AFCON dream ends in tears for South Africa after Sudan loss

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: AFCON dream ends in tears for South Africa after Sudan l

Post by Damunk »

joao wrote:Bafana Bafana missing out of AFCON is what happens when players on a team lack 'team discipline'.
SA, like most sub-Sahara national teams have great individual players, but selfish to the core.
I've said this before. The first sub-Saharan African team that implements team discipline will shock
the football world,
and win the World Cup.
At the moment, do we not have team discipline in your opinion?
The days of Gucci slippers are long gone. :tic:
Before that, remember how many of our star players were at various times accused of lacking commitment, coming late to camp, 'feigning' injury, hotel sex romps, cliques within the squad and even on-field etc... all conveniently forgotten in an attempt to whitewash the past and disrespect what we have now.

I don't think selfishness is our problem today but to win the WC, we do need a few truly world class players amongst other things.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
joao
Egg
Egg
Re: AFCON dream ends in tears for South Africa after Sudan l

Post by joao »

Damunk wrote:
joao wrote:Bafana Bafana missing out of AFCON is what happens when players on a team lack 'team discipline'.
SA, like most sub-Sahara national teams have great individual players, but selfish to the core.
I've said this before. The first sub-Saharan African team that implements team discipline will shock
the football world,
and win the World Cup.
At the moment, do we not have team discipline in your opinion?
The days of Gucci slippers are long gone. :tic:
Before that, remember how many of our star players were at various times accused of lacking commitment, coming late to camp, 'feigning' injury, hotel sex romps, cliques within the squad and even on-field etc... all conveniently forgotten in an attempt to whitewash the past and disrespect what we have now.

I don't think selfishness is our problem today but to win the WC, we do need a few truly world class players amongst other things.
No argument on the highlighted, but when I say team discipline I guess you got me wrong.
By 'Team discipline', I mean the way The Team plays the game.
When individuals on the team act as if unaware of team concept by dwelling too long on
the ball, aiming for the hard pass instead of what's simple, taking long and wayward shots,
and all sorts of actions that gives the ball away to opponents, those are actions that spells
indiscipline in a team concept.
When you watch clubs like Barcelona, ManCity, or even Athletico Madrid, seldom do you see
players taking actions that gives the ball to the opposition with ease. Also our players often do
not take advantage of breakaway chances very well, due lingering on the ball, waiting too long
to pass to a free and streaking teammate, or wanting to go for individual glory. Teams like
Italy and East Europeans take full advantage of breakaways whenever the front players
outnumber the defense or can outpace them.
These on the field and in-game actions are what I mean when I reference 'team discipline'.
Thanks.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges