Chielllini claims he put an Argentinian curse on Saka

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Chielllini claims he put an Argentinian curse on Saka

Post by Scipio Africanus »

to make him miss his PK.

So na Jazz wey Italia take beat England eh?? :rotf: :rotf:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... nalty.html
Giorgio Chiellini has claimed he put a curse on Bukayo Saka before the teenage England star missed the decisive penalty that saw Italy win Euro 2020.

Saka was left heartbroken after seeing his spot-kick palmed out by Gianluigi Donnarumma, ending the Three Lions' stellar campaign in the cruellest of fashions at Wembley.

But Italy defender Chiellini, who is no stranger to using every trick in the book during games, has now revealed that he uttered the word 'Kiricocho' just as Saka stepped up to take his penalty.

Slow motion footage of the Italian players during the moment Donnarumma clinched them the trophy shows Chiellini, 36, mouthing the word, before racing away to celebrate.

'Kiricocho' is a term that originates from South America, and is believed to translate into English as 'curse you' or 'jinx'.

It has truly bizarre origins, with the word taking its name from a supporter of Estudiantes in Argentina during the 1980s. The fan would attend training, but his appearances would coincide with the team's stars picking up injuries.

Carlos Bilardo, the club's superstitious manager, then asked Kiricocho to attend matches to put a 'hex' on their opponents.

The team subsequently lost just once that season - on the only occasion that the supporter didn't attend.

The story of the curse spread across the Spanish-speaking football world and the word has been seen to be uttered by players in key moments of matches in Europe.

Spain's Joan Capdevila claims he shouted it to lead to Arjen Robben missing a one-on-one chance in the 2010 World Cup final, while Erling Haaland recently roared back at a goalkeeper who tried to put him off by chanting 'Kiricocho'.

Chiellini was quizzed on whether or not he used the curse by ESPN Argentina, and the veteran promptly owned up with a wry smile on his face.

'Ciao, Cristiano,' he told a reporter. 'I confirm everything to you. Kiricocho!'

Saka proved difficult to handle for Chiellini after being brought on during the second half, and even forced the centre back to crudely tug back his shirt to stop him from racing away towards the box.

Sportsmail has reported how England's players were left shocked by Gareth Southgate's decision to hand Saka, 19, the responsibility of taking the crucial fifth penalty in the tense shootout.

Despite initially being viewed as a 'borderline' candidate to make the final squad for the tournament, Saka was handed the burden because of his superb conversion rate at the end of training sessions.

His team-mates rallied around to console him after the chastening miss, but they were also surprised that a teenager was placed in the position to decide the outcome of England's biggest match in 55 years.

Saka's only experience with penalties came in youth-level ties, but Southgate's choice was made using the results of practice efforts, which were all logged.

The emotions couldn't have been more contrasting after the final whistle, with Chiellini lauding Italy for 'making history' with their triumph.

'It was a tough game. We started in the worst way possible with England scoring after two minutes,' the Juventus man admitted.

'Difficult for us with all the fans in the stadium giving them energy to win. But we were quiet and calm, which was important.

'Then we started to play, play, play. We found the right pass, we found the right shot. This is the way to win.'

He went on to add: 'It's a dream come true. It's unbelievable. We felt some magic at the start of the competition and it's grown day by day.

'We feel inside to come in Wembley, it's too difficult but I'm so happy, more than happy. We've seen the image of (Fabio) Cannavaro and now we are lucky altogether.'

Wha choo looking at?!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chielllini claims he put an Argentinian curse on Saka

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:57 pm to make him miss his PK.

So na Jazz wey Italia take beat England eh?? :rotf: :rotf:
:D :D :taunt:
And awa "scientist" dey tell us say jazz no dey work. :D :taunt:

Anyway, it was a VERY BAD IDEA for Southgate to ask Saka--or Sancho--to play the last penalties in such a pressure-cooker of a game. That's when the juju started, when an Italian dibia put it in Southgate's mind that it would be a brilliant masterstroke to get unknowns like Saka and Jadon to take the last penalties. It must have made sense at the time of the decision, even seemed like a brilliant idea to go with unknowns--I am sure that the Italian goalkeeping coaches pored over video of all the known potential English penalty takers, and Donnarumma was made well aware of which direction they like to go. But teory and full-pressure reality na different tins.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this is one of the most unintelligent threads i have read all year, so nah juju dey score penalty ..my goodness this is pure madness :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:25 am this is one of the most unintelligent threads i have read all year, so nah juju dey score penalty ..my goodness this is pure madness :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
:rotf: :rotf:
This man. You no sabi when pipul dey nak yokes? Relax and enjoy yokes ma fren. :D
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohsee wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:10 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:25 am this is one of the most unintelligent threads i have read all year, so nah juju dey score penalty ..my goodness this is pure madness :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
This man. You no sabi when pipul dey nak yokes? Relax and enjoy yokes ma fren. :D
How can he relax when di cruise missiles wey I land on him empty oblong head yestaday still dey pain am. :rotf: :rotf:

It is like asking .. Shaniquanon :mrgreen: ... to relax. N'est pas possible. Too many painful blows received :mrgreen:
Last edited by Scipio Africanus on Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:28 am
Leave am. :rotf: :rotf: Di cruise missiles wey I land on him empty oblong head yestaday still dey pain am. :woot: :woot:
Scipio Africanus, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.
I am blocking you for a whole week.
SuperEagles

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:48 am
Leave am. :rotf: :rotf: Di cruise missiles wey I land on him empty oblong head yestaday still dey pain am. :woot: :woot:
Display this post.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Can you make that permanent? I go quench ooooooooooooooo!!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You really are Shaniquanon in disguise :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:33 am
Display this post.

Can you make that permanent? I go quench ooooooooooooooo!!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

you've been blocked, so i cannot see what you are posting, check back in 7 days. you've lost the privileges'
SuperEagles

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:40 am
Display this post.

you've been blocked, so i cannot see what you are posting, check back in 7 days. you've lost the privileges'
:lol:
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

Everybody saw the jazz Chiellini woozed Saka with, it was this:

Guy and England are going to be the butt of internet memes for some time..
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

ANC wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:40 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:40 am
Display this post.

:lol:
BigP na madman .....kai 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051