[Euro 2020- Final] - Italia vincere (Champions!)

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: [Euro 2020-The Grand Final] - Ingran 1 Italia 1

Post by King Futcha »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:12 pm
charlie wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:10 pm Player of the tournament?

Has to be Federico Chiesa.
I would have chosen Spinazolla because he was out of this world, before he got hurt.
But Chiesa was incredible.
Very dumb decision by Southgate to have a 19 year old with no record of been good at spot kicks take a PK in such high pressure situation, Saka had no business taking a penalty over the likes of Henderson, Grealish etc
trash henderson was subbed off those guys... stones, grieliesh, sterling, should have stepped up and said im taking one instead of letting it fall on the kid's shoulders.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Coach wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:16 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:08 pm “ The Old Lady will learn the meaning of menopause on Sunday.”

Coachie, you’re a bloody real time jinx!
And now my Lions are weeping … thanks
Nonsense. Game completely mismanaged by Southgate and the penalty takers were laughable.
blaming the coach and the blacks, typical coach
Saints baby we did it
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Lambs to the slaughter. Facebook, Twitter and alike need to block the monkey emojis immediately.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Oguleftie wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:07 pm Italian GK.
That is what you call a GK.
He saved a PK for the trophy and just calmly walked off as if nothing happened.
Even his team mates ran to him for congratulations, jumping up & down, but he remained calm; a mark of a confident GK.
...a mark of fearful gk asking "did I cheat" :lol:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I would have chosen Spinazolla because he was out of this world, before he got hurt.
Very dumb decision by Southgate to have a 19 year old with no record of been good at spot kicks take a PK in such high pressure situation, Saka had no business taking a penalty over the likes of Henderson, Grealish etc
I suppose you know this because you’ve been training with them❓❗️

Cheers.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

I put it on the England coach. His inexperience showed. You dont wait until they equalized to make subs when the game was a one way traffic. You have six subs yet leaving players that are almost begging to be subbed on the field like Raheem Sterling. Mancini on the other hand was making subs like a coach that wants to win. You take the game to the opponent not tentative play. England had like 4 shots on goal that I counted whole game and Italy must have had like 30. Goals wins game and if your forwards are not going at defenders and testing the keeper, abeg its time for subs.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:17 pm

:clap:
The decision is usually based on evidence from practice and also the players. Henderson doesn't take PKs at Liverpool
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

King Futcha wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:19 pm
Coach wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:16 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:08 pm “ The Old Lady will learn the meaning of menopause on Sunday.”

Coachie, you’re a bloody real time jinx!
And now my Lions are weeping … thanks
Nonsense. Game completely mismanaged by Southgate and the penalty takers were laughable.
blaming the coach and the blacks, typical coach
The idea of bringing on a player, cold, purely for the pressure cooker that is penalties is ludicrous. More so when that player has no track record of taking penalties. Why Saka? Were any of them warm, physically, mentally?

And yes, tactically, it wasn’t the best application of wingbacks, far too deep, but alas there was hope.

Facebook must block the monkey emoji immediately. Banana too.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Coach wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:19 pm Lambs to the slaughter. Facebook, Twitter and alike need to block the monkey emojis immediately.
you've called blacks much worst, no copping pleas now.
Saints baby we did it
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...I had the hunch Rashford and then Saka will miss, Sancho, don't know much about his play in Germany.
Sad, their coach made wrong picks for the pk, and the English racists will be out plenty.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Is Marcus injured? Why didn’t Southgate play Rushford on the left wing and move Sterling on the right?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Have you guys seen the WhatsApp videos

English fans already bearing up Italians

How anyone can support such a nation is beyond me :curse: :curse:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:19 pm Lambs to the slaughter. Facebook, Twitter and alike need to block the monkey emojis immediately.
Coachito how far now? :D :taunt: This is why I don't support Ingerlund. :mad:
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

How Mancini blunted England's attack despite losing his 2 starting full backs and slow retiree center backs is something. Speedsters like Sterling, Saka etc. couldn't use their pace for nothing. I thought England would look to exploit the retirees in defence in extra time but nathing. Perhaps Rashford and Sancho should have been in earlier.
Seems to stop Harry Kane, just be close to him and follow him around, he'll just head in the direction where he's less of a threat. I thought the Italians played dirty though, they kicked England and the ref was generous to them. In the end the match ended in a draw, the players can hold their heads high.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

King Futcha wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:24 pm
you've called blacks much worst, no copping pleas now.
Absolutely and deservedly so. Needless to say, were they “purple”, they’d have been called the same.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

kajifu wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:02 pm
Cito wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:59 pm The best team in the tourney won. It would not have been justified on the balance of play for this English team to win against the Italians.
:agree: :agree: :clap: :clap:
:thumbs: :thumbs: :agree: :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [Euro 2020- Final] - Italia vincere (Champions!)

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Southgate must shoulder the blame for this loss. Tried to play catenaccio against the country that invented it. Left fearsome attacking talent on the bench and used plodding donkeys to try to deny Italia, who attacked like lions all game. Italia deservedly won the trophy. Best team of the tournament! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wha choo looking at?!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

ohsee wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:29 pm
another one who insults blacks worst than those whites could ever dream of.
Saints baby we did it
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:05 pm “The end is nigh. Mussolini has dipped the quill in the pot of ink. Mi arrendo. I surrender.“

LMAO :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Kai! My very good friend Coachito don suffa. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Dont know why people are gabbing Gareth. England were never anticipated to reach the final. There can only be one winner in a tournament.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

King Futcha wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:39 pm
ohsee wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:29 pm
another one who insults blacks worst than those whites could ever dream of.
Gerrarahia, useless man.For you, the truth hurts. :biggrin: When someone says something that is not rah rah I support any black nonsense, it means the person insults blacks. No wonder we are at the bottom of the social ladder. :mad:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

felarey wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:30 pm How Mancini blunted England's attack despite losing his 2 starting full backs and slow retiree center backs is something. Speedsters like Sterling, Saka etc. couldn't use their pace for nothing. I thought England would look to exploit the retirees in defence in extra time but nathing. Perhaps Rashford and Sancho should have been in earlier.
Seems to stop Harry Kane, just be close to him and follow him around, he'll just head in the direction where he's less of a threat. I thought the Italians played dirty though, they kicked England and the ref was generous to them. In the end the match ended in a draw, the players can hold their heads high.
Gap between both teams was always in MF. Once Italy wrested control of MF, England had to look to the strength of tactical organization to be able to compete.

Perhaps those players could've come in earlier but it still required MF control.

IMO this England team is on a trajectory to make the WC final.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:36 pm Southgate must shoulder the blame for this loss. Tried to play catenaccio against the country that invented it. Left fearsome attacking talent on the bench and used plodding donkeys to try to deny Italia, who attacked like lions all game. Italia deservedly won the trophy. Best team of the tournament! :clap: :clap: :clap:
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: