Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:01 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: The Americans are coming
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 88393
Location: Earth
Of late a lot of homeboys are getting deals and playing for top European clubs. I think naija should take a look and see if we can learn how this is happening so quickly. .I am very impressed. I saw the texas boy debut for Juve and boy did he impress

playing for Chelsea, Juventus, Borussia Dortmund, RB Leipzig and, as of Wednesday, Barcelona.

The oldest of them, Juve’s midfield metronome Weston McKennie, turned 22 less than a month ago. Chelsea winger Christian Pulisic is three weeks younger. Midfielder Tyler Adams, whose goal put Leipzig into the Champions League semifinals last season, is 21. Attacking midfielder Gio Reyna, who has begun earning significant playing time at Dortmund, doesn’t turn 18 until November.

Wing back Sergiño Dest is 19, and now reportedly the latest member of the club of Americans at Europe’s elite teams upon his agreement to sign with Barcelona from Ajax. He might be joined in the Catalan first team by Miami native Konrad de la Fuente, a 19-year-old winger threatening to play his way into a senior debut.

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 38350
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Of late a lot of homeboys are getting deals and playing for top European clubs. I think naija should take a look and see if we can learn how this is happening so quickly. .I am very impressed. I saw the texas boy debut for Juve and boy did he impress

playing for Chelsea, Juventus, Borussia Dortmund, RB Leipzig and, as of Wednesday, Barcelona.

The oldest of them, Juve’s midfield metronome Weston McKennie, turned 22 less than a month ago. Chelsea winger Christian Pulisic is three weeks younger. Midfielder Tyler Adams, whose goal put Leipzig into the Champions League semifinals last season, is 21. Attacking midfielder Gio Reyna, who has begun earning significant playing time at Dortmund, doesn’t turn 18 until November.

Wing back Sergiño Dest is 19, and now reportedly the latest member of the club of Americans at Europe’s elite teams upon his agreement to sign with Barcelona from Ajax. He might be joined in the Catalan first team by Miami native Konrad de la Fuente, a 19-year-old winger threatening to play his way into a senior debut.

If they were from Naija or Africa they will not be all over big clubs because of their back ground and agents.
You need to be extra good even likes of Salah,Mane Auba at that early ages were better but start from small small clubs.
Dangote or another rich Africa should look at a club like Leeds and buy now it will be cheaper and turn them to be the new Man City


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 88393
Location: Earth
kajifu wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Of late a lot of homeboys are getting deals and playing for top European clubs. I think naija should take a look and see if we can learn how this is happening so quickly. .I am very impressed. I saw the texas boy debut for Juve and boy did he impress

playing for Chelsea, Juventus, Borussia Dortmund, RB Leipzig and, as of Wednesday, Barcelona.

The oldest of them, Juve’s midfield metronome Weston McKennie, turned 22 less than a month ago. Chelsea winger Christian Pulisic is three weeks younger. Midfielder Tyler Adams, whose goal put Leipzig into the Champions League semifinals last season, is 21. Attacking midfielder Gio Reyna, who has begun earning significant playing time at Dortmund, doesn’t turn 18 until November.

Wing back Sergiño Dest is 19, and now reportedly the latest member of the club of Americans at Europe’s elite teams upon his agreement to sign with Barcelona from Ajax. He might be joined in the Catalan first team by Miami native Konrad de la Fuente, a 19-year-old winger threatening to play his way into a senior debut.

If they were from Naija or Africa they will not be all over big clubs because of their back ground and agents.
You need to be extra good even likes of Salah,Mane Auba at that early ages were better but start from small small clubs.
Dangote or another rich Africa should look at a club like Leeds and buy now it will be cheaper and turn them to be the new Man City

Leeds is owned by a younger Italian Business man

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 38350
Bigpokey24 wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Of late a lot of homeboys are getting deals and playing for top European clubs. I think naija should take a look and see if we can learn how this is happening so quickly. .I am very impressed. I saw the texas boy debut for Juve and boy did he impress

playing for Chelsea, Juventus, Borussia Dortmund, RB Leipzig and, as of Wednesday, Barcelona.

The oldest of them, Juve’s midfield metronome Weston McKennie, turned 22 less than a month ago. Chelsea winger Christian Pulisic is three weeks younger. Midfielder Tyler Adams, whose goal put Leipzig into the Champions League semifinals last season, is 21. Attacking midfielder Gio Reyna, who has begun earning significant playing time at Dortmund, doesn’t turn 18 until November.

Wing back Sergiño Dest is 19, and now reportedly the latest member of the club of Americans at Europe’s elite teams upon his agreement to sign with Barcelona from Ajax. He might be joined in the Catalan first team by Miami native Konrad de la Fuente, a 19-year-old winger threatening to play his way into a senior debut.

