BREAKING NEWS.... SAKA CALLED UP BY ENGLAND!

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BREAKING NEWS.... SAKA CALLED UP BY ENGLAND!

Post by danfo driver »

Once again, I ask-- have you spoken to Adarabioyo :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
He accepted England and rejected Nigeria. Was Nigeria not interested in him? Did he accept Nigeria?
Again this is false. Nigeria did not invite him. How would he have rejected Nigeria? Was an offer made to him by Nigeria?
If you feel that I have got the rules wrong go and complain. You certainly know the complaints procedure :D :D :D
I complain when its necessary and as you remember the last time, I took you to task and humiliated you.

What I do want you to see though is to look at your post and feel ashamed of who you are and who you have become. The funny part of life is that you are probably one of those Nigerians who cry and cry because of oppressive and "i dont care" actions of the government. However, you are no different. Look at your attitude? For a moderator position of a website? :lol: and you are unagreeable, arrogant and a very poor leader with zero empathy? Just imagine if you had real authority? A governor? or President? Just imagine who you will become? You think you are doing me? :lol: :lol: LOL bro, you are doing yourself!
What are you talking about?
He has 'rejected' Nigeria. Simple.
Does he have to write a 'Letter of Rejection' on Facebook for you to recognise that?

He has been a 'person of interest' to Nigerian football for a while now and it is perfectly reasonable to discuss his matter at length here as has been done.

Eagles Nest asks you to "discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here."
It doesn't limit you to discussing only Eagles-eligible players, otherwise we wouldn't be chatting about the Real Madrid Academy or Nike or even your good friend Tunde Adlakun for that matter.

You don't need to be so anal about these things.
Jeez.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

cchinukw wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:It's an insult to our intelligence to call this "Breaking news". Its breaking about it? Sakamoto been an England player all his life. The fact that they call him for their top team is breaking news? Gtfoh! :roll:
What did you expect? To reap where you didn't sow?
EXCELLENT POINT

Instead of flying to Europe "to reap where you didn't sow", why not look closer home? Like in Northern Nigeria which is more than 50% of Nigeria's population and yet is vastly underrepresented in the SE to the point of being irrelevant. A little investment in Naira and time there and I'm sure they can come out with players that would improve the SE depth or that are outright stars. But you said it, they prefer to reap where they didn't sow.
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ax me once more again...
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
danfo driver wrote:Once again, I ask-- have you spoken to Adarabioyo :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
He accepted England and rejected Nigeria. Was Nigeria not interested in him? Did he accept Nigeria?
Again this is false. Nigeria did not invite him. How would he have rejected Nigeria? Was an offer made to him by Nigeria?
If you feel that I have got the rules wrong go and complain. You certainly know the complaints procedure :D :D :D
I complain when its necessary and as you remember the last time, I took you to task and humiliated you.

What I do want you to see though is to look at your post and feel ashamed of who you are and who you have become. The funny part of life is that you are probably one of those Nigerians who cry and cry because of oppressive and "i dont care" actions of the government. However, you are no different. Look at your attitude? For a moderator position of a website? :lol: and you are unagreeable, arrogant and a very poor leader with zero empathy? Just imagine if you had real authority? A governor? or President? Just imagine who you will become? You think you are doing me? :lol: :lol: LOL bro, you are doing yourself!
What are you talking about?
He has 'rejected' Nigeria. Simple.
Does he have to write a 'Letter of Rejection' on Facebook for you to recognise that?

He has been a 'person of interest' to Nigerian football for a while now and it is perfectly reasonable to discuss his matter at length here as has been done.

Eagles Nest asks you to "discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here."
It doesn't limit you to discussing only Eagles-eligible players, otherwise we wouldn't be chatting about the Real Madrid Academy or Nike or even your good friend Tunde Adlakun for that matter.

You don't need to be so anal about these things.
Jeez.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Even Ebere won’t be easy.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Coach wrote:Even Ebere won’t be easy.
With the new European Nations League,England can afford to cap players more regularly so it’s possible he could be capped for England within a year.He is probably going to wait for his chance to play for England.If Nigeria is going to hope to cap such players they’ll need to see if England overlooks them way into their 20s.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

he was born in Greenford, his dad was born in London as well, what exactly is the issue??
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

marko wrote:he was born in Greenford, his dad was born in London as well, what exactly is the issue??
The issue is that fans of any country he is eligible for will naturally be excited. All of you who talking about him being born in England do not realise that he is Nigerian until he renounces his citizenship. Again if he commits a serious crime, he can lose his British citizenship and be deported to Nigeria.

Most people wish him well but are dissapointed as fans.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

aruako1 wrote:
marko wrote:he was born in Greenford, his dad was born in London as well, what exactly is the issue??
The issue is that fans of any country he is eligible for will naturally be excited. All of you who talking about him being born in England do not realise that he is Nigerian until he renounces his citizenship. Again if he commits a serious crime, he can lose his British citizenship and be deported to Nigeria.

how can he be deported to Nigeria? that is utter nonsense, he might be denied a UK passport , exactly what happened to the British girl that went to fight for ISIS, she was denied entry back in to the UK, not deported to another country, yes he is black, yes his origins is Nigeria but the fact remains, he is British and will certainly play for England and yes he is more than a decent good player
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

marko wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

how can he be deported to Nigeria? that is utter nonsense, he might be denied a UK passport , exactly what happened to the British girl that went to fight for ISIS, she was denied entry back in to the UK, not deported to another country, yes he is black, yes his origins is Nigeria but the fact remains, he is British and will certainly play for England and yes he is more than a decent good player
It is not nonsense. Some of the Rotherham rapists were stripped of their UK citizenship and face deportation-
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ng-members. Nobody has argued with you that he is British - he is. He is also a Nigerian citizen - that is why Nigerians wanted him to play for Nigeria. The fact that he was born in Greenwich doesn't change the fact of his Nigerian citizenship.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

aruako1 wrote:

