The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2021-22 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2021-22 Season

Post by danfo driver »

azuka wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:34 am
danfo driver wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:26 am
azuka wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:18 am
danfo driver wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:01 am Diokpa, igwe ka ni!

I see you have returned, after 3 days of cooling down and possibly alcoholic drowning. Odiegwu! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Abeg e reach now.
:woot: :woot: You have taken the first step to beg for mercy! This is the first step towards redemption! :clap:

Last year, I told you that you will kneel before me and you doubted it... fought back with defiance! This new somber tone, can only take you in the right direction, Diokpa! Once the rest of your klan are all on bended knees and plead for forgiveness, I will release my grip! But we are on the right direction now. :taunt: :taunt: :D
Beg for which mercy for what or from whom now? I no blame you na Edu + Arteta i blame?

You will bend those knees! last year, you were twerking and i tried to advise you. :taunt: By the time I am finished with your club, you will see Oba! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:57 am Rubble. Ruin. So dark the con of fan.
LOL. this incoherent literature mumu still dey walk around this forum like craze man?! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:39 am

I see you have returned, after 3 days of cooling down and possibly alcoholic drowning. Odiegwu! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Abeg e reach now.
:woot: :woot: You have taken the first step to beg for mercy! This is the first step towards redemption! :clap:

Last year, I told you that you will kneel before me and you doubted it... fought back with defiance! This new somber tone, can only take you in the right direction, Diokpa! Once the rest of your klan are all on bended knees and plead for forgiveness, I will release my grip! But we are on the right direction now. :taunt: :taunt: :D
Beg for which mercy for what or from whom now? I no blame you na Edu + Arteta i blame?

You will bend those knees! last year, you were twerking and i tried to advise you. :taunt: By the time I am finished with your club, you will see Oba! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
It's a free world so keep dreaming. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Waffiman wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:38 am Arteta leaving will not solve our problems. The job is an impossible one without the funds.

In Vinai we have a CEO with no previous experience in the role.

In Edu we have a tech director with no experience in such a role in Europe and limited experience at Corinthians.

In Arteta we have a Manager with no experience in such a role.

In Josh Kroenke we have a General Manager with no previous experience in the role.

These are the most senior positions at the club.

Those who think Arteta leaving will solve our problems should think again.

Yes. Arteta has major failings, all mainly due from his lack of experience. But Arsenal as a club right is a complete and total mess.

But we are back at the Emirates and Keoenke will face the wrath of the fans. Sadly, Arteta and his players will get it first.
You’re absolutely right that Arteta leaving/sacked will not solve our problem, but he still needs to be sacked. He’s adding to the huge problems we already have.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

azuka wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:21 am
danfo driver wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:39 am

Abeg e reach now.

It's a free world so keep dreaming. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Nnayi Diokpa, Igwe kani! :D make we bet now? Or are you still afraid to bet? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

It’s so Arsenal lol.
Xhaka was reportedly willing to take a pay cut just to leave Arsenal. Yet neither Roma or any other deemed him worthy of more than transfer league pocket change.
What does Arsenal do? Reward a divisive player that’s emblematic
of their current rut with a pay rise and hand him the captains arm band … I’m sure those fans he cursed out and slammed his shirt at during a meltdown at the Emirates will forget this when the team next suits up @ home.

The funny thing was that he was on his way out to Germany for 20 mill plus and Arteta said no. Now half that amount was offered for him and once again the club said no. With the pay increase they will have to pay him to leave in a couple of years. Mark my words.

Mikel Mikel, you had such a chance 2 set the reset button and hand the armband to Tierney, who is a leader and sets an example on the field. Oh well the Arteta death spiral is building momentum …. What is this man not seeing.

Maybe by now all the bitter humans who were so disgusting towards Unai Emery will do a rethink and repent of their wicked ways :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sleaky72 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:16 pm It’s so Arsenal lol.
Xhaka was reportedly willing to take a pay cut just to leave Arsenal. Yet neither Roma or any other deemed worthy of more
than transfer league pocket change.
of their current rut with a pay rise and hand him the captains arm band … I’m sure those fans he cursed out and slammed his shirt at during a meltdown at the Emirates will forget this when the team next suits up @ home.

Mikel Mikel, you had such a chance 2 set the reset button and hand the armband to Tierney, who is a leader and sets an example on the field. Oh well the Arteta death spiral is building momentum …. What is this man not seeing.

