Women's World Cup 2023

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kendo
Egg
Egg
Re: Women's World Cup 2023

Post by kendo »

I wanted England to lose because of Lauren James. It would have been better they didn't make it this far but their loss is a consolation for me sha.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:39 pm I want England to lose this final for 3 reasons.
1. Damunk is the main reason, he supports them, and I think he is cursed. The fact we have to deal with such a troll, bad vibe, negative energy all because he claims he is Nigerian. He is the reason our football teams are struggling. He is a bad luck figure . I think he should be a window CE.just browse

2. The south African female coach. She said she wants England to win because their coach is Woman

3. Their team isn't better than my two countries teams. Also the pathetic Spainish women tried to get their coach fired for daft reasons. So I want their coach to win to throw it back at their faces, all because he is a disciplinarian
Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

That makes perfect sense.
A ‘we’-driven sentiment rather than a ‘me’-driven one.

Interesting how recent racist events in Spain involving Vinicius and Mr ‘Neither-Spain-nor-La Liga-are-racist’- La Liga president Javier Tebas all pale into insignificance when personal sentiments are at play.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kendo wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:31 pm I wanted England to lose because of Lauren James. It would have been better they didn't make it this far but their loss is a consolation for me sha.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:39 pm I want England to lose this final for 3 reasons.
1. Damunk is the main reason, he supports them, and I think he is cursed. The fact we have to deal with such a troll, bad vibe, negative energy all because he claims he is Nigerian. He is the reason our football teams are struggling. He is a bad luck figure . I think he should be a window CE.just browse

2. The south African female coach. She said she wants England to win because their coach is Woman

3. Their team isn't better than my two countries teams. Also the pathetic Spainish women tried to get their coach fired for daft reasons. So I want their coach to win to throw it back at their faces, all because he is a disciplinarian
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

King Futcha wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:52 am spanish masterclass in the first half.
Very impressive. Watched the game recorded--sleep dey sweet me too much on Sunday morning for me to wake up by 6am to watch WWC Final. These Spanish women be tappin'. Thoroughly enjoyed their play, and the decision of the coach to start Super Salma. She is definitely one for the future, possibly the female Mbappe.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

txj wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:35 pm Why would it take this long to confirm an obvious PK
Na wa.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waterloo Waterloo.... waterloooooooo :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

So happy they lost. Dem don begin hype their coach, talking about her being Southgate's replacement! nonsense! lauren James this! laurence Jamboree that! sharap! :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

hestonap wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:08 pm Ah thank you Lord for saving us from 100 years of 1966 2.0. I always knew and know there is a God, my rock and strength who teachers my hand to war and raises my head against my enemies. ABEG forever !
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

felarey wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:22 pm U17, U20 and world champions. Spanish domination. Testament to good youth development. England showed good effort but Spain were just better and seemed more likely to score in the last 10 mins. Well deserved.
Yep, Spain were better. Should have been at least 3 for Spain (Paralluelo hit the post, penalty miss) and 1 for England (hit the crossbar)
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohsee wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:33 pm
hestonap wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:08 pm Ah thank you Lord for saving us from 100 years of 1966 2.0. I always knew and know there is a God, my rock and strength who teachers my hand to war and raises my head against my enemies. ABEG forever !
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:thumbs: :thumbs: i woke up this morning afraid to check livescore :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cry harder :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

the atrocities your masters did to your great grand-father, great grandmother, and some of your ancestors they killed and raped will never be forgotten.

Imagine wanting us to support England - who did something to us - against Spain - who did something to a Brazillian. :rotf: Dont worry, when Spain plays another team, we will support the other team. But when its England, even if they are playing against the Demonic Devil, Lucifer, I am sorry, England is worse! :lol:
Damunk wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:04 pm That makes perfect sense.
A ‘we’-driven sentiment rather than a ‘me’-driven one.

Interesting how recent racist events in Spain involving Vinicius and Mr ‘Neither-Spain-nor-La Liga-are-racist’- La Liga president Javier Tebas all pale into insignificance when personal sentiments are at play.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kendo wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:31 pm I wanted England to lose because of Lauren James. It would have been better they didn't make it this far but their loss is a consolation for me sha.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:15 pm Image
dayumnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: that was to damunk
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Damunk wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:51 pm
hestonap wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:33 pm
Thunder wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:43 pm
felarey wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:22 pm U17, U20 and world champions. Spanish domination. Testament to good youth development. England showed good effort but Spain were just better and seemed more likely to score in the last 10 mins. Well deserved.
The three world championships, at three different levels is a culmination of their adequate planning over the years. Take note, NFF!
Thunder temper your expectations. You can’t ask a people or organisation without a culture of planning but rather dependent on spontaneity, good luck and divine providence to have the ability to take note. Nigeria be it the NFF or government or society at large ain’t winning jack anything soon. All these competitions lay bear is the significant disconnect between our potential as a people and the sub-optimal output we consistently obtain due to our incompetence.