If they were from Naija or Africa they will not be all over big clubs because of their back ground and agents.
You need to be extra good even likes of Salah,Mane Auba at that early ages were better but start from small small clubs.
Dangote or another rich Africa should look at a club like Leeds and buy now it will be cheaper and turn them to be the new Man City

Leeds is owned by a younger Italian Business man

Our man can fool him sell it or go look for a club and buy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:54 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 63543
It is cyclical. Nigeria is over achieving. inspite of poor local facilities we are still churning out exceptional talents. Makes you wonder what we can do if we have the same facilities in the US.

Just a few years ago Nigeria had players signing with Arsenal, Man city and etc.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 50715
ohenhen1 wrote:
It is cyclical. Nigeria is over achieving. inspite of poor local facilities we are still churning out exceptional talents. Makes you wonder what we can do if we have the same facilities in the US.

Just a few years ago Nigeria had players signing with Arsenal, Man city and etc.
...why can't we have same facilities as in the US? In this age it doesn't take rocket science to have and operate them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:39 am
Posts: 14674
Location: Houston, Texas.
Where is bret hart? I don't believe the hype until bret give us his take on these American boys!

_________________
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 31185
Because Nigeria is a failed business venture. How one can look at the set up in the US, in a sport that is jostling for recognition and ask why, in regard to Nigeria’s tomfoolery with, arguably, a national sport, is ludicrous. Nigeria is quintessentially Nigerian with everything it does. Take a look a AFC Fylde’s stadium, fourth tier in the English pyramid and compare it with Nigeria’s national arenas. Our is not for comparison with the production lines in the US, rather the sweatshops in Bangladesh and Mumbai. How’s the NPL these days?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Posts: 25293
Location: your girls place
Aside from Pulisic and Dest the rest are overrated..And lets not forget these Euro teams are buying American players so their clubs can tap into the American market unlike African born players that have to work their way up from the bottom. Look at how Tolu Arokodare went from Latvia to FC Koln meanwhile that useless Josh Sergent or Josh Copral went straight into Weder Breman. We all know who is the better striker. Same goes for Gio Reyna. There nothing special about that kid just like his daddy Claudio.

_________________
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Posts: 25293
Location: your girls place
Undertaker wrote:
Where is bret hart? I don't believe the hype until bret give us his take on these American boys!



Dont believe in the hype. Just sucks that i have to watch Bundesliga and EPL with American and British commentators inserting their over hyped players into the conversation.

_________________
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:37 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:20 am
Posts: 21809
Location: Chiraq
bret- hart wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
Where is bret hart? I don't believe the hype until bret give us his take on these American boys!



Dont believe in the hype. Just sucks that i have to watch Bundesliga and EPL with American and British commentators inserting their over hyped players into the conversation.


you should be streaming games from the public library.

_________________
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:43 pm
Posts: 6035
kajifu wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Of late a lot of homeboys are getting deals and playing for top European clubs. I think naija should take a look and see if we can learn how this is happening so quickly. .I am very impressed. I saw the texas boy debut for Juve and boy did he impress

playing for Chelsea, Juventus, Borussia Dortmund, RB Leipzig and, as of Wednesday, Barcelona.

The oldest of them, Juve’s midfield metronome Weston McKennie, turned 22 less than a month ago. Chelsea winger Christian Pulisic is three weeks younger. Midfielder Tyler Adams, whose goal put Leipzig into the Champions League semifinals last season, is 21. Attacking midfielder Gio Reyna, who has begun earning significant playing time at Dortmund, doesn’t turn 18 until November.

Wing back Sergiño Dest is 19, and now reportedly the latest member of the club of Americans at Europe’s elite teams upon his agreement to sign with Barcelona from Ajax. He might be joined in the Catalan first team by Miami native Konrad de la Fuente, a 19-year-old winger threatening to play his way into a senior debut.

If they were from Naija or Africa they will not be all over big clubs because of their back ground and agents.
You need to be extra good even likes of Salah,Mane Auba at that early ages were better but start from small small clubs.
Dangote or another rich Africa should look at a club like Leeds and buy now it will be cheaper and turn them to be the new Man City



OK, BUT...


...what about just investing within Nigeria and improving the domestic league and youth development programs so these players don't have to depend on foreign leagues for validation? Why look outside the country?
Bell

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 88393
Location: Earth
Quote:

Ajax right-back Sergino Dest is having a medical at Barcelona before signing for a reported 20m euros (£18m).

The 19-year-old came through the Ajax academy and broke into the Dutch champions' first team in 2019.

Dest was born in the Netherlands but has represented the United States at youth and senior level.

"Sergino is doing his medical, he still needs to sign contracts but it seems almost certain that he will sign," Barcelona manager Ronald Koeman sai
d.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54355872

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 88393
Location: Earth
Image

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:33 am
Posts: 4809
Location: Embedded with the nomads in the Sahara
Add Chris Richards to the list...starting for Bayern at RB today

_________________
Niente Ÿ impossibile!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group