Nigerian Marvin Park makes Real Madrid debut

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigerian Marvin Park makes Real Madrid debut

Post by The YeyeMan »

Marvin Park made his debut for Real Madrid tonight in their 2-0 win over Huesca.

Here's more information on him:
The big team news for Real Madrid’s game against Getafe in La Liga tonight is midfielder Marvin Park being handed his first senior start for the club.

The 20-year-old’s full name is Marvin Olawale Akinlabi Park and he was born in Palma de Mallorca to a Nigerian father and South Korean mother.

He played for five different youth sides in the Balearic Islands and also spent three years of his youth career at English club Tranmere Rovers, due to his parents moving to the UK for work purposes, before he joined Madrid in 2016, and is now front and centre of Real Madrid news.

Alvaro Benito, who coached him at Juvenil C level for Madrid has said of Park, as per Marca: “He is a footballer with sprinter’s feet. Marvin is one of the fastest players I have ever seen.

“For his logical evolution, perhaps as a winger he may not have enough resources to be able to stand out in professional football but if he acquires defensive concepts, he can be an excellent wideman and better coming from deep with an open pitch.”

Park has actually featured twice in the division already this season for Los Blancos but both as substitute appearances – in the opening day draw at Real Sociedad and during Saturday’s win at Huesca, but this is his first start.

Last season he played a prominent role in the UEFA Youth League as he scored a goal in the quarter finals, made two assists in the semi-finals, and provided one more in the final.

https://www.football-espana.net/2021/02 ... eal-madrid
I didn't see the game but he received a solid 7.1 rating for his performance. on whoscored.com
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigerian Marvin Park makes Real Madrid debut

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He declared for Korea.
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

He wasn’t born in Nigeria and didn’t declare for Nigeria so, he’s not a Nigerian; at least until he switches to Nigeria❗️

Cheers.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I wonder how he has a Korean surname when his Dad is Nigerian.
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dammy wrote:I wonder how he has a Korean surname when his Dad is Nigerian.

Because he's Korean first.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Yeyeman,

Is this guy a Nigerian player? If not, this piece really belongs in another forum and not here.
The YeyeMan wrote:Marvin Park made his debut for Real Madrid tonight in their 2-0 win over Huesca.

Here's more information on him:
The big team news for Real Madrid’s game against Getafe in La Liga tonight is midfielder Marvin Park being handed his first senior start for the club.

The 20-year-old’s full name is Marvin Olawale Akinlabi Park and he was born in Palma de Mallorca to a Nigerian father and South Korean mother.

He played for five different youth sides in the Balearic Islands and also spent three years of his youth career at English club Tranmere Rovers, due to his parents moving to the UK for work purposes, before he joined Madrid in 2016, and is now front and centre of Real Madrid news.

Alvaro Benito, who coached him at Juvenil C level for Madrid has said of Park, as per Marca: “He is a footballer with sprinter’s feet. Marvin is one of the fastest players I have ever seen.

“For his logical evolution, perhaps as a winger he may not have enough resources to be able to stand out in professional football but if he acquires defensive concepts, he can be an excellent wideman and better coming from deep with an open pitch.”

Park has actually featured twice in the division already this season for Los Blancos but both as substitute appearances – in the opening day draw at Real Sociedad and during Saturday’s win at Huesca, but this is his first start.

Last season he played a prominent role in the UEFA Youth League as he scored a goal in the quarter finals, made two assists in the semi-finals, and provided one more in the final.

https://www.football-espana.net/2021/02 ... eal-madrid
I didn't see the game but he received a solid 7.1 rating for his performance. on whoscored.com
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Dammy wrote:I wonder how he has a Korean surname when his Dad is Nigerian.
He probably wasn’t close to his dad❗️

Cheers.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote:Yeyeman,

Is this guy a Nigerian player? If not, this piece really belongs in another forum and not here.
It belongs here as long as we see threads about Eberechi Eze here. :D
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

The YeyeMan wrote:

Posts about Eberechi Eze shouldn’t be allowed on the Eagles Nest either❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

The YeyeMan wrote:

I think it's fair game for Eagles Nest until he plays for La Furia Roja.
LeonPhelps
Egg
Egg

