CPR ON-field for Erikson.

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: CPR ON-field for Erikson.

Post by Damunk »

ElHadary wrote:
Damunk wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:
cruxifixoy2k wrote:He left the stadium awake and breathing. He will be ok.
Is this for real? Please is this confirmed info?

I cannot take it if he dies! I simply cant!! :cry: :cry:
I'm believing cruxifixoy2k saw it himself or has got it from reliable sources.
He won't joke with that kind of thing.
Damunk, as a doctor what do you believe happened? It seemed similar to what happened to Fabrice Muamba.

As someone who has bradycardia, this was terrifying to watch.
Yes I believe so too.
Though it has been commonest in black athletes, it can happen to anyone.

Bradycardia isn't neccesarily a problem.
I have it too, but I get your concerns.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:Looks like it is confirmed that Eriksen is stabilized!
Still a long way to go but the worst is averted for now!
Glory be to God!
Big thank you to the medical team. :clap: :clap:
Mind you, I'm not having a go at you personally, but you should reserve the thanks and glory for the medical team. I don't even want to think about what would have happened if they had left it up to prayer, like in a few countries I could name.

The day Africans leave this primitive "leave it up to God" mindset behind, the day we would be able to do the amazing job that the Danish medical authorities just performed.
We are able to chew gum and walk at the same time. I did both and that is how I roll. There are countless medical teams that have done even more and still didnt succeed so big thanks to their professional effort but Glory to God for Christian Eriksen is not dead!
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

SylverEagles wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
Glory be to God!
Mind you, I'm not having a go at you personally, but you should reserve the thanks and glory for the medical team. I don't even want to think about what would have happened if they had left it up to prayer, like in a few countries I could name.

The day Africans leave this primitive "leave it up to God" mindset behind, the day we would be able to do the amazing job that the Danish medical authorities just performed.
We are able to chew gum and walk at the same time. I did both and that is how I roll. There are countless medical teams that have done even more and still didnt succeed so big thanks to their professional effort but Glory to God for Christian Eriksen is not dead!
Let's hope so. I have heard stories of bystanders in car accidents in Nigeria dropping to their knees in prayer as the life ebbs out of the poor victims, instead of rapidly organizing transport to (probably decrepit) hospitals.

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Coach wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Reports from ESPN are that he has been stabilized! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Top shelf medical care! :clap: :clap: :clap: Absolutely top shelf! :clap: :clap: :clap:

We should take a moment to appreciate true professionalism.
And another moment to ask ourselves, had this collapse occurred during the African Nations Cup, would the same standard be achieved? Hopefully so.
So what standards were achieved in France, Spain, Portugal, when Foe, Puerta and Mikos all died on the field?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

The game to resume at 8.30 pm
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Glory be to God!

Hmmm medical team did well on antonio puerta and fabrice muamba and they still passed , lets respect each others fa beliefs and faith , if you dont believe its ok and i am sure he respects that , but please lets not use such a trying situation to paint a whole race a particular way.

I know you prefaced that you are not having a go at him personally but i also suggest that u dont have a go at anyone for now abeg.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Prompt CPR probably saved Eriksen's life. I hope this encourages people to learn CPR and to keep their skills current. There are various hospitals (in the USA, I don't know about other countries) that offer these courses and you can recertify your skills every couple of years. You never know when they will be needed.

Two: If you have the funds, get a portable defibrillator and keep it at home. Train yourself and members of your household on how to use it.

Three: Completely unrelated. Get a fire extinguisher for your home and make sure to replace it every year.

Wha choo looking at?!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...stressful season, and now this. Good thing the medics got to him quick, and knew what to do.

Remind of our naija medic at the recent Falcons v Jamaica match.
A player had cramp or something, came off the field and on the side line writhing in pain on the back of her thigh, the medic that approached her did not even have emergency equipment bag. Looked at her, said something and walked back to go get help (bag, etc).
Poor girl was all alone in pain on the grass.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
Glory be to God!