Maybe by now all the bitter humans who were so disgusting towards Unai Emery will do a rethink and repent of their wicked ways :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Sleaky72 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:16 pm It’s so Arsenal lol.
Xhaka was reportedly willing to take a pay cut just to leave Arsenal. Yet neither Roma or any other deemed him worthy of more than transfer league pocket change.

The funny thing was that he was on his way out to Germany for 20 mill plus and Arteta said no. Now half that amount was offered for him and once again the club said no. With the pay increase they will have to pay him to leave in a couple of years. Mark my words.

i guess you train with the players so you know who is divisive left and right., The truth is you are the divisive one... always ranting , crying, complaining etc. They aren't spending your money. My goodness it isn't that serious
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

It seems the club have not given up on their pursuit of Ramsdale and Odegaard. Looks like no one is going after Houseem Aouar any more. He really should’ve made that move last summer when he was hot property
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Thelastoneleft wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:28 am
Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:03 pm @Thelastone:
Hope you just watched ALLAN ST.Max.
Remember when I mentioned Arsenal should make a bid for a true electric winger like him and throw in Pepe for the Willock sale?
You should have seen what he just did to west ham to create the opening goal.
Sleak, I get what you’re saying about St. Maximin. He is an exciting winger no doubt. But for all his trickery and hustle, I just fail to see enough end product

@TLO,
Bruv, I can assure that it wasn’t a “call out” but rather a “point out”. When you share the frustration that many Gooners share when they see Pepe trip over himself, flatter to deceive and generally fail to convince, you tend to look at other teams and see what an impact winger can do.
I’ve watched the young lad for a couple of seasons and he is improving with more game time. Covid really did him in last season. Even Ismailia Sarr for WATFORD is making a buzz but Pele just seems mired in inconsistency and mediocrity. And that’s why I was saying we could’ve leveraged him with Willock to get ASM.
Just a little thought.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Waffiman wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:17 pm
cchinukw wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:55 am Like Waffi stated, he bears some responsibility.

Our No. 1 problem is the owner!
Look what's happening around you. If things go to plan, Arsenal will face Lukaku and Kane playing for Chelsea and City. There are levels. We are now way behind this level.

We dropped off competing with the oil sugar daddy clubs, because we had a plan to compete later on. But we were still ahead of the next 2 levels of clubs. Indeed we were ahead of the rest except Chelsea, Liverpool and City. Tottenham with their huge stadium cost were always doomed. So they don't count

The next level of that pack (Leicester, West Ham, Everton etc) have caught up and left us behind. We are now competing with mid table mediocrity and planning like mid table mediocrity. What is worrying is, we are worse at planning than the Brightons and Crystal Palaces of the league.

Arsenal long term Emirates plan was to be able to compete. It is why those sacrifices were made. The club had a financial plan for being 3 years without CL money. But those who took charge were/are out of their depth. I have highlighted the main reason.

Wenger left just over £300m in the cash reserves, it is all gone. It was put in wrong hands. We often talk about purchases, but we made sales to balance the books. When the Kroenke's decided to start meddling in player recruitment, from whenever, the club was done.

Today, we should be using our size to muscle top players because we had turned the corner financially had money put away to compete proper. But today the Owner has lumbered the club with huge debt, trying to hide the fact that he is taking money out of the club by refinancing what was left of the Emirates project debt.

The good thing is those of us going to the Emirates have started our campaign to force him out. It is the only reason, I renewed my Season Ticket. I am not really interested in the football. I want to be a part of the campaign to force him out, no matter how vicious it gets. We will succeed because more and more fans are getting fed up with the Owner.

The next game against Chelsea will be interesting. If the team are rubbish, Arteta will be slaughtered. But the Owner will come into supporters thinking.
Totally in agreement!

I couldn't care less anymore until devious Stan leaves with his baggage.

We need a new owner with fresh ideas. Most importantly a fan at heart like Abrahamovic.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:06 pm MAGA DON PAY AGAIN! :clap: :clap:

I WARNED THEM ABOUT FLAMINI, I WARNED THEM ABOUT OZIL AND I WARNED THEM ABOUT AUBAMEYANG!

How stupid can you be to give a player a huge bump in salary based on his performance the season before? This is a timeless fraud perpetuated by footballers! When they want a pay increase, they play out of the world for that last season to swindle you and clubs keep falling for it.

It is evident that all is not well with the ownership and management structure which is clearly affecting results on the ground.

I'm ready though for Arsenal to finish in a far worse position until that cretin vacates as owner.

Make una keep the yabs coming. I ready kampe 8-) :thumbs:

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

I can’t get over west yam smashing the supposedly revamped youth team 6 - 1 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Which means all the firing and shaking did the youth setup worse ? Abeg make una help me answer o
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Fabrizio Romano and David Ornstein reporting Arsenal are in deep negotiations with Madrid over Odegaard.
The lad was playing well until he got that ankle Injury so we shall see. If we didn’t spend money on Ben White, and bought Odegaard and Bissouma, while giving Saliba a run out through preseason, I guarantee the mood and outlook at the Emirates would have been much brighter.
Let’s hope the guys on top know what they are doing
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:22 pm

Their biggest problem is the strategy! Their transfers this summer just told me everything I need to know about their DoF (Edu) and his team. I have touched on it before, so wouldnt go into it much. Its Covid season, and you spend millions on a child - Lokonga, when that money could be used on a serious CM who will impact the team. You spend 50m on a defender who wasnt even in the top 2 CBs at Brighton and you make him your starting CB???!!! Do you realize that this kid was not even the best or second to best CB in a team that almost got relegated last year? Xhaka is clearly struggling to "give" to Arsenal. He is a very very good player, but for some reason, he cannot perform for you. Rather than move him off, you give him a contract extension with a pay increase. Aubameyang was approaching 30, rather than cash in on his a55 and reinvest wisely, you gave him 300k per week! You had a top goalkeeper and you sold him because he wasnt glamorous enough. Now you want to spend more to buy a div 2 goalkeeper who has been relegated 2 times in a row.

Their DoF is not serious! Give me half of the money he has spent and I will take Arsenal to compete for top 4. They have zero direction! They have this idea thatv if you buy "young players with sexy names," thats all that matters.

I am not even going to waste time on Arteta, who frankly may be "good," but its clear that he is not half as good as his "competition." You are asking a backyard assistant who was responsible for carrying ball in training and reviewing videos to compete with one of the greatest football coaches of all time, Pep, with some of the best in the world -- Klopp, Tuchel etc etc etc... good luck with that! lol.
Mr. Man stop. Many of us fans here agreed with every point you made. I disagree on on Lokonga though (£15m on a talented 21 year old is good money).
72m on Pepe. I was like are we crazy.
50m on White. shoot me already
Emi/Leno/Runnarson and now about to waste 25m on the position. This is sackable offense.
Renewing Xhaka + raise. are you kidding me?
Willian/Cedric/Mari?? Why Just why?

Look stop chastising us. We gooner fans on here (except a few dundeeheads) were very very against many of these moves. But what can we do we do when Edu + Arteta keep bumbling about.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

amafolas wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:01 pm

Their biggest problem is the strategy! Their transfers this summer just told me everything I need to know about their DoF (Edu) and his team. I have touched on it before, so wouldnt go into it much. Its Covid season, and you spend millions on a child - Lokonga, when that money could be used on a serious CM who will impact the team. You spend 50m on a defender who wasnt even in the top 2 CBs at Brighton and you make him your starting CB???!!! Do you realize that this kid was not even the best or second to best CB in a team that almost got relegated last year? Xhaka is clearly struggling to "give" to Arsenal. He is a very very good player, but for some reason, he cannot perform for you. Rather than move him off, you give him a contract extension with a pay increase. Aubameyang was approaching 30, rather than cash in on his a55 and reinvest wisely, you gave him 300k per week! You had a top goalkeeper and you sold him because he wasnt glamorous enough. Now you want to spend more to buy a div 2 goalkeeper who has been relegated 2 times in a row.

Their DoF is not serious! Give me half of the money he has spent and I will take Arsenal to compete for top 4. They have zero direction! They have this idea thatv if you buy "young players with sexy names," thats all that matters.

I am not even going to waste time on Arteta, who frankly may be "good," but its clear that he is not half as good as his "competition." You are asking a backyard assistant who was responsible for carrying ball in training and reviewing videos to compete with one of the greatest football coaches of all time, Pep, with some of the best in the world -- Klopp, Tuchel etc etc etc... good luck with that! lol.
Mr. Man stop. Many of us fans here agreed with every point you made. I disagree on on Lokonga though (£15m on a talented 21 year old is good money).
Emi/Leno/Runnarson and now about to waste 25m on the position. This is sackable offense.

Look stop chastising us. We gooner fans on here (except a few dundeeheads) were very very against many of these moves. But what can we do we do when Edu + Arteta keep bumbling about.
15m on a talented 21 year old is a fantastic deal (and he may turn out to become a fantastic player in the future).

