
Well he had a "leave for free" clause that officially expired in June - designed to be 10 days after the season was supposed to end. His lawyers are arguing that the season was extended due to Covid so the clause still applies. I am no lawyer but I think he has a strong case and probably wins in court
There are no guarantees but a legal argument could be based on the theory of force majeure - the season was unexpectedly extended by an act of God (covid pandemic) which made enforcement of the original clause impracticable. That said, both parties will likely settle the matter after initial gra gra.
:rotf: :rotf: I dont think you know how Force Majeure works. Abeg no make me laugh!

The likes of Ryan Fraser didnt find the enforcement of their own contracts impracticable.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:
Messi will not attend the tests this weekend, neither will he train. THE DECISION IS FINAL!
Hola!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

ohsee wrote:

he missed road. Arteta will give Barca Ozil (WC winner) for Messi (WC runner up) and cash. Odiegwu!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Igwe is merely beating his chest. Three children, well settled in Cataluna. New environment? New language? New Covid? This is most likely a power play. ‘Tis said Mazi Koeman issued firm warning about entering the parlour, clearly this was ill received. It would come as no surprise were a further meeting to be called in which Mazi was made to prostrate and mutter ancestral enchantments into the ground, raising his head only when instructed. Failing that, a resignation would not be too far fetched.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

In other news, Daley Blind’s ICD is said to have delivered a shock yesterday, resulting in a successful cardioversion. In other words, but for the device, it’s very possible football could’ve been waking up to a genuine tragedy. Best wishes to the lad. Strange times.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Does his contract specify every June or simply the end of the season?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:Does his contract specify every June or simply the end of the season?
The speculation is that a specific date of June 10, 2020 was entered into that contract.

Who knows? one can only tell if we were privy to the contract.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

well Man united should never go for him, he would destroy the wage structure unless he is appointed player manager and get rid of OGS lol
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

With all due respect to the, once upon a time Igwe Inglan’, Messi is too big a player for present day Man United. That being said, Triple Chief, Quadruple Ogbuefi Leo Obumnemessi is going nowhere.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote:With all due respect to the, once upon a time Igwe Inglan’, Messi is too big a player for present day Man United. That being said, Triple Chief, Quadruple Ogbuefi Leo Obumnemessi is going nowhere.
Na you even take your time respond to Mental Marko :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

King Futcha wrote:
ohsee wrote:

you jumped off the city bandwagon a few days too early clay.
:D :taunt:
Look at this fatuous Futcha Frazier the football fumfooler :lol: I watch the top EPL teams, and I supported City to win the league when they were competing with the hated Man United. I was a big fan of the great Vincent Kompany, and the greater Yaya Toure. Now that they are both gone, I only watch City when they play Liverpool. So shattap ya mout Clarus. :D :taunt: I will never, never, never, ever support City if they waste their money on the washed up Messian who messed up in THREE straight major tournament finals where he could not buy a goal because he was not surrounded by world class Barca players. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :D :D
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: I dont think you know how Force Majeure works. Abeg no make me laugh!

The likes of Ryan Fraser didnt find the enforcement of their own contracts impracticable.
I know how negotiations work given that 90% of my line of work. My application is a bit of a stretch but it provides a legal angle or platform to work out an amicable split. Whether you will win in court or not is not as important as the other party understanding the financial value of the risk of loss. Bottom line is you don't always need to have every element of a legal theory in place in order to hammer out a settlement so long you push the proper pressure points. But it always starts with a legal theory (or more) as the foundation.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Does his contract specify every June or simply the end of the season?
The speculation is that a specific date of June 10, 2020 was entered into that contract.

Who knows? one can only tell if we were privy to the contract.

Was Barca's intent when they signed the contract, that Messi be allowed to cancel his contract before conclusion of all 38 games? June 10 was merely based on the assumption that the league will end in May - without any reasonable expectation of a pandemic induced disruption given the last one was over 100 years ago in 1918.

Barca always chases the league and CL. Both normally end in May but due to pandemic, the last game ended in mid to late August. Given the June 10 deadline represents a 3 weeks (or so) notification period, extending that 3 weeks after braca's loss to Munich, will show that Messi is well within the notification period. Why? Because it is impractical to expect Messi to walk away from Barca on June 10 with both La Liga & CL titles hanging in the balance due to the unexpected covid-19 extended timeframe.