The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2021-22 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2021-22 Season

Post by Sleaky72 »

tolahs wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:04 pm If we had an awesome unbreachable Midfield supported by a consistent backline all led by frontline full of nightmares for opponents, i would understand the constant to & fro about Leno & Emi.
Emi had been on a few loans while with us, no team seemed eager to buy. That counts cos when he'd a breakout period with Leno out injured, there weren't enough games to make the decision to bench Leno. Emi didn't back himself by staying at the club to prove a point - he sought a starting spot elsewhere - Why did Petr Čech - Chelsea's technical and performance advisor who'd 1st view of Emi's work ethic & capabilities not jump on the opportunity to get him at a time they were looking to get a new GK? I suggest dude hadn't been on top form long enough - you do that over 2 seasons & he fetches 50m quid in the transfer market.
German Gks like the Nordics were always seen as quicker to adjust to the physicality of the EPL & frequent aerial assaults - If Leno's failing in that regard after this many seasons in - you gotta look to our GK coaching team
---------------------
Emi & Petr:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -side.html
-------------------------------
Emi gets dem funky games sometimes:

"Emi Martinez, 5
MARTINEZ WON'T BE TOO HAPPY WITH HOW THE BALL FLEW UNDERNEATH HIM FOR DENNIS' OPENER WITH PERHAPS HIS VIEW OBSTRUCTED. MARTINEZ STAYED AWARE TO CLAIM POT-SHOTS FROM DISTANCE, WHILE HE COULDN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT WATFORD'S SECOND AS SARR'S STRIKE LOOPED OFF MINGS AND INTO THE FAR CORNER. MARTINEZ WAS ALERT TO SAVE DENNIS' EFFORT AFTER THE BREAK. AGAIN, HE COULDN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT HERNANDEZ'S SUBLIME STRIKE WHICH PUT THE GAME OUT OF REACH"

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/ ... d-21305926
--------------------------------------------------------
Emiliano Martinez (5/10): THE ARGENTINE GOALIE CONCEDED THREE GOALS AND WASN’T AT HIS BEST. HE MADE A FEW ERRORS, WHICH COST HIS SIDE THE GAME.

https://firstsportz.com/premier-league- ... r-ratings/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

This guy is an unwitting comedian :rotf: :rotf:
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:20 pm TOTTENHAM beating the sh11t out of City and Arsenal stuffed and humiliated by Brentford!

LEVELS!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Not even the best team in your neighborhood anymore :lol: :lol:
DD leave us o .why you come dey do like big porkey dey enter our thread come yab us ? Leave us biko
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

:taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Arteta leaving will not solve our problems. The job is an impossible one without the funds.

In Vinai we have a CEO with no previous experience in the role.

In Edu we have a tech director with no experience in such a role in Europe and limited experience at Corinthians.

In Arteta we have a Manager with no experience in such a role.

In Josh Kroenke we have a General Manager with no previous experience in the role.

These are the most senior positions at the club.

Those who think Arteta leaving will solve our problems should think again.

Yes. Arteta has major failings, all mainly due from his lack of experience. But Arsenal as a club right is a complete and total mess.

But we are back at the Emirates and Keoenke will face the wrath of the fans. Sadly, Arteta and his players will get it first.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:38 am Arteta leaving will not solve our problems. The job is an impossible one without the funds.

Cool story bro. 50m pounds on an almost relegated defender and 70m on a winger from Ligue 1 and you are still peddling that storyline of no funds. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Unfortunately, the natives will gather around your lap with their tongues flapping yet again. For a man who controls the Arsenal fan base on Cybereagles and have them at your mercy, you have a responsibility to lead them to the truth!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Wow so Arteta is still in the job?How long will they wait beofre letting him go?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:23 am
Waffiman wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:38 am Arteta leaving will not solve our problems. The job is an impossible one without the funds.

Cool story bro. 50m pounds on an almost relegated defender and 70m on a winger from Ligue 1 and you are still peddling that storyline of no funds. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Unfortunately, the natives will gather around your lap with their tongues flapping yet again. For a man who controls the Arsenal fan base on Cybereagles and have them at your mercy, you have a responsibility to lead them to the truth!

Nooo DD I am your follower like Kaji shake shake ..we your followers believe its your curse on Arsenal that is working and as soon as you reverse it our fortunes will change.

Abi is that not what you want the natives to beleive abi ? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Original trouble maker make i go curse one Delta united :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

:rotf: :rotf:
Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:03 pm @Thelastone:
Hope you just watched ALLAN ST.Max.
Remember when I mentioned Arsenal should make a bid for a true electric winger like him and throw in Pepe for the Willock sale?
You should have seen what he just did to west ham to create the opening goal.
Sleak, I get what you’re saying about St. Maximin. He is an exciting winger no doubt. But for all his trickery and hustle, I just fail to see enough end product
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

kajifu wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:32 am Wow so Arteta is still in the job?How long will they wait beofre letting him go?
Like Waffi stated, he bears some responsibility.

Our No. 1 problem is the owner!
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Emery thst was sacked at Arsenal led his team to win the Europa League. Here we are still talking about sacking the manager

Hmmm
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

You raise some good points. Is the problem really Kroenke? Or is it the middle management - director of football, manager, scouts etc. Arsenal have a bigger wage budget than most teams and a very good youth structure (last I checked). They shouldn't be in this position.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:01 pm

You raise some good points. Is the problem really Kroenke? Or is it the middle management - director of football, manager, scouts etc. Arsenal have a bigger wage budget than most teams and a very good youth structure (last I checked). They shouldn't be in this position.
Their biggest problem is the strategy! Their transfers this summer just told me everything I need to know about their DoF (Edu) and his team. I have touched on it before, so wouldnt go into it much. Its Covid season, and you spend millions on a child - Lokonga, when that money could be used on a serious CM who will impact the team. You spend 50m on a defender who wasnt even in the top 2 CBs at Brighton and you make him your starting CB???!!! Do you realize that this kid was not even the best or second to best CB in a team that almost got relegated last year? Xhaka is clearly struggling to "give" to Arsenal. He is a very very good player, but for some reason, he cannot perform for you. Rather than move him off, you give him a contract extension with a pay increase. Aubameyang was approaching 30, rather than cash in on his a55 and reinvest wisely, you gave him 300k per week! You had a top goalkeeper and you sold him because he wasnt glamorous enough. Now you want to spend more to buy a div 2 goalkeeper who has been relegated 2 times in a row.

Their DoF is not serious! Give me half of the money he has spent and I will take Arsenal to compete for top 4. They have zero direction! They have this idea thatv if you buy "young players with sexy names," thats all that matters.

I am not even going to waste time on Arteta, who frankly may be "good," but its clear that he is not half as good as his "competition." You are asking a backyard assistant who was responsible for carrying ball in training and reviewing videos to compete with one of the greatest football coaches of all time, Pep, with some of the best in the world -- Klopp, Tuchel etc etc etc... good luck with that! lol.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:43 am

Nooo DD I am your follower like Kaji shake shake ..we your followers believe its your curse on Arsenal that is working and as soon as you reverse it our fortunes will change.

Abi is that not what you want the natives to beleive abi ? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Original trouble maker make i go curse one Delta united :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Oh boy, tell diokpa Azuzu and the likes to come and apologize and I will release my grip! :rotf: :rotf:

By the way, has anyone heard from Nnayi Diokpa Azuzu since friday? The man has gone missing since the results came in. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

cchinukw wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:55 am Like Waffi stated, he bears some responsibility.

Look what's happening around you. If things go to plan, Arsenal will face Lukaku and Kane playing for Chelsea and City. There are levels. We are now way behind this level.

We dropped off competing with the oil sugar daddy clubs, because we had a plan to compete later on. But we were still ahead of the next 2 levels of clubs. Indeed we were ahead of the rest except Chelsea, Liverpool and City. Tottenham with their huge stadium cost were always doomed. So they don't count

The next level of that pack (Leicester, West Ham, Everton etc) have caught up and left us behind. We are now competing with mid table mediocrity and planning like mid table mediocrity. What is worrying is, we are worse at planning than the Brightons and Crystal Palaces of the league.

Arsenal long term Emirates plan was to be able to compete. It is why those sacrifices were made. The club had a financial plan for being 3 years without CL money. But those who took charge were/are out of their depth. I have highlighted the main reason.

Wenger left just over £300m in the cash reserves, it is all gone. It was put in wrong hands. We often talk about purchases, but we made sales to balance the books. When the Kroenke's decided to start meddling in player recruitment, from whenever, the club was done.

Today, we should be using our size to muscle top players because we had turned the corner financially had money put away to compete proper. But today the Owner has lumbered the club with huge debt, trying to hide the fact that he is taking money out of the club by refinancing what was left of the Emirates project debt.

The good thing is those of us going to the Emirates have started our campaign to force him out. It is the only reason, I renewed my Season Ticket. I am not really interested in the football. I want to be a part of the campaign to force him out, no matter how vicious it gets. We will succeed because more and more fans are getting fed up with the Owner.

The next game against Chelsea will be interesting. If the team are rubbish, Arteta will be slaughtered. But the Owner will come into supporters thinking.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cristao II wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:01 pm You raise some good points. Is the problem really Kroenke? Or is it the middle management - director of football, manager, scouts etc. Arsenal have a bigger wage budget than most teams and a very good youth structure (last I checked). They shouldn't be in this position.
I don't waste time with people who yab on about what they know nothing about. Empty vessels make the most sound. I got no time for noise makers.

I am a Gooner, I am not like the noise makers here who are not Gooners. I analyse with numbers both financial, because cash runs this game, and metrics from players output on the pitch.

The youth structure was inherited and it is being decimated with cuts

Any management who has a clue should have a plan for losing someone who made them relevant for years with little or no resources. This is at the heart of the matter. Have a look at Leicester, they now employ 8 of the staff Josh Kroenke fired from Arsenal.

But the Owner placed his son in charge. It like giving a Ferrari to someone who has had 2 driving lessons. The son went on a disastrous cost cutting drive that exposed his inexperience and idiocy. I have talked here about a few.

Another example, Arsenal were known as the fittest team. Teams for years tried to follow and copy our fitness blueprint. The Aussie who was our fitness guru was let go by Josh Kroenke because he said he was too expensive, and refused to renew his contract. Liverpool gave him a pay rise and got him.

Josh went and got fitness guys from the NFL for cheaper wages, six months later, you had our players going elsewhere to do fitness routines behind the club's back, with consequences. He fired them, only to return with another two from the NFL. We all know how it went for the club.

Arteta took over and ignored the fitness people completely, he also ignored the analytics people Josh brought in from America. Demanding the cameras for analytics cut from the stadium and trading ground Josh cut to save cost, whilst his father's company charges the club £4m annually for analytics, be returned. He can't do everything.

The same Josh was in charge when Raul Sanhelli allegedly paid £22m to intermediaries for the Pepe deal. The father did not want to investigate until the French authorities got involve for tax reasons.

This is football, people talk but they do it carefully. Today, they make employees sign all sorts of non disclosure contracts on you before you work for the club but the place is under staffed, and not a nice place to work.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:17 pm
cchinukw wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:55 am Like Waffi stated, he bears some responsibility.

Look what's happening around you. If things go to plan, Arsenal will face Lukaku and Kane playing for Chelsea and City. There are levels. We are now way behind this level.

We dropped off competing with the oil sugar daddy clubs, because we had a plan to compete later on. But we were still ahead of the next 2 levels of clubs. Indeed we were ahead of the rest except Chelsea, Liverpool and City. Tottenham with their huge stadium cost were always doomed. So they don't count

The next level of that pack (Leicester, West Ham, Everton etc) have caught up and left us behind. We are now competing with mid table mediocrity and planning like mid table mediocrity. What is worrying is, we are worse at planning than the Brightons and Crystal Palaces of the league.

Arsenal long term Emirates plan was to be able to compete. It is why those sacrifices were made. The club had a financial plan for being 3 years without CL money. But those who took charge were/are out of their depth. I have highlighted the main reason.

Wenger left just over £300m in the cash reserves, it is all gone. It was put in wrong hands. We often talk about purchases, but we made sales to balance the books. When the Kroenke's decided to start meddling in player recruitment, from whenever, the club was done.