However, 15m on a talented 21 year old child when the club is crumbling and the team is so unstable that one injury to Partey means that the talented 21 year old has to carry the team, is a terrible decision. Your squad is not strong enough to accommodate talented children. Weird sentence, but think about the likes of Holding, Chambers, Nketia, Saliba (to a point) and even now White. These kids need a stable ground, where they will take their time to ripen and blow! With your instability, they are demanded to take control and that pressure crushes them.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Sleaky72 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:35 pm Fabrizio Romano and David Ornstein reporting Arsenal are in deep negotiations with Madrid over Odegaard.
The lad was playing well until he got that ankle Injury so we shall see. If we didn’t spend money on Ben White, and bought Odegaard and Bissouma, while giving Saliba a run out through preseason, I guarantee the mood and outlook at the Emirates would have been much brighter.
Let’s hope the guys on top know what they are doing
makes way too much sense. The lego-haired fraud wants to be Pep so bad. He has to buy for every position.
Ode + Bissouma + Lokonga (will still buy him).
Keep Emi last season, sell Leno. Buy some cheap back up like Ryan. Promote a kid as 3rd choice.
Trade Laca in this summer. (basically a salary dump, take whatever someone will offer for him)
Buy some young forward. I will have gone even for Tammy at 35m. Send Flo on loan
Find a good RB, doesn't have to be excellent, just good, athletic and serviceable.
roll with Saliba/Holding/Gabriel/Mari/Chambers in CB
(stupid reddit arsenal fans think Tammy at 35m is a bad deal, but they are okay with 50m on Ben "Vermalen wannabe" White. )
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:12 pm
amafolas wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:01 pm

15m on a talented 21 year old is a fantastic deal (and he may turn out to become a fantastic player in the future).

However, 15m on a talented 21 year old child when the club is crumbling and the team is so unstable that one injury to Partey means that the talented 21 year old has to carry the team, is a terrible decision. Your squad is not strong enough to accommodate talented children. Weird sentence, but think about the likes of Holding, Chambers, Nketia, Saliba (to a point) and even now White. These kids need a stable ground, where they will take their time to ripen and blow! With your instability, they are demanded to take control and that pressure crushes them.
I disagree. Maybe its carry-over from Wenger days. No matter what you do for the first team, there should always be room to splash a tiny bit on a talented youngster. Wenger did that year after year even in our brokest years. He still spent 3 to 8m bringing some talented foreign youngster in. 15m is a good price point in 2021 for such potential talent. It's a fee small enough that it wouldn't matter if we had actually handled the rest of our transfer business prudently (not wasting 50m on an overrated player in unneeded position, or wasting 25m on a position we had Emi for). Imagine we had taken that 50m white money, and put it towards a proper EPL ready midfielder like Bissouma or someone from another league that's cheaper.
Gunzilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Gunzilla »

Like i said on here like 3 seasons ago...it will get a lot worse till it gets better..We Gooners won the worst kind of lottery ! Got Kroenke that invested 0$ while the Agberos and Shitty got one that invested Billions :D :D . Until the Yanks leave..this is our lot ! Up the Goonerz ! :thumb: :thumb:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Gunzilla wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:21 pm Like i said on here like 3 seasons ago...it will get a lot worse till it gets better..We Gooners won the worst kind of lottery ! Got Kroenke that invested 0$ while the Agberos and Shitty got one that invested Billions :D :D . Until the Yanks leave..this is our lot ! Up the Goonerz ! :thumb: :thumb:
Gbam!

End of tori :thumbs:

Siddonlook mode activated.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

What Arsenal should have done this transfer window

Keep Saliba, still young, will cound has home grown.

Don't sign Ben White.

Sign a RB

Sign a back up GK for like 10 MP or on loan.

Sign an attacking midfielder

Sign two central midfielders
Sign a striker

Sell or loan out Xhaka, Chambers, Belerin, Ruunarsen, Guendouzi, Nkettiah, Torrera, Kolasinac,
Nelson, Balogun(loan), Willock
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

cchinukw wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:33 pm
Gunzilla wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:21 pm Like i said on here like 3 seasons ago...it will get a lot worse till it gets better..We Gooners won the worst kind of lottery ! Got Kroenke that invested 0$ while the Agberos and Shitty got one that invested Billions :D :D . Until the Yanks leave..this is our lot ! Up the Goonerz ! :thumb: :thumb:
Gbam!

End of tori :thumbs:

Siddonlook mode activated.
U go pay o…
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

I agree with those saying Arteta should not be sacked yet. Owners should be the first priority. If Arteta is sacked by the Kroenke/Edu disaster team, they are gonna higher an even more incompetent manager.