Here We Come Again!!

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Here We Come Again!!

Post by Scipio Africanus »

oloye wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
ohsee wrote:They also have Calamity John in defence. :lol: He made so many crazyass mistakes in the Champions League final, it is a surprise Pep did not remove him at half-time. :lol: And even if they did not have Stones, his partner Maguire is not exactly a van Dyke. He is the type of centerback I describe as "HE" --Highly Embarrass-able. :lol:
Perhaps, but my goodness me look who they have in that squad :scared:
Bellingham, Grealish, Foden, Mount, Sancho, Saka, Kane

Pure unadulterated quality.

If they had a real coach they have the option to play with a false nine and drag defenders all over the place. They have the players for that. Maybe Southgate will surprise everybody and get the best use out of this outrageously talented crop of English players.
Shuo, play with false 9 and drop Kane, in order to drag defences around, abeg I am struggling here.
Oga do you understand what the English word "option" means? Crack open your dictionary and you will struggle no mo. :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

As always, anyone but England for me. Always :thumbs:

Thee match against Scotland will be an interesting one. Don't laugh, yeah I said it. Scotland always fight well against England. Wouldn't surprise me if England struggle to escape from their group

France my favourites then Portugal. My other favoured team Germany is rebuilding. I would out a punt on Spain upsetting England in a one off

But if they played 10 times France beats e gland at least 7 of hose times :thumbs:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Comrade Machel wrote:As always, anyone but England for me. Always :thumbs:

Thee match against Scotland will be an interesting one. Don't laugh, yeah I said it. Scotland always fight well against England. Wouldn't surprise me if England struggle to escape from their group

France my favourites then Portugal. My other favoured team Germany is rebuilding. I would out a punt on Spain upsetting England in a one off

But if they played 10 times France beats e gland at least 7 of hose times :thumbs:
France might disappoint. 4 of the 6 groups will have 3 teams going through so I would be very surprised if England don't make it out.

Wha choo looking at?!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

England sure have talent, but their football mentality need to be re-adjusted to modern play.
The 'Three Lions' I think will be better suited for a counter attack approach than their favorite
gung-ho style. If England can 'soak up' the ball control of the likes of Spain and Portugal and
get them on the counter, rather than trying to bully their way around, the team will do well.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Comrade Machel wrote:As always, anyone but England for me. Always :thumbs:

Scotland won't do $#%, Clarke is a dummy.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

ohsee wrote:They also have Calamity John in defence. :lol: He made so many crazyass mistakes in the Champions League final, it is a surprise Pep did not remove him at half-time. :lol: And even if they did not have Stones, his partner Maguire is not exactly a van Dyke. He is the type of centerback I describe as "HE" --Highly Embarrass-able. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

wanaj0 wrote:At the last WC, England showed up! All the teams with better coaches were nowhere to be found.

Say what you like about the coach, he has taken them to places where better coaches could not get them.

Credit to Southgate for what he has achieved.

Bad belle no good oo
Which teams did England defeat in that WC?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:At the last WC, England showed up! All the teams with better coaches were nowhere to be found.

Say what you like about the coach, he has taken them to places where better coaches could not get them.

Credit to Southgate for what he has achieved.

Bad belle no good oo
Which teams did England defeat in that WC?
didn't you boast about going to every Football tourney in Europe, how come you cannot figure that out? cheap steak :boo:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Scipio Africanus wrote:

If they had a real coach they have the option to play with a false nine and drag defenders all over the place. They have the players for that. Maybe Southgate will surprise everybody and get the best use out of this outrageously talented crop of English players.
Apart from Kane, and even him with the Spurs season in mind, not one bona fide international game changer in that list.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Aswani wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

Apart from Kane, and even him with the Spurs season in mind, not one bona fide international game changer in that list.

That's what I think too. Who in the England. Line up would walk into a World's Best 11 in their position. Kane at a stretch even then I think he is very one dimensional though he does score a lot of goals
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

It’s. Coming. Home...the only question is, will it have to self isolate for 10 days?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

All this Harry Kane this and Harry Kane that. I have to admit I did not watch Spurs very much this season. Only when they played Liverpool, and I was not that impressed with that Kane. Maybe I am prejudiced against English forwards.

I don dey old and my memory is poor, but is good old 'arry not terrible in tournaments? He scored 5 goals against great football countries like Panama and Tunisia in 2018 WC; he scored a total of 6 goals, half penalties, one "goal" an inadvertent deflection :lol: and all against minnows. Against the strong teams, he failed to deliver. Oh, and in the 2019 Champs League final against Liverpool, he did a whole lot of nada. :lol: Can someone enlighten me on what makes him special this season?

I will watch Ingerlund very closely this Euro and pay special attention to 'arry. I love to watch them, but, even more, I love to see them fail once more, all over again. :lol:
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I'll be rooting for Ingerlund in this Euros because of their BLM stance.

Yes, hell has frozen over with me supporting Ingurland. That said, I have doubts they can pull it off
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

YUJAM wrote:I'll be rooting for Ingerlund in this Euros because of their BLM stance.

Yes, hell has frozen over with me supporting Ingurland. That said, I have doubts they can pull it off
Rooting for them. They have the fire power but that midfield and defense has some serious errors in it.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

YUJAM wrote:I'll be rooting for Ingerlund in this Euros because of their BLM stance.

Africa United, aka France has been and will always be my first choice. Though it looks like the coach dey take style reduce the number of Africans on the team. Why is lousy Lenglet who had a poor season going instead of my boy Dayot the upper mechanic :D ?

After France, then Nederland, and then Portugal. The best game of the first round is going to be Jamny v Africa United on Tuesday 15th. It will be a thrilla, a killa, and a chilla. :thumbs: