Liverpool refuse 2 release Salah for WCQ: Will this affect SE?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Liverpool refuse 2 release Salah for WCQ: Will this affect SE?

Post by txj »

The Reds are following advice when it comes to preventing the spread of coronavirus and will not allow their star forward to play for his country
Liverpool are refusing to release Mohamed Salah for 2022 World Cup qualification duty, the Egyptian Football Federation has revealed, with the Reds superstar set to sit out upcoming meetings with Angola and Gabon.

The Pharaohs are due to be in first and second round qualifying action in September, but their talismanic figure will not form part of their plans.

That is because Premier League heavyweights are following advice regarding the spread of coronavirus, while also being reluctant to see Salah forced into quarantine once he returns to Britain from international duty.

What has been said?
A statement released by the Egyptian FA reads: "The Egyptian Football Association continues its continuous contacts regarding the task of international players joining their national teams to participate in the World Cup qualifiers, which requires exempting them from travel restrictions imposed on them in the countries in which they play due to the coronavirus pandemic.

"The Egyptian Football Association has received a letter from Liverpool FC apologising for the unavailability of its player, Mohamed Salah, to join the national team in its next camp, which includes facing Angola in Cairo and Gabon in Franceville during the first and second rounds of the African continent's qualifiers for the World Cup.

"The English club’s letter referred to the precautionary measures applied in England to confront the outbreak of the coronavirus in the world, which puts returnees from some countries in compulsory health isolation for a period of ten days upon their return to England.

"In this letter, the English club also expressed its hope that the Egyptian Federation would understand that it was forced to do so, in the face of the player being subjected to a quarantine for this period and being affected by this physically, as well as the uncertainty of the conditions determined by English authorities.

"It is noteworthy that Liverpool FC took the same position with a number of its foreign players."

Have Liverpool blocked Salah before?
This is not the first time that Liverpool have prevented Salah from linking up with his country, with the Egyptian FA left disappointed by a decision from Anfield not to release the 29-year-old for Olympic duty.

The Reds were however eager to ensure they had a star man fully rested and recharged ahead of the 2021-22 Premier League season, which they have opened with back-to-back wins.

They also saw Salah contract Covid-19 during a previous visit to his homeland in November 2020, when he attended his brother's wedding.

For now, Liverpool's priority when it comes to Salah is getting him tied to a new deal, while they are also hoping to see him reach 100 Premier League goals - he currently sits on 98.

What is Liverpool's stance?
Liverpool are eager to point out that they would be willing to let Salah play Gabon on September 5, as that will take place in a country that is not on Britain's red list.

The Reds are however making it clear to all of their international stars that they will not release anyone who would be forced to quarantine once returning to England. If isolation rules were to be relaxed or removed altogether, then players would be freed to link up with their respective nations.

Alisson, Fabinho and Roberto Firmino would also fall into this issue, as Brazil is another red list country and they have World Cup qualifiers there.
This is not viewed by those on Merseyside as a club vs country row, but as more of a difficult diplomatic situation that impacts both parties.

Liverpool would like a solution to be found, as they have no desire to prevent players from adding to their cap hauls, but government rules need to be revised as a starting point.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/liverpo ... 1texqbdnqq
Last edited by txj on Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool refuse to release Salah for WCQ duty with Egypt

Post by txj »

This is interesting...

Wonder how much this will affect the SE...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

We play Sep 3rd and Sep 7th, where is the list of players invited? Or we are using home based players?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Undertaker wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:42 pm We play Sep 3rd and Sep 7th, where is the list of players invited? Or we are using home based players?
Nigeria is not on the UK's 'Red' list, but I don't know about other European countries such as Italy, Spain, Germany and Belgium.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

why are you posting this here? it should be in the worldfootball forum..and you have damunk ignoring this ...what a lazy mod
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Cape Verde is on the red list.

Meaning if this holds the following players will be unavailable for our crucial away match against them.

Dennis
Etebo
Troost
Iwobi
Onyeka
Ndidi
Iheanacho

If Scotland is under the same rules add

Aribo
Balogun

Basically our entire team.

Will Rohr call up "new players" now ?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Our entire midfield is gone.

Rohr will have to hope that Shehu Abdullahi can conduct things for us.
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

Damunk wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:44 pm
Undertaker wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:42 pm We play Sep 3rd and Sep 7th, where is the list of players invited? Or we are using home based players?
Nigeria is not on the UK's 'Red' list, but I don't know about other European countries such as Italy, Spain, Germany and Belgium.

but cape verde is on the red list in Uk
thanks
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Mexico, Uruguay also on red list.

So there will be a lot of upheaval from this.

However they are set to update list end of August, but that may already be too late.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:49 pm why are you posting this here? it should be in the worldfootball forum..and you have damunk ignoring this ...what a lazy mod
You are clearly not a very smart person...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

This thread is about the SE, NOT Egypt.

Its about the impact of this on the SE call ups for the WCQs

There needs to be some common sense here!

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:49 pm why are you posting this here? it should be in the worldfootball forum..and you have damunk ignoring this ...what a lazy mod
That one nah human being? :oops: :roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool refuse 2 release Salah for WCQ: Will this affect SE?

Post by txj »

SMH...

The post is about the SE...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:18 pm SMH...

Oga, how is a post about Salah, an Egyptian playing for Liverpool about Naijaria SE?

The title of your thread does NOT make this about SE.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:28 pm

Oga, how is a post about Salah, an Egyptian playing for Liverpool about Naijaria SE?

WE STILL CAN USE COMMON SENSE!!!

If I wanted to post about Salah and LFC, I'll put in the Liverpool thread...

I mean, this is beyond stupid!

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I could also have been asked to tweak the title to better reflect the intent behind the thread.

Which is what I have subsequently done...

And as any intelligent person can see, the entire discussion so far is about the impact on the SE...

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Why has this thread been moved ?

Seems those running this site have as little foresight as the fools running our football
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Seems PSG, Bayern are also refusing to release players. If Ligue 1 teams follow suit, C. Verde will have plenty of problems

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

It won't affect us. We will not play in a red list country
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:32 pm

Oh Mighty The Brain, next time, add a subtext to your Liverpool thread... using style to post Liverpool content without even relating it to the SE. And only doing so after it was pointed out by "Pinky".
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:48 pm

Oh Mighty The Brain, next time, add a subtext to your Liverpool thread... using style to post Liverpool content without even relating it to the SE. And only doing so after it was pointed out by "Pinky".
You are allowed to think you know...

This issue is central to our WCQ. If I wanted to post Liverpool content, I would put it on the LFC thread as I have done the past 3 years!

Even the title of the thread is been amended to reflect this...

You are allowed to think!

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Liverpool or any team for that matter do not have the power to forbid a player from traveling for a WCQ
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:22 pm
Cellular wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:48 pm

You are allowed to think you know...

This issue is central to our WCQ. If I wanted to post Liverpool content, I would put it on the LFC thread as I have done the past 3 years!

Even the title of the thread is been amended to reflect this...

You are allowed to think!
Why would I think when you are here to for us?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...