When you reach that conclusion in the depth of your soul, you learn to let go, enjoy competitions like this, grieve for 5 seconds when we crash out and move on.

The days of Nigerian teams sending me bed and being forlorn for weeks have long past. My heart is still scarred from Foxboro in 1994.

Anyway congrats to the Spanish, a very reluctant commiseration to the English as I am still working on the pettiness in me which I know will always without fail rear its head anytime the English play anyone on God’s green earth and beyond.
You are an honest man, unlike most.

I explained this before: my desire for either England or Australia to win wasn’t based on my personal ego or beefs.
It’s about my team, the SF.
Either of those teams winning elevates the SF even more in the minds of the world, but more importantly the self-belief in the minds of the SF players will go sky high.
Beating or outplaying the WORLD champs in a tournament of this scale nor be beans. :thumb:

Conversely, if everyone started beating them silly after knocking us out (like many here have been praying :rotf: ), it basically means they’re nothing special, so ‘twas no big deal what we did to them.

That’s how I see it.
My “pettiness” doesn’t dictate my emotions.
I get the personal issues most are dealing with though.
It’s just funny. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

But I’m sure the Japanese are feeling pretty cool right now.
4-0!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Doc,

I guess you’re a better human than me. :sneaky:

I revel in my pettiness when it coms to the English national team. I wear my pettiness with pride. I glow in it. The earlier comment about working on it, make no mistake, it was not intended to indicate a lessening of its edge, on the contrary, I study the art and mastery of taking it a notch every single day.

There is a scripture I find both scary and amusing not in equal measure by any means - Psalm 7:11 - the second half says ‘God is angry with the wicked every day’.

Imagine waking up everyday and being mad at someone. That’s how a human does it, at least he/she takes a break by sleeping and restarting the process. God’s own is sustained. That is the level of his anger. But you know what he is merciful, he will give you another chance, if you turn away from iniquity .

Me on the other hand ‘no way Jose!” when its on this issue ‘ I am petty all the time in a sustained but yet exponentially increasing fashion’.

Like you however, I am able to dissociate my emotions. On a serious note, there is a lot to be admired about the English administration of the game. England is now competitive at all levels of the game internationally be it age grade, seniors etc. We could learn a thing other than two from them.

It however does not detract from the central point of this theme, I am totally invested in every measure that brings the English football teams in all iterations and on all occasions pain and disappointment.

To change my mind ? E go hard but here is a non-exhaustive list of

1. Give up this priviledge of having 4 teams. Compete as a UK or team or let the other nations go their way - Viva Scotland, Wales and NI.

2. Give up their silly privilege of the International Football Association Board. It pretty much the Security Council of Football. You can’t change $#% in the game without the 4 UK countries giving their assent. Wales, Scotland and NI - I see you in your underhand conspiracy, hence why I don’t buy the oppression bullshit you people sell at times, it’s too convenient.

3. Start sending back al the stolen wealth to their owners and use their own mouth to declare loudly to the natives when their thieving elites bring money on British soil.

Knowing that none of the very reasonable and limited requests will be heard never mind met, my pettiness continues.

I go back to my first question and retract it, I am not sure you’re a better human than me on this issue. :taunt: :mad: :twisted: :twisted:
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

:biggrin:
I just have to mention that the nuclear yabis missiles fired in this thread between Damunk and Bigpokey have had me in stiches. Just as entertaining as the game. Up CE. :thumbs:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

mate wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:26 pm It was a good WWC final between 2 best teams. Spain deserved winner. Better players, football school, and coaching. Playing possession and precision with near perfection. Small but decisive enough margins.

England was too conservative. Too much back passing. Zero ideas and too slow up front. Too conservative to start James, opting for stiffs like Hemp and Russo. Over coaching and overthinking.

On the details, Lucy Bronze screwed up. Dribbled aimlessly, lost the ball, didn’t track back, Spain scored beautiful goal down her flank. That was a microcosm of the game. A few moments.

