Wetin Happen to African Baller's Creativity & Spirit?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Wetin Happen to African Baller's Creativity & Spirit?

Post by airwolex »

During the early stages of the 2008–09 season, newly appointed manager Pep Guardiola favoured Sergio Busquets in the defensive role of Barcelona's midfield trio. In the 2009 Champions League Final, Touré played at centre-back due to injuries and suspensions of first-choice defenders, despite having only played there twice before for Barcelona.[27] In late June 2010, Barcelona confirmed that Touré would be allowed to leave the club in the summer
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I have this argument with a lot of Barcelona/Mesi/Pep fans and I have to say it gets me rolling in laughter :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

FC Barcelona Games 118 Goals 6

Manchester City Games 316 Goals 79

Yet Kalebega says, we don't know what could have happened if he stayed in Spain? Dude, he would have become a bench warmer or defender. Pep did not rate him. Pep is a great coach but he does not know everything and definitely has his biases.

You brought up the topic. Let's have an honest discussion.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Kabalega wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:20 am
airwolex wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:09 pm Busquets is an agriculturists. He can play defence. Playing Yaya in defence is like playing Messi at Lb, and this happens to a lot of black players. Would he have done the same to De Bryne?

If he had stayed in Barca, he would have been a defender for sure. There was no room for him in the Barca midfield. If you had told me Yaya was capable of doing what he did in Man City, i would not have believed you. Just shows what can be done if you turn a good player loose.

Mikel started as an Am and was converted to dm. Time black players refuse to be turned from their prefered position. Adam Traore did well to turn down Spurs for Barca. They wanted him to play rb/rwb
:lol: :lol: I like your spin on events.

Yaya was an amazing player at Barcelona. We don't know what he could have become had he stayed in Spain.

As for Mikel, Jose Mourinho is on record for saying that Mikel was too slow to play AM for Chelsea. That's why he "encouraged" him to play DM.

Mikel said as much... :)
Mikel, however, said the pace of the EPL was difficult for him to get into gear with the Chelsea team where he spent over a decade winning two Premier League titles, four FA cups, two League Cup, one Champions League and Europa League titles.
https://thepoise.ng/jose-mourinho-kille ... mikel-obi/
This life is strange. Who is to say that J Mikel Obi, could not have made like Yaya, and joined a coach who encouraged I'm to play AM? Being "slow" is just Mourinho's opinion.

I like Conte, but the dude turned V Moses into a wingback and tried to do the same to Adam Traore. Some of these Euro coaches can be weird. He should turn Son into a wingback. Yeye :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Mane had it early in his career. Prior to Southampton and Liverpool.

--------------------------------------------
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

F360 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:36 pm Mane had it early in his career. Prior to Southampton and Liverpool.
Really? At RBS?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

This guy still has it.

“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

airwolex wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:45 am I have this argument with a lot of Barcelona/Mesi/Pep fans and I have to say it gets me rolling in laughter :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Yet Kalebega says, we don't know what could have happened if he stayed in Spain? Dude, he would have become a bench warmer or defender. Pep did not rate him. Pep is a great coach but he does not know everything and definitely has his biases.

I like this discussion :thumbs:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

airwolex wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:56 am
Kabalega wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:20 am
airwolex wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:09 pm Busquets is an agriculturists. He can play defence. Playing Yaya in defence is like playing Messi at Lb, and this happens to a lot of black players. Would he have done the same to De Bryne?

If he had stayed in Barca, he would have been a defender for sure. There was no room for him in the Barca midfield. If you had told me Yaya was capable of doing what he did in Man City, i would not have believed you. Just shows what can be done if you turn a good player loose.

Mikel started as an Am and was converted to dm. Time black players refuse to be turned from their prefered position. Adam Traore did well to turn down Spurs for Barca. They wanted him to play rb/rwb
:lol: :lol: I like your spin on events.

Yaya was an amazing player at Barcelona. We don't know what he could have become had he stayed in Spain.

As for Mikel, Jose Mourinho is on record for saying that Mikel was too slow to play AM for Chelsea. That's why he "encouraged" him to play DM.

Mikel said as much... :)
Mikel, however, said the pace of the EPL was difficult for him to get into gear with the Chelsea team where he spent over a decade winning two Premier League titles, four FA cups, two League Cup, one Champions League and Europa League titles.
https://thepoise.ng/jose-mourinho-kille ... mikel-obi/
This life is strange. Who is to say that J Mikel Obi, could not have made like Yaya, and joined a coach who encouraged I'm to play AM? Being "slow" is just Mourinho's opinion.

I like Conte, but the dude turned V Moses into a wingback and tried to do the same to Adam Traore. Some of these Euro coaches can be weird. He should turn Son into a wingback. Yeye :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Look at how many Euro fans see Ngolo Kante as simply a ultra DM who only breaks up play.
Even after all these years they cannot see that there is more to the guy.
That is the trap that Pogba refused to fall into, that's why he gets a lot of criticism for allegedly being 'lazy'.
Good on Adam for refusing that role saved for him at Spurs
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Guys, what is or has happening i think is that for sure there are more than plenty of flair players in Africa.

But maybe the scouting from Europe influences how young players are trained.

If you ask me about Zimbabwe, your Marvelous Nakamba or Benjani is not the typical player i know littered all over Zimbabwe.

Our typical player is the Peter Ndlovu of this world.
And a whole host of creative midfielders who can easily switch from defence to DM to a no. 10 in a single game.
But but but, its all about who makes it to the highest levels.

Our Nakamba is known only for one thing and he is probably under strict instructions at Villa to stick to what he knows best. But knowing Zimbabwe football, i doubt that that boy is only good at beingDM. That's an insult.
I remember when Obi Mikel was only subbed in to shut out games.. And Seydou Keita at Barcelona. A pure insult.

Anyway the Yaya Toure and Obi Mikel stories are interesting. Same for Sadio Mane
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

benteke wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:52 pm
airwolex wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:45 am I have this argument with a lot of Barcelona/Mesi/Pep fans and I have to say it gets me rolling in laughter :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I like this discussion :thumbs:
There is nothing to discuss especially if you didn't see Yaya's games at both Barcelona and Man City.

It's also a useless comparison on many levels.

Are you going to compare a young CR7 at ManU to a mature CR7 at Real Madrid too?