2021/2022 Spurs Season: PL - 4th; ECL - GP STG; FAC - RD 5; CC - SM

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v CHE [WK 5]

Post by green4life »

Its a Goal wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:50 pm Great game so far. End to end.
Sadly for Spurs, initial gra gra can only take you but so far. Once the limit is reached, quality takes over as we saw today. Only one team in London.... still
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The lean-faced coward don pick race! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: when are they playing their next match against a sh1t team in the Conference league? I expect Olofofo coaward to rear his ugly head. :rotf: :rotf:

Hopefully, Arsenal destroy them next week with the mark of the cowardly beast
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:10 pm
Sadly for Spurs, initial gra gra can only take you but so far. Once the limit is reached, quality takes over as we saw today. Only one team in London.... still
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: my brother, no be so e be for real life She go dey do shakara shakara, until the off pata to collect serious fooking! :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Cristao II wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:05 pm
Its a Goal wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:12 pm Kane has given up and has stopped running.
As said earlier, I would bench him. He has been a good servant but we have not helped ourselves by making him seem untouchable. We have done poorly in all the games Kane has played. Let's see the Arsenal match.
What should have been done is sell a player who clearly told you his heart is with another team. Sometimes in life, enforcing your contractual right is not in your best interest. That is what brings about reasonable settlements where both parties win. Kane should have been sold but Levy loves to remind all man that he is Oga kpata kpata.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:29 pm
Its a Goal wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:12 pm Kane has given up and has stopped running.
As said earlier, I would bench him. He has been a good servant but we have not helped ourselves by making him seem untouchable. We have done poorly in all the games Kane has played. Let's see the Arsenal match.
What should have been done is sell a player who clearly told you his heart is with another team. Sometimes in life, enforcing your contractual right is not in your best interest. That is what brings about reasonable settlements where both parties win. Kane should have been sold but Levy loves to remind all man that he is Oga kpata kpata.
As Pep said, the "big man, Mr. Levy" thought he was the boss. :lol: :lol: Talk about cutting your nose to spite your face. A loser who thinks too highly of himself. He has been chairman of a sh1t club that has failed to win titles, so he uses transfer markets to "get one over" the big clubs. LOL. Thats how he refused to sell bale and modric to United and Chelsea and their fans were clapping for him. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: LOSERS! Thats their trophy "I refused to sell xxx to xxx! Yea! I am the master negotiator!" No! You are a loser! :rotf:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:34 pm
As Pep said, the "big man, Mr. Levy" thought he was the boss. :lol: :lol: Talk about cutting your nose to spite your face. A loser who thinks too highly of himself. He has been chairman of a sh1t club that has failed to win titles, so he uses transfer markets to "get one over" the big clubs. LOL. Thats how he refused to sell bale and modric to United and Chelsea and their fans were clapping for him. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: LOSERS! Thats their trophy "I refused to sell xxx to xxx! Yea! I am the master negotiator!" No! You are a loser! :rotf:
So dumb. The Kane sale was a no brainer: squeeze the most you can out of City and thank the player for his services. They want to pretend like they are a big club while forgetting that big clubs routinely let their biggest players leave when the player's heart is set on leaving. It's normal and actually helps the recruiting process. Why will the next potentially big talent want to play for an owner who will hold you against your will like a slave master?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:10 pm

Not to get in the way of your regular Spurs diss :D , but its more than just initial gra gra....

Two CMs were creating problems for the two managers. Mount was the more obvious, but so was Lo Celso.

One manager adjusted and pushed the line higher; the other was still reliving the first half...(or perhaps did not have options to respond)

The rest came down to the difference in individual qualities...
Last edited by txj on Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Chelsea have some amazing players but their biggest current asset is Tuchel. The man is damn good and has no hesitation in making adjustments when the initial plan A ain’t working.
A true Ruthless German.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Has anyone seen the weeping Lean Faced Olofofo Coward? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: e don run enter hole again. :lol: :oops: :oops:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:46 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:41 am 666 may be the mark of the beast, but 3-0 is the mark of the Coward!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
It is funny how you disappear from threads when results go against your liking and only to show up when it does, ejaculating all over the thread. It is sad that you can act so childish over a game of football. Dude, grow up.

^^^^ When a Lean Faced Olofofo Coward insults himself. You don ejaculate finish? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

green4life wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:41 pm
So dumb. The Kane sale was a no brainer: squeeze the most you can out of City and thank the player for his services. They want to pretend like they are a big club while forgetting that big clubs routinely let their biggest players leave when the player's heart is set on leaving. It's normal and actually helps the recruiting process. Why will the next potentially big talent want to play for an owner who will hold you against your will like a slave master?
Kane looks like he has downed tools.

But also it seems Nuno has to fine tune his philosophy.
Those defensive and mentality problems that existed under Mourinho are still there.

Spurs may néed to be patient with Nuno and allow him time to organise, he may be on the right track
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:36 pm Chelsea have some amazing players but their biggest current asset is Tuchel. The man is damn good and has no hesitation in making adjustments when the initial plan A ain’t working.
A true Ruthless German.

Tuchel has been exceptional. And he knows what the competition is, so he is not messing around. One with a trio of Jorginho, Kovacic and Kante still went and got Saul.

Some teams got Partey and thought team don complete.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:25 am
Kane looks like he has downed tools.

But also it seems Nuno has to fine tune his philosophy.
Those defensive and mentality problems that existed under Mourinho are still there.

