Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:14 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 15722
Marvin Park made his debut for Real Madrid tonight in their 2-0 win over Huesca.

Here's more information on him:

Quote:
The big team news for Real Madrid’s game against Getafe in La Liga tonight is midfielder Marvin Park being handed his first senior start for the club.

The 20-year-old’s full name is Marvin Olawale Akinlabi Park and he was born in Palma de Mallorca to a Nigerian father and South Korean mother.

He played for five different youth sides in the Balearic Islands and also spent three years of his youth career at English club Tranmere Rovers, due to his parents moving to the UK for work purposes, before he joined Madrid in 2016, and is now front and centre of Real Madrid news.

Alvaro Benito, who coached him at Juvenil C level for Madrid has said of Park, as per Marca: “He is a footballer with sprinter’s feet. Marvin is one of the fastest players I have ever seen.

“For his logical evolution, perhaps as a winger he may not have enough resources to be able to stand out in professional football but if he acquires defensive concepts, he can be an excellent wideman and better coming from deep with an open pitch.”

Park has actually featured twice in the division already this season for Los Blancos but both as substitute appearances – in the opening day draw at Real Sociedad and during Saturday’s win at Huesca, but this is his first start.

Last season he played a prominent role in the UEFA Youth League as he scored a goal in the quarter finals, made two assists in the semi-finals, and provided one more in the final.


https://www.football-espana.net/2021/02 ... eal-madrid


I didn't see the game but he received a solid 7.1 rating for his performance. on whoscored.com

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2021
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 20271
He declared for Korea.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 8930
He wasn’t born in Nigeria and didn’t declare for Nigeria so, he’s not a Nigerian; at least until he switches to Nigeria❗️


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 10529
I wonder how he has a Korean surname when his Dad is Nigerian.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 20271
Dammy wrote:
I wonder how he has a Korean surname when his Dad is Nigerian.



Because he's Korean first.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 18649
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Yeyeman,

Is this guy a Nigerian player? If not, this piece really belongs in another forum and not here.

The YeyeMan wrote:
Marvin Park made his debut for Real Madrid tonight in their 2-0 win over Huesca.

Here's more information on him:

Quote:
The big team news for Real Madrid’s game against Getafe in La Liga tonight is midfielder Marvin Park being handed his first senior start for the club.

The 20-year-old’s full name is Marvin Olawale Akinlabi Park and he was born in Palma de Mallorca to a Nigerian father and South Korean mother.

He played for five different youth sides in the Balearic Islands and also spent three years of his youth career at English club Tranmere Rovers, due to his parents moving to the UK for work purposes, before he joined Madrid in 2016, and is now front and centre of Real Madrid news.

Alvaro Benito, who coached him at Juvenil C level for Madrid has said of Park, as per Marca: “He is a footballer with sprinter’s feet. Marvin is one of the fastest players I have ever seen.

“For his logical evolution, perhaps as a winger he may not have enough resources to be able to stand out in professional football but if he acquires defensive concepts, he can be an excellent wideman and better coming from deep with an open pitch.”

Park has actually featured twice in the division already this season for Los Blancos but both as substitute appearances – in the opening day draw at Real Sociedad and during Saturday’s win at Huesca, but this is his first start.

Last season he played a prominent role in the UEFA Youth League as he scored a goal in the quarter finals, made two assists in the semi-finals, and provided one more in the final.


https://www.football-espana.net/2021/02 ... eal-madrid


I didn't see the game but he received a solid 7.1 rating for his performance. on whoscored.com

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 8930
Dammy wrote:
I wonder how he has a Korean surname when his Dad is Nigerian.


He probably wasn’t close to his dad❗️


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 15722
Enugu II wrote:
Yeyeman,

Is this guy a Nigerian player? If not, this piece really belongs in another forum and not here.
It belongs here as long as we see threads about Eberechi Eze here. :D

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2021
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 8930
The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Yeyeman,

Is this guy a Nigerian player? If not, this piece really belongs in another forum and not here.
It belongs here as long as we see threads about Eberechi Eze here. :D


Posts about Eberechi Eze shouldn’t be allowed on the Eagles Nest either❗️


Cheers.


Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:50 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 6614
The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Yeyeman,

Is this guy a Nigerian player? If not, this piece really belongs in another forum and not here.
It belongs here as long as we see threads about Eberechi Eze here. :D


I think it's fair game for Eagles Nest until he plays for La Furia Roja.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:24 pm
Posts: 84
In Asia it seems they take up their mother's last name after the baby's born. An example of that is Tennis Star Naomi Osaka, whose father is Haitian and a Japanese mother and by her culture she uses her mother's last name.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:58 pm
Posts: 6752
LeonPhelps wrote:
In Asia it seems they take up their mother's last name after the baby's born. An example of that is Tennis Star Naomi Osaka, whose father is Haitian and a Japanese mother and by her culture she uses her mother's last name.