Today, we should be using our size to muscle top players because we had turned the corner financially had money put away to compete proper. But today the Owner has lumbered the club with huge debt, trying to hide the fact that he is taking money out of the club by refinancing what was left of the Emirates project debt.

The good thing is those of us going to the Emirates have started our campaign to force him out. It is the only reason, I renewed my Season Ticket. I am not really interested in the football. I want to be a part of the campaign to force him out, no matter how vicious it gets. We will succeed because more and more fans are getting fed up with the Owner.

The next game against Chelsea will be interesting. If the team are rubbish, Arteta will be slaughtered. But the Owner will come into supporters thinking.
Good luck with that...

Kroenke is a different cat from Hicks and Gillette..
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Here is a fact. Nothing wrong with Auba and Laca, their people in Twitter have confirmed this.

But we know they have had a show down with Arteta. They even went to higher management to ask why they think the methods that failed last season will win this season?

So come the first game of the season, we play a kid from the Academy as a starter against harden old pros because of the Manager's ego and inexperience.

Players question Managers all the time, it is part of the game. Managers must convince them his methods will work, he has to sell it to them. It is part of the game. But Arteta sees this as an affront to his authority, becomes defensive hurting the team.

This time around, he the fans at the stadium. He won't last.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:53 pm

Good luck with that...

You are spot on. We are ready for a long attrition, guerrilla fight. The protests are getting better organised with more and more support joining in.

Ultimately, we will have to stop spending our money. We know it will come, so we are already discussing these possibilities.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:01 pm

Good luck with that...

You are spot on. We are ready for a long attrition, guerrilla fight. The protests are getting better organised with more and more support joining in.

Ultimately, we will have to stop spending our money[\b]. We know it will come, so we are already discussing these possibilities.

...why did you renew your season ticket?? That's the problem with the AFC fanbase, after a couple of wins, they go back to buying shirts and spending money....

I have been saying this from day one, until the fans get serious nothing will change...This is the time to put pressure on the owner to sell NOW
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

MAGA DON PAY AGAIN! :clap: :clap:

I WARNED THEM ABOUT FLAMINI, I WARNED THEM ABOUT OZIL AND I WARNED THEM ABOUT AUBAMEYANG!

How stupid can you be to give a player a huge bump in salary based on his performance the season before? This is a timeless fraud perpetuated by footballers! When they want a pay increase, they play out of the world for that last season to swindle you and clubs keep falling for it.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This, right here, is the problem! And so what?????!! Seriously, and so what??!! You do NOT need to compete financially to compete on the pitch!

Lille just won Ligue 1 last season!
small club Atalanta has been qualifying for CL with ease!

What you need in this type of climate is strategy. Knowing where your capacity is and how to maximize it! You spent 50m pounds on a relegation player who was not better than Brighton's Dunk or Webber. That 50m would have given you Zouma and Milenkovic. Or would have given you Romero.

I told you before, these fans here sit on your lap and beg you to squeeze juice on their tongue! They look up to you and some of them worship you. They yearn for your knowledge and some of them have even crossed the Atlantic to go greet you in London, out of love and reverence! To put it mildly, you are their CyberDaddy!

You have a responsibility Sir! To whom much is given, much is expected!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gooner1 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:22 pm
Waffiman wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:01 pm

Good luck with that...

Ultimately, we will have to stop spending our money[\b]. We know it will come, so we are already discussing these possibilities.

...why did you renew your season ticket?? That's the problem with the AFC fanbase, after a couple of wins, they go back to buying shirts and spending money....

I have been saying this from day one, until the fans get serious nothing will change...This is the time to put pressure on the owner to sell NOW

It is a process that we all know will take time. The club has not sold out its Season ticket allocation since we moved to the Emirates stadium. But many Red members who have been on the waiting list took up the option. In time, when stadium become empty, there will be a squeeze.

Arsenal do not need a sugar daddy, we do not need to spend like Chelsea or City if properly run. We just need the finances generated by the club to compete. We have taken steps to do this but unfortunately, the club is now in wrong hands. We all know that with the right people, our superior resources plus the fact that it is a traditional big club in England, we are now in position to compete. But the Owner is crippling everything.

This is a long fight, and the Owner's record gives us reasons to believe we will eventually force him out.