Real Madrid vs. Barcelona, El Clasico 2-1 FT

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: Real Madrid vs. Barcelona, El Clasico 2-1

Post by charlie »

Cristao II wrote:3rd win over Barca in a row.
Zizou has had Barca's number since he came out of retirement. I dont think Barca has beaten Madrid since his return.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Real Madrid vs. Barcelona, El Clasico 2-1 FT

Post by Coach »

As impressive as Barca have been in their 3-4-3/3-4-2-1, it was absolutely the wrong formation to face Real given the lack of defensive coverage offered by the front 3. Real steamrolled them in the first-half. The switch to a back four was a must.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Not so much the back 3 for me as the failures of De Jong on both sides of the ball and the resulting imbalance in MF. Dutchman needs to adapt his game better, to suit the needs of his team.

Barcelona's failures yesterday began from the lack of efficiency in the possession game
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

txj wrote:Not so much the back 3 for me as the failures of De Jong on both sides of the ball and the resulting imbalance in MF. Dutchman needs to adapt his game better, to suit the needs of his team.

Barcelona's failures yesterday began from the lack of efficiency in the possession game
Barca is a poor team with a poor coach,this Barca team will not make top 5 in EPL.