Post by LeonPhelps »

In Asia it seems they take up their mother's last name after the baby's born. An example of that is Tennis Star Naomi Osaka, whose father is Haitian and a Japanese mother and by her culture she uses her mother's last name.
"In Japan a corrupt person kills himself. In China, they kill him. In Europe and America they jail him. In Africa, he will present himself for election." - Prof. PLO Lumumba
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

LeonPhelps wrote:In Asia it seems they take up their mother's last name after the baby's born. An example of that is Tennis Star Naomi Osaka, whose father is Haitian and a Japanese mother and by her culture she uses her mother's last name.
Closer home i believe(?) they do so too in Ghana.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

kalani JR wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

I think it's fair game for Eagles Nest until he plays for La Furia Roja.
Yes. :clap: It shouldn't be here.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

azuka wrote:
LeonPhelps wrote:In Asia it seems they take up their mother's last name after the baby's born. An example of that is Tennis Star Naomi Osaka, whose father is Haitian and a Japanese mother and by her culture she uses her mother's last name.
Closer home i believe(?) they do so too in Ghana.
No they don't. The Akans are matrilineal but it is not the requirement or the norm norm for children to carry their mothers' surname. Being matrilineal only means they inherit from their mother's side of the family. Whatever the man has when he dies goes goes to his nephews (this one in particular i believe is specific to the Ashantis and not all Akans). but their matrilineal system and the various Twi variations they speak is what makes them Akan. For example, Akan chiefs or royalty is inherited through the mother. In Ghana this is only done by the Akans. I believe Ivorian Akans also have the same system
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This sh1t thread still dey here? Even after the howling and tears of the dog? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Imagine stalking a Yeyeman around the forum.

Imagine being sent overseas to make money for the family back home but instead spend your days logging into CE to twerk for Mourinho.

Imagine shaking your hindquarters from thread to thread.

If you can imagine that then you've imagined a day in the life of danfo the dirty dog. :D

:rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Marvin Park declares for Korea
Musiala declares for Germany
Nigerian exports Dads are losing their ability to bring them back home.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
LeonPhelps
Egg
Egg

Post by LeonPhelps »

furiously frank wrote:Marvin Park declares for Korea
Sadly, it may come back to bite them in the nyash. The smart ones that decided to play for their fatherland enjoy playing 90 mins at the World Stage. Hell Boateng Prince used 2010 WC to get a move from Portsmouth/Genoa to AC Milan.

Sidney Sam played 5x for Germany scoring 0 goals, Agbonlahor played only 3x for England scoring 0 goals and many more. I am sure Alaba regretted not playing for Nigeria.
"In Japan a corrupt person kills himself. In China, they kill him. In Europe and America they jail him. In Africa, he will present himself for election." - Prof. PLO Lumumba
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cheii! Marvin spits in the face of the dog??? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

As usual, the Moderators and Admins continue to do a fantastic job, quickly knowing that this sh1t thread is not EaglesNest worthy! :clap: :clap: Great job guys! :thumbs:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

LeonPhelps wrote:
furiously frank wrote:Marvin Park declares for Korea
Sadly, it may come back to bite them in the nyash. The smart ones that decided to play for their fatherland enjoy playing 90 mins at the World Stage. Hell Boateng Prince used 2010 WC to get a move from Portsmouth/Genoa to AC Milan.

Sidney Sam played 5x for Germany scoring 0 goals, Agbonlahor played only 3x for England scoring 0 goals and many more. I am sure Alaba regretted not playing for Nigeria.
Alaba is the most important player from his country in almost 80 years, Nigeria just didn't/couldn't offer an invite.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Danfo has put this news on his CV. It's listed as one of his achievements. :rotf: :rotf:

Meanwhile, back home, the matriarch suffers.... :cry:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The YeyeMan wrote:Danfo has put this news on his CV. It's listed as one of his achievements. :rotf: :rotf:

Dude you failed. Dude ain't naija
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Danfo has put this news on his CV. It's listed as one of his achievements. :rotf: :rotf:

Dude you failed. Dude ain't naija
Dude, dude, dude.. 89140 posts! See your life! :rotf:

We will celebrate our joblessness at 90,000! :thumbs:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024