Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:06 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 50304
jdizzy wrote:
joplass wrote:
Messi has to go somewhere else to prove himself. CR7 is the man.

Huh, what else does he need to prove at club level?
...that he, the midget, can play and win at other clubs other than Barca.
If he leaves, he can only succeed under a coach that know how to use him, and that is Pep.
But it will be rough at epl for him, those lower level side don't roll over easily like other leagues.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30934
LaLiga: Messi's clause is in force and he will have to pay

Quote:
The message in the wording:

“With regard to the different interpretations (some of which are contradicting) published in various media over the last few days relating to the contractual situation of the player Lionel Andrés Messi at FC Barcelona, ​​LaLiga considers it appropriate to do the following after the Verification of player contract to explain:

► The contract is currently valid and contains a “termination clause” that is applicable in the event that Lionel Andrés Messi decides to terminate the contract unilaterally. It was closed in accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1006/1985 of June 26th, which regulates the special employment relationship of professional athletes.

► In accordance with the applicable regulations and following the appropriate procedure in these cases, LaLiga will not carry out the prior visa procedure for the player to be removed from the association if he has not previously paid the amount of this clause. "

According to LaLiga, the contract is valid and Messi would have to pay the 700 million euros if he wants to be de-registered with the association.



https://sportbild.bild.de/

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 15775

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 15775
txj wrote:
LaLiga: Messi's clause is in force and he will have to pay

Quote:
The message in the wording:

“With regard to the different interpretations (some of which are contradicting) published in various media over the last few days relating to the contractual situation of the player Lionel Andrés Messi at FC Barcelona, ​​LaLiga considers it appropriate to do the following after the Verification of player contract to explain:

► The contract is currently valid and contains a “termination clause” that is applicable in the event that Lionel Andrés Messi decides to terminate the contract unilaterally. It was closed in accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1006/1985 of June 26th, which regulates the special employment relationship of professional athletes.

► In accordance with the applicable regulations and following the appropriate procedure in these cases, LaLiga will not carry out the prior visa procedure for the player to be removed from the association if he has not previously paid the amount of this clause. "

According to LaLiga, the contract is valid and Messi would have to pay the 700 million euros if he wants to be de-registered with the association.



https://sportbild.bild.de/


Hmm.. but Mess's lawyers are drafting a brief to explain the intricacies of force majeure. But but but the journalist, Graham Hunter who is best known for having a weird accent said bla bla bla. :oops: but but but.. La Liga's lawyers do not know that force majeure is applicable here... but but but I have drafted many demand letters in my career and gotten large sums of money for my clients. :lol: :lol:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 15775
On a side note, La Liga's position doesn't necessarily speak on the present validity of the publicly-referred-to June 10, clause. It just shows you the mountain Messi has to climb. As I expected, La Liga has taken Barcelona's side, as this whole case could completely dismantle La Liga, as it is presently known.

Messi now has to get a court to rescind the contract AND ALSO force La Liga to de-register him, if the buyer does not pay his release clause. Either that two-prong, or he simply gets Man City to pay the clause + VAT! O pa ri o!

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:53 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 45632
Location: Akoko Highlands
Very Messy. 700M?

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

[img];;http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:01 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Posts: 39644
danfo driver wrote:
On a side note, La Liga's position doesn't necessarily speak on the present validity of the publicly-referred-to June 10, clause. It just shows you the mountain Messi has to climb. As I expected, La Liga has taken Barcelona's side, as this whole case could completely dismantle La Liga, as it is presently known.

Messi now has to get a court to rescind the contract AND ALSO force La Liga to de-register him, if the buyer does not pay his release clause. Either that two-prong, or he simply gets Man City to pay the clause + VAT! O pa ri o!


If LaLiga will get a cut of the 700m then you know where they will side :)

Money speaks

_________________
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:43 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 6279
wanaj0 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
On a side note, La Liga's position doesn't necessarily speak on the present validity of the publicly-referred-to June 10, clause. It just shows you the mountain Messi has to climb. As I expected, La Liga has taken Barcelona's side, as this whole case could completely dismantle La Liga, as it is presently known.

Messi now has to get a court to rescind the contract AND ALSO force La Liga to de-register him, if the buyer does not pay his release clause. Either that two-prong, or he simply gets Man City to pay the clause + VAT! O pa ri o!


If LaLiga will get a cut of the 700m then you know where they will side :)

Money speaks


They make more with Messi in the League than out of it, what does it mean if in the past four seasons, Ronaldo, Neymar and now Messi have all left their league?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:50 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Posts: 39644
kalani JR wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
On a side note, La Liga's position doesn't necessarily speak on the present validity of the publicly-referred-to June 10, clause. It just shows you the mountain Messi has to climb. As I expected, La Liga has taken Barcelona's side, as this whole case could completely dismantle La Liga, as it is presently known.

Messi now has to get a court to rescind the contract AND ALSO force La Liga to de-register him, if the buyer does not pay his release clause. Either that two-prong, or he simply gets Man City to pay the clause + VAT! O pa ri o!


If LaLiga will get a cut of the 700m then you know where they will side :)

Money speaks


They make more with Messi in the League than out of it, what does it mean if in the past four seasons, Ronaldo, Neymar and now Messi have all left their league?


Maybe the 'tax' issue is driving 'stars' away.

_________________
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:33 am
Posts: 4742
Location: Embedded with the nomads in the Sahara
If push comes to shove, I hope Messi gives Barcq/La Liga the middle finger and retires for 1 season.

_________________
Niente Ÿ impossibile!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 15775
jdizzy wrote:
If push comes to shove, I hope Messi gives Barcq/La Liga the middle finger and retires for 1 season.


Sure, he can. After he has put his middle finger down, he will pay Barca damages. By the time they are done calculating the damages, no one will tell Messi to wear his cloth and come back to training. :lol:

You think this is Nigeria were you can walk out on a contract and nothing will happen because your father is a Commissioner? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:33 am
Posts: 4742
Location: Embedded with the nomads in the Sahara
danfo driver wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
If push comes to shove, I hope Messi gives Barcq/La Liga the middle finger and retires for 1 season.


Sure, he can. After he has put his middle finger down, he will pay Barca damages. By the time they are done calculating the damages, no one will tell Messi to wear his cloth and come back to training. :lol:

You think this is Nigeria were you can walk out on a contract and nothing will happen because your father is a Commissioner? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


What damages?? A player isn't allowed to retire early anymore and forgo his salary?

_________________
Niente Ÿ impossibile!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 15775
jdizzy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
If push comes to shove, I hope Messi gives Barcq/La Liga the middle finger and retires for 1 season.


Sure, he can. After he has put his middle finger down, he will pay Barca damages. By the time they are done calculating the damages, no one will tell Messi to wear his cloth and come back to training. :lol:

You think this is Nigeria were you can walk out on a contract and nothing will happen because your father is a Commissioner? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


What damages?? A player isn't allowed to retire early anymore and forgo his salary?


:lol: You are NOT allowed to walk out on a contract.

You should google "legal damages" for more information. Messi has playing and non-playing obligations, which he MUST perform.

You think this is all about salary??? Messi will be required to pay Barca the balance of the contract; (2) Barca will also estimate how much they would have made under this image rights for the remainder of the contract; (3) Then every single obligation which would have brought Barca money for the remainder of the contract will be listed and Messi will be required to pay that to Barca; and (4) third-party obligations, as well.

There are many other things which will be required, and which I haven't provided here.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 31260
jdizzy wrote:
If push comes to shove, I hope Messi gives Barcq/La Liga the middle finger and retires for 1 season.


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:28 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 30974
City 4/5 on to land the extraterrestrial. With the eyes of the falling aristocracy set upon the Mesopotamians, one wonders how possible a transfer is. €100M perhaps, plus Cancelo and Eric Garcia, deal clinchers. Throw wages into the mix and the numbers become other worldly, surprise surprise. How City sneak this one under the noses of FFP, only the Sheikh knows.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 7704
Coach wrote:
City 4/5 on to land the extraterrestrial. With the eyes of the falling aristocracy set upon the Mesopotamians, one wonders how possible a transfer is. €100M perhaps, plus Cancelo and Eric Garcia, deal clinchers. Throw wages into the mix and the numbers become other worldly, surprise surprise. How City sneak this one under the noses of FFP, only the Sheikh knows.



Is anyone here a subscriber of The Athletic online sports publication.
Here is an interesting link that we might need sharing.

How Manchester City could afford Messi without breaking FFP rules
https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathleti ... ffp/%3famp

But there's a lot of stuff being written out there on he chances of Messi ending up at City.

Some say it will take to be on a free transfer


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 87442
Location: Earth
benteke wrote:
Coach wrote:
City 4/5 on to land the extraterrestrial. With the eyes of the falling aristocracy set upon the Mesopotamians, one wonders how possible a transfer is. €100M perhaps, plus Cancelo and Eric Garcia, deal clinchers. Throw wages into the mix and the numbers become other worldly, surprise surprise. How City sneak this one under the noses of FFP, only the Sheikh knows.



Is anyone here a subscriber of The Athletic online sports publication.
Here is an interesting link that we might need sharing.

