Italy: Champions of Europe

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Italy: Champions of Europe

Post by Bigpokey24 »

They are playing the best Football in the Euros
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Italy

Post by txj »

Next to France the most balanced team so far..
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Bigpokey24 wrote:They are playing the best Football in the Euros
Against a very useless team in the Swiss who were walking around in the first half like they ate too much akpu abi na cheese in the first half. But you are right, Italia looked very impressive the way they pressed when they did not have the ball, and carved the Swiss open with the greatest of ease when they did. Xhaka and Xhakiri are both wastepipes.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Two words. Inger-land.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Italy are the team to beat in this competition IMO. Their organization is impeccable. They make perfectly good teams look inept. Look what they did to Turkey and now Switzerland.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohsee wrote:
Against a very useless team in the Swiss who were walking around in the first half like they ate too much akpu abi na cheese in the first half. But you are right, Italia looked very impressive the way they pressed when they did not have the ball, and carved the Swiss open with the greatest of ease when they did. Xhaka and Xhakiri are both wastepipes.
:agree: Remember I said that Turkey looked like they were drugged against Italy? That is the effect Mancini's tactics have on the opposition. The opponent keeps running into a brick wall, and eventually they become dazed. The way Italy maintain their spacing is machine-like, but that's what we have always expected from them. The Italian players didn't even look like they are sweating when they were creating chance after chance.
Last edited by Scipio Africanus on Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wha choo looking at?!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^The same Turkey reduced to Xmas day’s by the mighty Wales. Granted, they’re one’s outside bet for the title, reason being, the odds...they’re far from the team to beat. Triple Ogbuefi France are simply lightyears ahead of the rest. Should Deschamps fail to deliver the title, “shor’ slif or lon’ slif”.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Coach wrote:^The same Turkey reduced to Xmas day’s by the mighty Wales. Granted, they’re one’s outside bet for the title, reason being, the odds...they’re far from the team to beat. Triple Ogbuefi France are simply lightyears ahead of the rest. Should Deschamps fail to deliver the title, “shor’ slif or lon’ slif”.
If France meet Italy, my money would be on Italy. They have a long history of making outrageously gifted teams cry.

Wha choo looking at?!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
ohsee wrote:
:agree: Remember I said that Turkey looked like they were drugged against Italy? That is the effect Mancini's tactics have on the opposition. The opponent keeps running into a brick wall, and eventually they become dazed. The way Italy maintain their spacing is machine-like, but that's what we have always expected from them. The Italian players didn't even look like they are sweating when they were creating chance after chance.
But Oga Skip, the Italians played like the game mattered to them. They worked for each other, closed passing lanes and converged on the ball carrier. The Swiss were lumbering and lethargic, and did not begin to press until the second half. They made bad passes, and their forwards did not make the kinds of off the ball runs the Italians were making. Their game, especially in the first half, was very static. That Ghenenian Liverpool man showed why he spent a lot of time on the bench. :lol: Yes, the Italians were good, but....

Neberdiness, I no wan make those racist Italians win dis cup. E go vex me taya if dem win. :mad:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:^The same Turkey reduced to Xmas day’s by the mighty Wales. Granted, they’re one’s outside bet for the title, reason being, the odds...they’re far from the team to beat. Triple Ogbuefi France are simply lightyears ahead of the rest. Should Deschamps fail to deliver the title, “shor’ slif or lon’ slif”.
Agreed on France.

But keep your eyes on that Italian defense, and especially the balance in MF and the opportunity it creates for the counter.

So far they have not deployed the counterattack option.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Should Deschamps fail to deliver, Zizou is waiting, just as he did in 2018. :D
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

You can add 10-15 more million to that Arsenal bid for Locatelli
and subtract 5-10 from Roma’s bid for the Peroxide Turtle
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ohsee wrote:
they've not lost in a very long time. Since vs Portugal in the nations league
SuperEagles

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Should we expect a thread for Belgium later in the week?

France is overrated. You need more than good eggs to make a tasty omelette.
Last edited by Kabalega on Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

When Italy shows up to a tournament they really show up. I will be shocked if the dont get to the semis at least.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

They looked good for sure but both Turkey and Switzerland have been woeful. They haven't had a real test yet and I saw some openings in their D too.

Their football is beautiful and positive though
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

YUJAM wrote:They looked good for sure but both Turkey and Switzerland have been woeful. They haven't had a real test yet and I saw some openings in their D too.

Their football is beautiful and positive though
Yep let them show it against better teams first.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

I respect your opinions but easily one of the most boring Italian teams I have have seen. This team would struggle against the really good organised team. They just don't have enough top level creativity to open up organised teams like Germany and England (and I hate England). Apart from being hard running and tactical there isn't much guille in their midfield. But let's see what happens
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Comrade Machel wrote:I respect your opinions but easily one of the most boring Italian teams I have have seen. This team would struggle against the really good organised team. They just don't have enough top level creativity to open up organised teams like Germany and England (and I hate England). Apart from being hard running and tactical there isn't much guille in their midfield. But let's see what happens

Man they are boring sha. I always fall asleep watching them.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Kabalega wrote:Should we expect a thread for Belgium later in the week?

France is overrated. You need than good eggs to make a tasty omelette.
Are you joking? France won the last WC. Until someone dethrones them France is still the team to beat.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

joplass wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:08 am
Kabalega wrote:Should we expect a thread for Belgium later in the week?

France is overrated. You need than good eggs to make a tasty omelette.
Are you joking? France won the last WC. Until someone dethrones them France is still the team to beat.
I'm looking at the footie on the green grass. France is overrated.

EDIT:
Cracks in France camp?
Hungary v France (14:00 BST)
Maz Farookhi, BBC World Service football reporter in Budapest
It's been interesting to see some of the drama we have had from France in the build-up. There were some public comments from Olivier Giroud about the fact he was struggling a little bit to score goals because people weren't passing to him.

Source
Last edited by Kabalega on Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Forza Azzuri
We name him Immobile just to throw off defenders :D

On a serious note, they are very solid. Of all the teams Ive seen so far, only France will give them trouble
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.