The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2023-24 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2023-24 Season

Post by Sleaky72 »

packerland wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:02 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:33 pm
Cito wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:04 am There will be major wailing and gnashing of teeth on these pages, come season end.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Reading some comments from Arsenal fans and its clear that some of them have forgotten what it takes to win titles. You want to win a title with a non-scoring striker?

There are stories of clubs who went out to get that specific striker to win a title. Chelsea had to go and get Drogba and Costa, United did Van Persie, Liverpool, Suarez. City couldnt win the CL , until the went to get Haaland.
Dumbfo,

I didn’t know Suarez won a title with Liverpool.

:rotf: :rotf:
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:41 am
azuka wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:03 pm Gooners for life.

I think it's about time to open a new thread for the incoming season, with hope. Moreso as we await in a matter of hours the announcement of Saliba's new contract. Hopefully that good news will be harbinger of more great news of our great club.

Let's go Gooners.
Bro, a lot of talk of Partey accepting an offer from a Saudi club.

If true, I hope we sell Eddie and keep Balogun. But I have a feeling Arteta prefers Eddie. With proceeds from the sale of Eddie and Balogun, we must go get Caicedo.

But the rumours are, Lavia is the intended target. Selling Partey and getting Lavia, (a player I rate highly), is not a bad move because it will mean Rice can play as the 8 or half 8, like Xhaka did, with Lavia the 6, but Arsenal will be a serious title contender with Caceido at 8, and Rice at 6.
Welcome back bro. I feel you. But somehow I don't feel comfy with all these sales. When does our rebuilding stop? When do we start adding the missing quality rather this ins and out.

That I said I feel Arteta will keep Eddie too. I would rather he keeps Balogun since he gives the team a different option. Same situation TK. But this is all about Arteta's fixation with playing a certain way. He will rather have a group of attackers capable of scoring 10 plus goals rather than a point man capable of 20+ goals. Basically Arteta's Arsenal is not today setup for a Haarland, or Mbape or Balogun.

Lavia though will be a very good buy infact. But I hope they consider that French player in Real Madrid. His time on d field will be drastically reduced with the signing of B from Dortmund.
Last edited by azuka on Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Cito wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:04 am There will be major wailing and gnashing of teeth on these pages, come season end.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Reading some comments from Arsenal fans and its clear that some of them have forgotten what it takes to win titles. You want to win a title with a non-scoring striker?

There are stories of clubs who went out to get that specific striker to win a title. Chelsea had to go and get Drogba and Costa, United did Van Persie, Liverpool, Suarez. City couldnt win the CL , until the went to get Haaland.
It's a matter if philosophy. Arteta believes in spreading the goals rather having a point man who can easily be marked out.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:39 pm

Dumbfo,

:rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

elerineye wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:15 pm
balo wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:56 pm
Waffiman wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:30 am
Why?

When we had no money, Arsenal and their fans were mocked and laughed out of the joint. Now we spend money, I hear the same complaining with bad belle. Make una ready, your tears will never stop flowing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Na our turn for our tap to rush. No time for bad belle people. You can cry, while we get ready to fight for the highest honours in an organic and neat way.
The other way round should be the rhetoric. Arsenal fans were angry at clubs spending real money to invest in their brands as "Money miss road", "Grand daddy clubs", Oligarch-oil money clubs etc.

Welcome "back" to the club.

Drop another 100m GBP and you will definitely get Caicedo.
We just might… :D
Yes oh. :lol: :rotf: :lol: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:24 pm

Dumbfo,

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Why?

When we had no money, Arsenal and their fans were mocked and laughed out of the joint. Now we spend money, I hear the same complaining with bad belle. Make una ready, your tears will never stop flowing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Na our turn for our tap to rush. No time for bad belle people. You can cry, while we get ready to fight for the highest honours in an organic and neat way.
The other way round should be the rhetoric. Arsenal fans were angry at clubs spending real money to invest in their brands as "Money miss road", "Grand daddy clubs", Oligarch-oil money clubs etc.

You bi Chelsea. You suppose know the rules. The 12th is past. You're not allowed to contribute again until the 12th of next month. :tic:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

azuka wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:21 pm

It's a matter if philosophy. Arteta believes in spreading the goals rather having a point man who can easily be marked out.
lets see if it works. It didnt last season, but who knows how it will be this season.

My personal knowledge and preference is to have goals coming from everywhere, but to have a guaranteed guy who will give you 25! Without that, in my knowledge, e dey hard.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:41 pm
azuka wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:24 pm

Dumbfo,

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Waffiman wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:04 pm
Why?

You bi Chelsea. You suppose know the rules. The 12th is past. You're not allowed to contribute again until the 12th of next month. :tic:
Lol. Top 4 in 12 years? We no go hear word again.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:07 pm

lets see if it works. It didnt last season, but who knows how it will be this season.

My personal knowledge and preference is to have goals coming from everywhere, but to have a guaranteed guy who will give you 25! Without that, in my knowledge, e dey hard.
But it worked somehow last season. We have 4 players or so contributing 10+ goals each now
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

azuka wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:33 am
danfo driver wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:07 pm

But it worked somehow last season. We have 4 players or so contributing 10+ goals each now
It didn't. You finished the season trophyless.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:39 pm
balo wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:58 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:31 pm
balo wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:44 pm
elerineye wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:15 pm
Why?

We just might… :D
Please do. Save Chelsea the indecision phase the directors found themselves..
There is no indecision. This is not play station. It takes a lot to run a football club..

If you have Netflix, I'll recommend the Sunderland documentary.
I know they don't want to get fleeced. But 4/5 weeks on a single target? I am fine not getting him. They can just identify a player withing their price range and go for him.

The seriousness of the woeful season we just had should not be lost on them to move quickly with targeted talent.
They are negotiating.

Some clubs do it this way. Rather than sending public bids that get rejected, 2-4 times. They have conversations with the other club, they agree a fee and then the continue conversations on payment structure.

I once did a deal (non-sports) that we agreed a deal and it too us close to 3 months to finally agree on payment structure.

Good to know there are little issues on the player side and he is willing to push for the move.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

These rumors of TP5 going to Saudi are bitter sweet.
Such a great player who has never gotten the full
respect he deserves. Whatever path he chooses
I wish the brother success.

We have overpaid so much for Declan Rice and I’d
be shocked if he can fill Partey’s boots.
Hope I’m wrong but Declan won’t be surprised if Rice
isn’t transitioned back to a centre back in a couple of seasons, which is where he
started out in …
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:17 pm

I think it's about time to open a new thread for the incoming season, with hope. Moreso as we await in a matter of hours the announcement of Saliba's new contract. Hopefully that good news will be harbinger of more great news of our great club.

Let's go Gooners.

If true, I hope we sell Eddie and keep Balogun. But I have a feeling Arteta prefers Eddie. With proceeds from the sale of Eddie and Balogun, we must go get Caicedo.

But the rumours are, Lavia is the intended target. Selling Partey and getting Lavia, (a player I rate highly), is not a bad move because it will mean Rice can play as the 8 or half 8, like Xhaka did, with Lavia the 6, but Arsenal will be a serious title contender with Caceido at 8, and Rice at 6.
Welcome back bro. I feel you. But somehow I don't feel comfy with all these sales. When does our rebuilding stop? When do we start adding the missing quality rather this ins and out.

That I said I feel Arteta will keep Eddie too. I would rather he keeps Balogun since he gives the team a different option. Same situation TK. But this is all about Arteta's fixation with playing a certain way. He will rather have a group of attackers capable of scoring 10 plus goals rather than a point man capable of 20+ goals. Basically Arteta's Arsenal is not today setup for a Haarland, or Mbape or Balogun.

Lavia though will be a very good buy infact. But I hope they consider that French player in Real Madrid. His time on d field will be drastically reduced with the signing of B from Dortmund.
Arsenal’s midfield decision now must take into consideration Myles Lewis-Skelly and Ethan Nwaneri. This two are highly talented young players who IMHO will be challenging for 1st team places in the next 2 seasons.

I will not be surprised if ElNeny, Jornigho and Partey are allowed to run down their contracts whilst these kids become their replacements.

I think there is room for a Caicedo, Tchouameni or Lavia and no more if Partey leaves. I don't want Partey leaving because at his best, he is the best in the league.

I hear rumours of a big signing, but I am wary because it means sales, Arsenal have FFP room for 2 big signings but I believe they want to keep these places, so ot means sales.

I believe we must keep Balogun because he is the one player with the raw talent to get us a minimum 15 goals.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Why?