How Manchester City could afford Messi without breaking FFP rules
https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathleti ... ffp/%3famp

But there's a lot of stuff being written out there on he chances of Messi ending up at City.

Some say it will take to be on a free transfer

FFP rules have been relaxed this season, due to covid

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:25 pm
Posts: 1172
Location: Earth
Lionel Messi's incredible Manchester City contract detailed as Barcelona superstar picks Pep Guardiola reunion for next move

The Argetinine legend is desperate to leave the Nou Camp and has agreed a five-year contract with the owners of Manchester City.

Share

ByDuncan Castles

17:59, 1 SEP 2020Updated18:58, 1 SEP 2020

Lionel Messi's decision to quit Barcelona for Manchester City is to be rewarded with a contract that will cement the multiple Ballon d'Or winner's status as the highest-paid individual in the history of the sport.

Record Sport understands that Messi has agreed financial terms worth €700million (currently £623m) over the course of five years in the employ of City Football Group, the Premier League club's holding company.

Messi - who on Sunday underlined last week's unilateral recision of the final year of his Barcelona contract by failing to report for mandatory COVID testing at the club – is expected to spend three seasons at Manchester City before moving to CFG's Major League Soccer franchise New York City FC.

The deal allows the group's Abu Dhabi ownership to employ the footballer they have coveted above all others since buying into European football 12 years ago at CFG's two most prominent clubs, with a degree of flexibility retained over the exact timing of Messi's cross-Atlantic switch.

According to a source familiar with the negotiations, Messi has been offered an equity stake in CFG as part of his compensation package.

However, there are complications involved in the valuation of shares in a sports company that City stated was worth a heady $4.8billion upon announcing a $500m equity investment from a US tech company last year. The Argentina international may ultimately prefer to be remunerated in cash.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foo ... y-22613144


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 31260
They still havent mentioned how much they will pay Barcelona.

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:52 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 6279
se queda?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 15775

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 21794
Location: Cyberspace
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... out-clause

Lionel Messi confirms he will stay at Barcelona 'to avoid legal dispute'
Argentina forward reverses decision to leave Camp Nou
‘The management of the club led by Bartomeu is a disaster’


Lionel Messi has confirmed he will remain at Barcelona for another season having previously stated his intention to leave the club on a free transfer.

In an interview with Goal.com on Friday, the Argentina forward said: “I wasn’t happy and I wanted to leave. I have not been allowed this in any way and I will stay at the club so as not to get into a legal dispute. The management of the club led by Bartomeu is a disaster.”

Messi, whose camp believed that a clause in his contract meant he could walk away for no fee, added: “There was another way (out) and it was to go to trial. I would never go to court against Barca because it is the club that I love. Barça gave me everything and I gave it everything. I know that it never crossed my mind to take Barça to court.”

Earlier, Messi’s father and representative Jorge revealed the contents of a letter he had written to the Spanish league to reiterate that he is not obliged to pay his €700m buyout clause in order to unilaterally depart Barcelona this summer. The league immediately replied by reiterating their position, describing Messi Sr’s claims of lacking context and going against the wording of the contract.

_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 15775
O ma se o! I guess his lawyers do not know how Force Majeure works. Who can we get to walk them through the intricacies of this legal doctrine? Who amongst us has made a lot of money writing demand letters? :D



Scipio Africanus wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/sep/04/lionel-messis-father-la-liga-has-made-clear-error-over-700m-buyout-clause

Lionel Messi confirms he will stay at Barcelona 'to avoid legal dispute'
Argentina forward reverses decision to leave Camp Nou
‘The management of the club led by Bartomeu is a disaster’


Lionel Messi has confirmed he will remain at Barcelona for another season having previously stated his intention to leave the club on a free transfer.

In an interview with Goal.com on Friday, the Argentina forward said: “I wasn’t happy and I wanted to leave. I have not been allowed this in any way and I will stay at the club so as not to get into a legal dispute. The management of the club led by Bartomeu is a disaster.”

Messi, whose camp believed that a clause in his contract meant he could walk away for no fee, added: “There was another way (out) and it was to go to trial. I would never go to court against Barca because it is the club that I love. Barça gave me everything and I gave it everything. I know that it never crossed my mind to take Barça to court.”

Earlier, Messi’s father and representative Jorge revealed the contents of a letter he had written to the Spanish league to reiterate that he is not obliged to pay his €700m buyout clause in order to unilaterally depart Barcelona this summer. The league immediately replied by reiterating their position, describing Messi Sr’s claims of lacking context and going against the wording of the contract.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Coach, uglyoneiamagain and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group