How Kevin de Bruyne Met His Wife 'Michele Lacroix'

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
aladebinary
Egg
Egg
How Kevin de Bruyne Met His Wife 'Michele Lacroix'

Post by aladebinary »

Kevin de Bruyne got married to his wife Michele Lacroix, a lady that originally comes from Genk, Belgium, and studied at the University of Hasselt.

She began dating the Manchester City midfield maestro in 2014 when he was playing for Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga. The 26-year-old is said to have worked as a hostess and promo girl for Prime Impressions in Hasselt.

De Bruyne has two young children, Mason and Rome, and his wife Michele Lacroix, whom he had gotten married in summer 2017.

It is reported that Michele Lacroix and Kevin de Bruyne met on social media, Twitter in particular when his wife Michele liked a tweet regarding a match when he was borrowed from Werder Bremen back in 2012-2013 season.

In The Players’ Tribune last year, De Bruyne revealed he met Lacroix after sliding into her DMs on Twitter, describing the situation as “embarrassing”.

“It started with a tweet. I only had a few thousand followers at the time, because I was still on loan at Werder Bremen. So I tweeted something about a match or whatever, and this pretty girl favorited it.

“I was single at the time, and my friend noticed it. So he said, ‘She looks like a nice girl, no? You should send her a message.’

“And I literally said to him, ‘No, no, no. Come on. People don’t like me. They don’t get me. She won’t respond.’

He wrote: “Everything changed then. But not just because of football. It was also because I had my (future) wife by my side.

“She helped me grow in ways that I’ve probably never expressed out loud — even to her. This is such an embarrassing story that I hesitate to tell it! But since I promised you honesty, then I guess I have to. And it’s pretty funny, anyway.

Source: https://sportrema.com/latest-news/kevin ... iful-wife/
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: How Kevin de Bruyne Met His Wife 'Michele Lacroix'

Post by balo »

A lot is happening on Twitter. But we won't know if it stays banned.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

When i first arrived in England, i was shocked at how many of the happy couples met.
Unthinkable stuff in our traditions.
But now it's becoming normal even amongst young black people, with social media on the rise, its mostly about image and looks on social media.

And the stories can be interesting as well
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

benteke wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:16 am When i first arrived in England, i was shocked at how many of the happy couples met.
But now it's becoming normal even amongst young black people, with social media on the rise, its mostly about image and looks on social media.

People have formed decades long friendships from this website, romantic relationships shouldn't be unthinkable when you consider that.
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

benteke wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:16 am When i first arrived in England, i was shocked at how many of the happy couples met.

I happen to know you arrived in England before Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. You touched down on these her Majesty's Isles when the Internet required dial up connection.

What exactly shocked you about how couples meet here? :D
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:29 pm

I happen to know you arrived in England before Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. You touched down on these her Majesty's Isles when the Internet required dial up connection.

Before Facebook, Twitter, etc, there were chat rooms, Yahoo Messenger, AOL Messenger etc.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

balo wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:07 pm
Chimurenga Rebel wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:29 pm

Before Facebook, Twitter, etc, there were chat rooms, Yahoo Messenger, AOL Messenger etc.

There were so many boards before the rise of social media. :D
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?