You do know that there are a lot of British born people of Nigerian parentage who don’t have a green passport (and never applied) so they are not even Nigerian citizens!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

aruako1 wrote:
marko wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

It is not nonsense. Some of the Rotherham rapists were stripped of their UK citizenship and face deportation-
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ng-members. Nobody has argued with you that he is British - he is. He is also a Nigerian citizen - that is why Nigerians wanted him to play for Nigeria. The fact that he was born in Greenwich doesn't change the fact of his Nigerian citizenship.
He is not a nigerian citizen by any chance! He does not have a Nigerian passport and he was born in Ealing! Went to school in Greenford if i can add it

Marko
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

aruako1 wrote:
marko wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

Don’t think we can assume he’s a Nigerian citizen, he has Nigerian heritage so if he did choose to play for us we would then fast track him to become a Nigerian citizen and then submit a switch application.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

maceo4 wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
marko wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

Don’t think we can assume he’s a Nigerian citizen, he has Nigerian heritage so if he did choose to play for us we would then fast track him to become a Nigerian citizen and then submit a switch application.

I know 100% he has not a Nigerian passport, his dad has both though, he was always going to play for England having come through the ranks

Marko
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

maceo4 wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
marko wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

He is a Nigerian citizen until he renounces his citizen. His parents are Nigerian. He is a Nigerian citizen from birth. It is a fact, not an assumption. A nationality switch was necessary only because he had played competitively for England. However, even now he is still a Nigerian citizen unless he has renounced his citizenship.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

You do know that there are a lot of British born people of Nigerian parentage who don’t have a green passport (and never applied) so they are not even Nigerian citizens!
Many citizens do not have passports. A passport is merely a document that allows you to travel. It is one of the ways to prove citizenship but the absence of a passport does not mean that one is not a citizen. Millions of Britons and Americans do not have passports. Millions of Nigerians in Nigeria do not have passports.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

marko wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
marko wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

He is not a nigerian citizen by any chance! He does not have a Nigerian passport and he was born in Ealing! Went to school in Greenford if i can add it
He is a Nigerian citizen by birth due to his parent's nationality. Boris Johnson never held an American passport but was an American citizen until he renounced his citizenship.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

For those who are arguing blindly
Nigerian Constitution Section 25

25. 1. The following persons are citizens of Nigeria by birth namely -
a.every person born in Nigeria before the date of independence, either of
whose parents or any of whose grandparents belongs or belonged to a
community indigenous to Nigeria: Provided that a person shall not become
a citizen of Nigeria by virtue of this section if neither of his parents nor any
of his grandparents was born in Nigeria;
b. every person born in Nigeria after the date of independence either of
whose parents or any of whose grandparents is a citizen of Nigeria; and
c. every person born outside Nigeria either of whose parents is a citizen of
Nigeria.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

aruako1 wrote:
marko wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
marko wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

He is a Nigerian citizen by birth due to his parent's nationality. Boris Johnson never held an American passport but was an American citizen until he renounced his citizenship.
Aruako1, th main point is that professionally, the lad has moved on.

We shouldn't feel pained as Nigeria made no investment in him. England like any other land where Africans have settled deserve the pick of it's best talent. In this case, England have done well to recognise that this is an elite player they can't ignore.

I personally have no hard feelings. It would have been a different case I'd we had no Gareth Southgate wey nor send when it comes to racial representation and diversity in the England squad.

As long as he is in charge of the Englad squad, we should get used to hearing more bitterness like this o.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

In Nigeria's case, you don't need a green passport to be a citizen. The kid is a Nigerian and English citizen. Don't understand why there is an argument about his citizenship.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Cristao II wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

In Nigeria's case, you don't need a green passport to be a citizen. The kid is a Nigerian and English citizen. Don't understand why there is an argument about his citizenship.
Not really arguing, yes he can claim Nigerian nationality due to his parents, facts! he is British and has represented England in several youth tournaments, facts, he is a good player, its only natural he represents England at senior level, facts!

Marko
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

marko wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

Not really arguing, yes he can claim Nigerian nationality due to his parents, facts! he is British and has represented England in several youth tournaments, facts, he is a good player, its only natural he represents England at senior level, facts!
It is not that he can claim. He is a Nigerian citizen by birth. Even the President can't take that from him unless he is a traitor.

On England vs Nigeria, I can understand both sides. I have no problem with his supporting England. I wish him the best with his career.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

cchinukw wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
marko wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
marko wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

Aruako1, th main point is that professionally, the lad has moved on.

We shouldn't feel pained as Nigeria made no investment in him. England like any other land where Africans have settled deserve the pick of it's best talent. In this case, England have done well to recognise that this is an elite player they can't ignore.

I personally have no hard feelings. It would have been a different case I'd we had no Gareth Southgate wey nor send when it comes to racial representation and diversity in the England squad.

As long as he is in charge of the Englad squad, we should get used to hearing more bitterness like this o.
I agree. I have always stated that we should focus on the talents at home. Of course if a foreign born or raised talent comes up and wants to play for us we can consider the person.

I was only responding to incorrect claims the he is not Nigerian