Spain also missed a penalty. But they’ve evolved the women’s game. Their play in the final 1/3 is a new standard. They’ll develop even better strikers, but this is where women’s football is going.

Watch that player Carmona, the Spain left back. That’s what a woman footballer can be.
...that was the 'killer' of the match for England. Momentary madness or switch off.
Maybe if it was still 0-0 during the pk save by the English goalie, Spain could have scored, but took it for granted, and we could have seen extra time plus pk shootout probably.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

mcal wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:55 pm
mate wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:26 pm It was a good WWC final between 2 best teams. Spain deserved winner. Better players, football school, and coaching. Playing possession and precision with near perfection. Small but decisive enough margins.

England was too conservative. Too much back passing. Zero ideas and too slow up front. Too conservative to start James, opting for stiffs like Hemp and Russo. Over coaching and overthinking.

On the details, Lucy Bronze screwed up. Dribbled aimlessly, lost the ball, didn’t track back, Spain scored beautiful goal down her flank. That was a microcosm of the game. A few moments.

Spain also missed a penalty. But they’ve evolved the women’s game. Their play in the final 1/3 is a new standard. They’ll develop even better strikers, but this is where women’s football is going.

Watch that player Carmona, the Spain left back. That’s what a woman footballer can be.
...that was the 'killer' of the match for England. Momentary madness or switch off.
Maybe if it was still 0-0 during the pk save by the English goalie, Spain could have scored, but took it for granted, and we could have seen extra time plus pk shootout probably.

I couldn't believe what Lucy did. She threw a mini-tantrum after losing the ball after that long dribble. Refused to run back to her side where Carmona was overlapping...I think I counted 3 seconds.

Man, even running back might have had a butterfly effect to prevent that goal.

England is a good team. They hung with everybody and then some. It says a lot for Spain to get the better of them so emphatically.

BTW: is it me or did the English goalie get well off her line before Hermoso took the PK that was blocked?
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:32 pm Waterloo Waterloo.... waterloooooooo :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

So happy they lost. Dem don begin hype their coach, talking about her being Southgate's replacement! nonsense! lauren James this! laurence Jamboree that! sharap! :rotf:

That also made me laugh.

Modern media has gone crazy.

Things is, you can tell pundits like Lalas, Lloyd, and Hingst don't buy into the BS. But they tap dance because they need their jobs. Lalas however pushes it a bit by calling out the patriotism thing with the US team.

It's a matter of time before the thought police get him cancelled...probably when Weigmann replaces Southgate.

:)
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Mightily impressed with the level of the women's game in this WC. I fear the USA might not win another WC for a very long time, if ever. They will probably become the Uruguay of women's football.
Last edited by Scipio Africanus on Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wha choo looking at?!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Mate, When is Croatia going to start balling at the WWC?? I bet your women can tap Lether too. :taunt:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

mate wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:58 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:32 pm Waterloo Waterloo.... waterloooooooo :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

That also made me laugh.

Modern media has gone crazy.

Things is, you can tell pundits like Lalas, Lloyd, and Hingst don't buy into the BS. But they tap dance because they need their jobs. Lalas however pushes it a bit by calling out the patriotism thing with the US team.

It's a matter of time before the thought police get him cancelled...probably when Weigmann replaces Southgate.

:)
Mate, When is Croatia going to start balling at the WWC?? I bet your women can tap Lether too. :taunt:

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

bret- hart wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:42 pm Mate, When is Croatia going to start balling at the WWC?? I bet your women can tap Lether too. :taunt:
Mate is American. He supports the USWNT :taunt:

Wha choo looking at?!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:43 pm
bret- hart wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:42 pm Mate, When is Croatia going to start balling at the WWC?? I bet your women can tap Lether too. :taunt:
Those All American shemales aint winning a world cup anytime soon. He better abandon ship.

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

bret- hart wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:45 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:43 pm
Those All American shemales aint winning a world cup anytime soon. He better abandon ship.
agent zero, did linda win the young player of the tournament? i missed the award presentation.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Team sports have faced cultural and funding impediments. Croatian women do well in individual but not team sports. The latter are more expensive to fund nationally and need much greater participation.

Croatia can produce a great female tennis player, discus thrower, or skier. But not a whole football team. It’s changing big time, but will probably take 3-4 WC cycles.

Also, population matters here. Women bear kids. We’re only 4M people so the pool isn’t big.

Our women are tall, athletic, and fighters. The potential is there. But for now I have to root for Team USA…although I don’t like them for obvious reasons.

😉