Spurs may néed to be patient with Nuno and allow him time to organise, he may be on the right track
The beauty of excuses :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:34 pm
I agree with you. Something tells me the FIFA seat he got appointed to last week is more important to him than the welfare of the team. He sacked JM because he’s scared JM will buck him and expose the nonsense mega club deal. He doesn’t care about the team, fortunately he has a set of fans equal only by NY Met in terms of expectation:zilch. They love and celebrate misery
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

Still convinced Kane ain't it
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:36 pm Chelsea have some amazing players but their biggest current asset is Tuchel. The man is damn good and has no hesitation in making adjustments when the initial plan A ain’t working.
A true Ruthless German.
Indeed he has been very good. One wonders why PSG backed the players rather than him. Well it is their loss and Roman's gain.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Levy and the club will be patient with Nuno. He will be given time. However either he has to be allowed to bench and sell some players or he has to bench and sell some players.

Football is not as simple as some people paint it. Did I expect a loss vs Chelsea - yes. Why?

1. We had played them earlier in a friendly and there was a clear quality gap. These are also the European champions.
2. Chelsea has a far more settled team than Spurs wrt managerial
3. Player availability
4. Quality of squad. It is funny how people diss teams that haven't spent as much as big teams. Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd have spent heavily on their squads.

My worry for Nuno is the games vs the non big six. I am more worried about the results vs Crystal Palace and the performance vs Wolves and Watford than this loss to Chelsea. It is a derby but the pragmatist in me felt it was a bridge too far currently. We will deal with Chelski in due time.

Now to the players - Kane, Dele etc - I don't see them in training. As a fan I have a feeling about who I would not keep but that is me as a fan. There are more detailed considerations. I see comments about Kane not wanting to be there. That is his own shelenge. The club he is crying about weren't seriously in for him. He should compare how they went for Grealish to how they went for him. All this crying up and down that Spurs will regret it - sounds like knee jerk people watching Telemundo and crying. Worst case we get zilch for him. That is Spurs business. Will it affect other players? Perhaps yes perhaps no.

Also for me it is simple we would rather sell Kane for 50m to a club outside England than 100m to one inside England. If that is painful for some, eyah! Kpele. It is Spurs business and there are few chairmen as good as Levy. What he has done and is doing with Spurs is remarkable.

In summary - Audere est Facere. COYS. We wait to see how the club performs over the next 6 months. If not I trust Levy to make tough decisions.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:01 am
A true Ruthless German.
Indeed he has been very good. One wonders why PSG backed the players rather than him. Well it is their loss and Roman's gain.
Tuchel was fired from Dortmund and PSG for exactly the same reason. For his own sake, I hope he has learned his lesson because if he hasn't, Chelsea will fire him for that same reason.

This has nothing to do with backing the players. He did the same thing twice and was fired twice.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:17 am Levy and the club will be patient with Nuno. He will be given time. However either he has to be allowed to bench and sell some players or he has to bench and sell some players.

Football is not as simple as some people paint it. Did I expect a loss vs Chelsea - yes. Why?

1. We had played them earlier in a friendly and there was a clear quality gap. These are also the European champions.
2. Chelsea has a far more settled team than Spurs wrt managerial
3. Player availability
4. Quality of squad. It is funny how people diss teams that haven't spent as much as big teams. Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd have spent heavily on their squads.

My worry for Nuno is the games vs the non big six. I am more worried about the results vs Crystal Palace and the performance vs Wolves and Watford than this loss to Chelsea. It is a derby but the pragmatist in me felt it was a bridge too far currently. We will deal with Chelski in due time.

Now to the players - Kane, Dele etc - I don't see them in training. As a fan I have a feeling about who I would not keep but that is me as a fan. There are more detailed considerations. I see comments about Kane not wanting to be there. That is his own shelenge. The club he is crying about weren't seriously in for him. He should compare how they went for Grealish to how they went for him. All this crying up and down that Spurs will regret it - sounds like knee jerk people watching Telemundo and crying. Worst case we get zilch for him. That is Spurs business. Will it affect other players? Perhaps yes perhaps no.

Also for me it is simple we would rather sell Kane for 50m to a club outside England than 100m to one inside England. If that is painful for some, eyah! Kpele. It is Spurs business and there are few chairmen as good as Levy. What he has done and is doing with Spurs is remarkable.

In summary - Audere est Facere. COYS. We wait to see how the club performs over the next 6 months. If not I trust Levy to make tough decisions.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: My brother, you said quite a lot but completely missed the mark.

A few days ago, I asked you a question which you ignored. Funny enough, that question actually holds 80% of the answers to everything you have said here. Anyway, good luck for the season. lol :D

As for Dele, your brother the Cowardly ejaculator was here dancing shekebebe, twerking that his bony yansh, at Dele being a starter. I just laughed! Dele Levy, the son of Daniel Levy. We all know who is picking him. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Has anyone seen the crying shameless Cowardly Ejaculator? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: shameless coward don pick race! Here are the words of the olofofo coward:
Its a Goal wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:46 pm
It is funny how you disappear from threads when results go against your liking and only to show up when it does, ejaculating all over the thread. It is sad that you can act so childish over a game of football. Dude, grow up.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

COWARD! :oops:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:25 pm
Cristao II wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:01 am
A true Ruthless German.
Tuchel was fired from Dortmund and PSG for exactly the same reason. For his own sake, I hope he has learned his lesson because if he hasn't, Chelsea will fire him for that same reason.

This has nothing to do with backing the players. He did the same thing twice and was fired twice.
I get your drift. It's about finding the proper balance between being a fierce competitor and the human touch required to keep the players intact and on board with his program. Time will tell.