Hmmm medical team did well on antonio puerta and fabrice muamba and they still passed , lets respect each others fa beliefs and faith , if you dont believe its ok and i am sure he respects that , but please lets not use such a trying situation to paint a whole race a particular way.

I know you prefaced that you are not having a go at him personally but i also suggest that u dont have a go at anyone for now abeg.
Where is your evidence that they "did well"?

Wha choo looking at?!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Sir V wrote:The game to resume at 8.30 pm
...their time? your time? or my time? which is which?
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Great to hear he’s in stable condition and to see that picture. Game resuming, his teammates will be doing it all for him. Will this be a substitution in the game?
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Pokey, was resuscitation attempted in the above instances in line with resuscitation council guidelines? Presumably so. Survival is not assured in all attempts at CPR, the question is Pokey, had the collapse occurred during the ANC, are the necessary personal, paraphernalia and paramedics readily available to assure the best chance of survival?
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Let’s just be thankful, survival rate through CPR is actually pretty low in any corner of the Earth. Big props to the medical team, referee, players, fans and the organizers. Thanks be to God. Now to see him back on his feet would be golden.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

I cant believe this game is going to resume. Incredible!!
At least they said it was their own decision. Very brave of them! :shock: :shock:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Thank God he is ok. Everybody needs to learn basic CPR. It could save a life. Also have a debrilator at hand in every school Church mosque office etc.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
Glory be to God!

Where is your evidence that they "did well"?
Fabrice heart stopped for 78 mins and he is alive today although no longer able to play football
Antonio was revived waved at fans after the medics revived him and walked off the pitch - sadly died after he collapsed again in the dressing room.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Hmmm medical team did well on antonio puerta and fabrice muamba and they still passed
As far as I know, Fabrice Muamba is still very much alive. After his heart stopped for more than an hour, he was saved by the on field medical staff and rushed to hospital. First class medical care and equipment--including a consultant cardiologist who was at the game as a fan--saved him, of that there is no question.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabrice_Muamba
In March 2012, Muamba suffered a cardiac arrest during a televised FA Cup match between Bolton and Tottenham Hotspur, from which he recovered despite his heart having stopped for 78 minutes. Following medical advice, he announced his retirement from professional football in August 2012. As of September 2018, he is a youth coach at Rochdale.
However, it must be noted that Muamba believes that God is important and apparently tweeted "Please God" when Eriksen collapsed.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-24306371
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Thank God he came to.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Thank God that Eriksen survived! Praying for a full recovery! Massive kudos to the on-field medical team! That was one scary sight...I can't even bring myself to watch the restarted match.

One negative - the TV coverage was shocking! As soon as they realized how serious the situation was, the feed should have been cut away. Did we really need to see Eriksen's wife crying on the field?
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Hopefully it wasn't a heart scare. Seems like seizures (epilepsy)
SuperEagles

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Hopefully it wasn't a heart scare. Seems like seizures (epilepsy)
Is CPR part of medical intervention for seizure?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cito wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Hopefully it wasn't a heart scare. Seems like seizures (epilepsy)
Is CPR part of medical intervention for seizure?
I don't know these are the stories going around
Word out was that Keer tried to grab his tongue
SuperEagles

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Prime suspect, an arrhythmia-related syndrome or recent flu-like illness leading to Myocarditis. Covid has been implicated in the latter. That he required CPR suggests cardiorespiratory shutdown. ‘Tis noteworthy that the level of personnel and equipment were pitch side. Seconds save lives in such instances. And yes, it is an absolutely essential question to ask, do we Africans have such resources readily available, both man and machine, pitch side at the Nations Cup? Cardiomyopathy is more common in blacks, moreover in the aftermath of Covid, the number of newly acquired cardiac maladies is not to be ignored.

Well done to Erikssen for coming back and to the team who brought him back. Modern medicine is truly marvellous.