Closer home i believe(?) they do so too in Ghana.

_________________
http://www.oradatasolutionsltd.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 15722
kalani JR wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Yeyeman,

Is this guy a Nigerian player? If not, this piece really belongs in another forum and not here.
It belongs here as long as we see threads about Eberechi Eze here. :D


I think it's fair game for Eagles Nest until he plays for La Furia Roja.

Yes. :clap: It shouldn't be here.

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2021
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:40 pm
Posts: 1547
azuka wrote:
LeonPhelps wrote:
In Asia it seems they take up their mother's last name after the baby's born. An example of that is Tennis Star Naomi Osaka, whose father is Haitian and a Japanese mother and by her culture she uses her mother's last name.


Closer home i believe(?) they do so too in Ghana.

No they don't. The Akans are matrilineal but it is not the requirement or the norm norm for children to carry their mothers' surname. Being matrilineal only means they inherit from their mother's side of the family. Whatever the man has when he dies goes goes to his nephews (this one in particular i believe is specific to the Ashantis and not all Akans). but their matrilineal system and the various Twi variations they speak is what makes them Akan. For example, Akan chiefs or royalty is inherited through the mother. In Ghana this is only done by the Akans. I believe Ivorian Akans also have the same system


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 17493
This sh1t thread still dey here? Even after the howling and tears of the dog? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 15722
Imagine stalking a Yeyeman around the forum.

Imagine being sent overseas to make money for the family back home but instead spend your days logging into CE to twerk for Mourinho.

Imagine shaking your hindquarters from thread to thread.

If you can imagine that then you've imagined a day in the life of danfo the dirty dog. :D

:rotf: :rotf:

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2021
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:44 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:18 pm
Posts: 11203
Marvin Park declares for Korea
Musiala declares for Germany
Nigerian exports Dads are losing their ability to bring them back home.

_________________
"The only thing new in the world is the history you don't know." — Harry S. Truman


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:24 pm
Posts: 84
furiously frank wrote:
Marvin Park declares for Korea
Musiala declares for Germany
Nigerian exports Dads are losing their ability to bring them back home.


Sadly, it may come back to bite them in the nyash. The smart ones that decided to play for their fatherland enjoy playing 90 mins at the World Stage. Hell Boateng Prince used 2010 WC to get a move from Portsmouth/Genoa to AC Milan.

Sidney Sam played 5x for Germany scoring 0 goals, Agbonlahor played only 3x for England scoring 0 goals and many more. I am sure Alaba regretted not playing for Nigeria.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 17493
Cheii! Marvin spits in the face of the dog??? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

As usual, the Moderators and Admins continue to do a fantastic job, quickly knowing that this sh1t thread is not EaglesNest worthy! :clap: :clap: Great job guys! :thumbs:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:21 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 6614
LeonPhelps wrote:
furiously frank wrote:
Marvin Park declares for Korea
Musiala declares for Germany
Nigerian exports Dads are losing their ability to bring them back home.


Sadly, it may come back to bite them in the nyash. The smart ones that decided to play for their fatherland enjoy playing 90 mins at the World Stage. Hell Boateng Prince used 2010 WC to get a move from Portsmouth/Genoa to AC Milan.

Sidney Sam played 5x for Germany scoring 0 goals, Agbonlahor played only 3x for England scoring 0 goals and many more. I am sure Alaba regretted not playing for Nigeria.


Alaba is the most important player from his country in almost 80 years, Nigeria just didn't/couldn't offer an invite.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 15722
Danfo has put this news on his CV. It's listed as one of his achievements. :rotf: :rotf:

Meanwhile, back home, the matriarch suffers.... :cry:

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2021
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:35 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 89205
Location: Earth
The YeyeMan wrote:
Danfo has put this news on his CV. It's listed as one of his achievements. :rotf: :rotf:

Meanwhile, back home, the matriarch suffers.... :cry:

Dude you failed. Dude ain't naija

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 15722
Bigpokey24 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Danfo has put this news on his CV. It's listed as one of his achievements. :rotf: :rotf:

Meanwhile, back home, the matriarch suffers.... :cry:

Dude you failed. Dude ain't naija

Dude, dude, dude.. 89140 posts! See your life! :rotf:

We will celebrate our joblessness at 90,000! :thumbs:

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2021
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group