The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2021-22 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2021-22 Season

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:09 pm
Cristao II wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:06 pm Chelsea have built a galatico team. Money is good.
As great as he is and will be, the addition of Lukaku is overrated.

Not saying Lukaku is overrated or that he wont be devastating for them, I am saying that you guys are overrating his addition. I have seen a few things this half that shows me that he hasnt changed much.
He has not changed much, bút he will add 20 goals or more to the Chelsea haul. I think that is why they bought him.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Its really a big deal for me when a striker can get a ball from ANY teammate and the team mates have the confidence that that striker will not LOSE the ball.

Today we saw balls played to Martinelli, Saka , Auba and Pepe ( even ESR ) and their first touches gave the ball away or they got tackled . This is one key area we have to work on we have to figure out how to keep the ball and bring others into play.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:25 pm
pajimoh wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:15 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:12 pm Look at Arteta with his head bowed.
Even he knows he is a failure and in on over his head
Abeg stop ya quacking :rotf: He's supposed to be a rising star and the force behind Pep the Skunk, when he was appointed. :taunt:

I see Dame Chicken Heart that you’ve finally popped ya head outta yer smelly burrow. It’s all good we will still revel in yer usual failures :taunt: :taunt:
After 20 years of frequenting this site daily and listening to people like you, one need to reasses priorities. Next step is to leave it all together, for the ones :D
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Arsenal...…. I am canceling my trip to London. I can't watch this team play. They are worse than last year! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

oloye wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:36 pm
Cristao II wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:06 pm Chelsea have built a galatico team. Money is good.

Not saying Lukaku is overrated or that he wont be devastating for them, I am saying that you guys are overrating his addition. I have seen a few things this half that shows me that he hasnt changed much.
He has not changed much, bút he will add 20 goals or more to the Chelsea haul. I think that is why they bought him.
He is lacking the aerial game but his back to goal play has actually improved. ...on the whole however yes not so much
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Arteta need to make more in game adjustments. Must have a plan B or C or D. Not just go with plan A.

Arsenal strikers need to do a better job holding up the play. How can Martineli not touch the ball for 30 minutes.

Smith Rowe need to work on his first touch and creating chances. Odegard should replace him in the starting 11. Smith Rowe
can play in the cup games.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Problem with Arteta is typical of young idealistic managers who want to play based on a set philosophy rather than the reality on the ground.

Arsenal are at least one year from being able to play Chelsea in the way he set up....

Contrast this game with ManU vs Southampton. Had to take two massive beat downs for Hasenhuttl to adjust his setup even while retaining some of his core principles...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Pop Corn - Check.
Good Seat - Check
Laptop on - Check

Waiting for AF 'Misery' TV :rotf:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:38 pm Its really a big deal for me when a striker can get a ball from ANY teammate and the team mates have the confidence that that striker will not LOSE the ball.

Today we saw balls played to Martinelli, Saka , Auba and Pepe ( even ESR ) and their first touches gave the ball away or they got tackled . This is one key area we have to work on we have to figure out how to keep the ball and bring others into play.
Laca is our best option for this
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:02 pm WHo will be Lukaku's Senderos?
2 words: Pablo Mari. … you called it 👍🏾
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

My uncle, your wisdom as always is on point. He doesn’t have to be half as good as Drogba. Just being himself and playing within himself improves this Chelsea team. If he stays healthy hopefully it keeps the team in the running for the league title throughout this season. Jorginho was this team’s top scorer with 7 pks. That puts things in perspective with respect to the potential usefulness of Lukaku.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

😂😂😂😂
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

green4life wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:37 pm

My uncle, your wisdom as always is on point. He doesn’t have to be half as good as Drogba. Just being himself and playing within himself improves this Chelsea team. If he stays healthy hopefully it keeps the team in the running for the league title throughout this season. Jorginho was this team’s top scorer with 7 pks. That puts things in perspective with respect to the potential usefulness of Lukaku.
At some point I was actually screaming, Lukaku has started again oh, when the ball started giving him the run around in his attempt to Brin it under control. But Lukaku will be Lukaku, he will bulldoze his way into. goals, that area he keeps improving.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

We will see how good Lukaku is against Liverpool
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Thats not why you pay 120 million for a player. You can spend 60 million on Vlahovic, if you are looking for someone to make Chelsea better and score more than 20 goals.

for 120m you are buying someone who will take you on a different level. Someone who will get on the pitch against the best and dominate the best!

Lukaku is a fantastic purchase for you and I expect 25 goals or so, because you guys create chances. It is just very disappointing seeing a 28 year old make the same mistakes he was making at 21.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:03 pm

At some point I was actually screaming, Lukaku has started again oh, when the ball started giving him the run around in his attempt to Brin it under control. But Lukaku will be Lukaku, he will bulldoze his way into. goals, that area he keeps improving.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:51 pm

Thats not why you pay 120 million for a player. You can spend 60 million on Vlahovic, if you are looking for someone to make Chelsea better and score more than 20 goals.

for 120m you are buying someone who will take you on a different level. Someone who will get on the pitch against the best and dominate the best!

Lukaku is a fantastic purchase for you and I expect 25 goals or so, because you guys create chances. It is just very disappointing seeing a 28 year old make the same mistakes he was making at 21.
My brother I get your point but it’s an ongoing process. This team won the CL last season without a striker not saying they will do so again this season but they have certain pieces in place. Last season their record against the top 6 was excellent whereas they struggled against the BHA, WBA, Aston Villa, Leeds, Southampton and Arsenal’s of the league. They bought him due to their ambition to win the league while remaining competitive in the CL competition. Lukaku not only gives the team more goals at CF but also potentially increases the output of attacking players around him simply by being a viable focal point for the attack. As his price, no player is worth the quoted prices (apart from Messi and Ronaldo in their prime). So it is what it is.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

name strikers other than Lewa, Kane or Halaand better than Lukaku...dude is not the same player when he was at united...seems many of you hardly watched Inter last season
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

it has been over 6 hours after the game, currently it is 7.57pm my time, I am actually going to wait in this thread to see how long it takes assanal CE spammers to show face after seeing Lukaku in their dreams
SuperEagles

Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

17 Burnley 2 -3 0
18 Newcastle 2 -4 0
19 Arsenal 2 -4 0
20 Norwich 2 -8 0

LEVELS
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

for the likes of Oloye and co
Lukaku began in perfect fashion, tapping in after just 14 minutes with his third touch of the game and celebrated by putting his finger to his lips. Only a superb save from Bernd Leno denied him a second, touching Lukaku's diving header onto the bar.

Overall, he completed 19 of his 20 passes against the Gunners and contested 15 duels, more than any other player.

this beatings really sweet my Belle
SuperEagles