There are many reasons, crushed expectations, disarmed folks(weapons to fire may be dashed by season end),...

This could go either way but I know the way I prefer it going and you should too. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Anyone going to the United v. Arsenal game this weekend? :D
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cito wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:49 pm
Why?

There are many reasons, crushed expectations, disarmed folks(weapons to fire may be dashed by season end),...

This could go either way but I know the way I prefer it going and you should too. :D
In football, you and I know nothing is guaranteed. But when things start to turn your way, you kust enjoy it.

Right now, we are taking steps to mitigate most potential pitfalls and we must celebrate it. Cast your mind back to horrible windows, compare it to the last two windows, these ate good times.

My bro, let's enjoy. :D :D
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:58 pm

Let's go Gooners.

Arsenal’s midfield decision now must take into consideration Myles Lewis-Skelly and Ethan Nwaneri. This two are highly talented young players who IMHO will be challenging for 1st team places in the next 2 seasons.

I will not be surprised if ElNeny, Jornigho and Partey are allowed to run down their contracts whilst these kids become their replacements.

I think there is room for a Caicedo, Tchouameni or Lavia and no more if Partey leaves. I don't want Partey leaving because at his best, he is the best in the league.

I hear rumours of a big signing, but I am wary because it means sales, Arsenal have FFP room for 2 big signings but I believe they want to keep these places, so ot means sales.

I believe we must keep Balogun because he is the one player with the raw talent to get us a minimum 15 goals.
The bold may not happen under Arteta's regime. He's a checkbook coach just like Pep. The likes on Nwaneri will remain on the periphery of the first team as long as Arteta stays there. If you doubt me, look at his mentor in Man City? How many players from the academy has been integrated into the main team. Only Foden and until last season Lewis.

Honestly allowing Partey to leave does not make sense to me. Same too with Xhaka but i guess Arteta and Edu know more than i do so I give them the benefit of doubt. If Partey does leave though, i would rather they sign Tchouameni or Lavia than Caicedo for another 6 figures.

And yes, I want Balogun to stay. He gives us a different option from what we currently have. And if he must be sold, then there must be a buy-back clause included.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Nnai Diopka Ikemuefuna Ugwuamu Jefferson Ezeonu Azuzu. Ke du ko di? Uncle, Ogadimma.

Please let me know if you will be attending the game this weekend. I believe we can settle our matter amicably. How you see am? :D
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:41 pm Nnai Diopka Ikemuefuna Ugwuamu Jefferson Ezeonu Azuzu. Ke du ko di? Uncle, Ogadimma.

Please let me know if you will be attending the game this weekend. I believe we can settle our matter amicably. How you see am? :D
I had wanted to attend but then a conflict of scheduling happened. I am attending a 60 birthday gig in ATL this weekend.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

azuka wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:53 pm

Let's go Gooners.

The bold may not happen under Arteta's regime. He's a checkbook coach just like Pep. The likes on Nwaneri will remain on the periphery of the first team as long as Arteta stays there. If you doubt me, look at his mentor in Man City? How many players from the academy has been integrated into the main team. Only Foden and until last season Lewis.

Honestly allowing Partey to leave does not make sense to me. Same too with Xhaka but i guess Arteta and Edu know more than i do so I give them the benefit of doubt. If Partey does leave though, i would rather they sign Tchouameni or Lavia than Caicedo for another 6 figures.

And yes, I want Balogun to stay. He gives us a different option from what we currently have. And if he must be sold, then there must be a buy-back clause included.

Hey I said the same months ago and I was waiting
for the usual keyboard warriors to come out swinging.
All of our top Hale End kids broke through from Emery and Wenger. Arteta has yet to give even one of them the platform to start and thrive under him.
It’s crazy lol.
But fair play to Mikel, he is expanding the club tent,
albeit at a much inflated price.
I’m still not happy with the price for Rice or Havertz,
but this is the market we are in.
Some folks are saying that the price for JT12 might be the steal of the Transfer window … well the season will prove those voices right or wrong

If Partey leaves I wouldn’t mind Lavia as a replacement
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

azuka wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:53 pm

Let's go Gooners.

my brother Azuka, I am glad you've seen that Arteta is a check book manager. The guy has spent 600M pounds in 3 plus season. hmmm
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved