World Cup Every 2yrs: Yes or No...

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: World Cup Every 2yrs: Yes or No...

Post by kalani JR »

Damunk wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:06 am Those saying 'no!'.....abeg, why not?
Any particular reason?
Because it's what they are used to. At least that's why I'm no.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

kalani JR wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:32 am
Any particular reason?
My instinctive reaction is 'No' too, but I'm asking what my reasons are.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Damunk wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:45 am
kalani JR wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:32 am
Any particular reason?
My instinctive reaction is 'No' too, but I'm asking what my reasons are.
I think it's the same across the board, none of the stated reasons for opposition really make sense.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Why not do it every year?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Not for me.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:11 pm Why not do it every year?
No!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Any particular reason? :D
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Infantino has ruin football. First, he got rid of the confederations cup which is actually a good tourney pre-world cup, he is increasing the number of teams to 48 teams which makes no sense. Now this, football as we know is going down the drain because of greed.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:36 pm Infantino has ruin football. First, he got rid of the confederations cup which is actually a good tourney pre-world cup, he is increasing the number of teams to 48 teams which makes no sense. Now this, football as we know is going down the drain because of greed.
The Confederations Cup was a worthless tournament.
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

green4life wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:21 pm
Molue Conductor wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:26 pm Same motivation as the super league
Hypocrisy from FIFA as expected. What ever happened to traditions, history and the best interest of the sport arguments they used to summarily bury the super league.
Money is what happened and the only driving force for it.
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

This guy should be flogged.

danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:04 pm This guy should be flogged.

Wow
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

First 48 countries now every too years, Sepp Blatter looks like a saint now.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:04 pm This guy should be flogged.

The cynicism in-built into his campaign is actually nauseating
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I was about to say no, then I realized that I had nothing concrete against it.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

life is short , make we all get to enjoy the WC every 2 years
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

tremendous from Peru

what a time to score on the road.

0-1 COL vs Peru

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

the work rate here is off the chart. what a defensive performance.

Gareca's done wonders with this team since their naïve play at the WC Russia

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

PERU
PERU
PERU

What a game!

Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

The naysayers have some valid points. We should all step back and ask the clubs and current players what they think about this UEFA Nations League. That seems like a better place to start since the effects of the Nations League are not hypothetical unlike the objections to the biennial World Cup.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Tazmania
Egg
Egg

Post by Tazmania »

I was suprised to read here that so many people are contrary to the idea of a biennial WC, particularly as all 54 members of CAF are super keen on the idea. I was also contrary initially until I read FIFA's feasibility study published in December.

If the tournament is held on a biennial basis there would be a massive revenue uplift for all parts of the world according to Nielsen's projections. The projected increase in FIFA's revenues of $4.4bn (USD) for the first 4-year cycle would all go to solidarity, with 0% being retained by FIFA. What this translates to is a $25m grant every 4 years to each member association for the first 4-year biennial cycle, rising to $30m for the second cycle (currently it is $6m per 4 year cycle, 5 years ago it was only $1m). The prize money at the WC is projected to increase by 50% from $0.6bn to $0.9bn (total of $1.8bn in a 4-year cycle).

It is worth remembering that at the last 24-team tournament in 1994 in the USA, UEFA was represented by 13 teams - or 54% - of the field, while CAF and AFC together had only 5 places. In 2026, when it returns to North America, AFC and CAF combined will have more places than UEFA, with the latter's share of the field (16) shrinking to 33%. Therefore FIFA's trajectory has been to grow the game outside Europe without undermining European soccer.

One final point which is very important given the impact it has on competitiveness: the feasibility study showed that in the current global men's NT economy, 69% of the revenue generated goes to UEFA countries (which only comprise 26% of FIFA's membership), with the Rest of the World sharing the other 31%. The biennial proposal and the reformed international match calendar (the latter proposal has been revised to have 8 qualifiers in the season before the WC or continental tournament in June, 6 matches in two windows in October and November and the final 2 matches in March) is projected to lead to a more even total revenue distribution of UEFA 57%:43% Rest of the World. UEFA countries' would still be better off than they are currently, but their share would fall so other countries would have an even more significant uplift in revenue. The other major advantages are that the significantly increased revene would enable associations outside Europe to plan their activities on a more stable basis while they themselves would have more commercially attractive qualifying games to monetise (more chance of qualifying not to mention more regular qualifiers).

In conclusion, it seems to me that everyone benefits from having the WC on a biennial basis because it would ultimately lead to a more competitive tournament with more higher quality teams from different continents reaching the latter stages.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

nothing wrong with it
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Tazmania wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:34 pm I was suprised to read here that so many people are contrary to the idea of a biennial WC, particularly as all 54 members of CAF are super keen on the idea. I was also contrary initially until I read FIFA's feasibility study published in December.

If the tournament is held on a biennial basis there would be a massive revenue uplift for all parts of the world according to Nielsen's projections. The projected increase in FIFA's revenues of $4.4bn (USD) for the first 4-year cycle would all go to solidarity, with 0% being retained by FIFA. What this translates to is a $25m grant every 4 years to each member association for the first 4-year biennial cycle, rising to $30m for the second cycle (currently it is $6m per 4 year cycle, 5 years ago it was only $1m). The prize money at the WC is projected to increase by 50% from $0.6bn to $0.9bn (total of $1.8bn in a 4-year cycle).

It is worth remembering that at the last 24-team tournament in 1994 in the USA, UEFA was represented by 13 teams - or 54% - of the field, while CAF and AFC together had only 5 places. In 2026, when it returns to North America, AFC and CAF combined will have more places than UEFA, with the latter's share of the field (16) shrinking to 33%. Therefore FIFA's trajectory has been to grow the game outside Europe without undermining European soccer.

One final point which is very important given the impact it has on competitiveness: the feasibility study showed that in the current global men's NT economy, 69% of the revenue generated goes to UEFA countries (which only comprise 26% of FIFA's membership), with the Rest of the World sharing the other 31%. The biennial proposal and the reformed international match calendar (the latter proposal has been revised to have 8 qualifiers in the season before the WC or continental tournament in June, 6 matches in two windows in October and November and the final 2 matches in March) is projected to lead to a more even total revenue distribution of UEFA 57%:43% Rest of the World. UEFA countries' would still be better off than they are currently, but their share would fall so other countries would have an even more significant uplift in revenue. The other major advantages are that the significantly increased revene would enable associations outside Europe to plan their activities on a more stable basis while they themselves would have more commercially attractive qualifying games to monetise (more chance of qualifying not to mention more regular qualifiers).

In conclusion, it seems to me that everyone benefits from having the WC on a biennial basis because it would ultimately lead to a more competitive tournament with more higher quality teams from different continents reaching the latter stages.
Who are you and why is your first post on Cybereagles about this topic and how do you have so much detailed knowledge of the REVENUE associated with this plan?

Besides the MONETARY advantage, have you considered countering some of the arguments against it? The prestige of the WC, the impact on other continental tournaments, the impact on Women's football, the impact on youth football etc.

And your retort should not just be $$$$$. We are fans here not accountants.