Kobbie Mainoo and 🇬🇭 Ghana

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Kobbie Mainoo and 🇬🇭 Ghana

Post by YUJAM »

He is a very talented player who may well develop into the type of player who can start for England. But part of me wonders if the call-up is all too early. I've seen too many 'African' players commit to England early only to be discarded when their form drops or better players emerge. These players would've had longer and more fulfilling careers had they chosen an African country. I am also reminded of the cautionary tale of Pedri, the Barca phenom who played so many games for Spain and Barca he developed chronic hamstring problems at 22.

I wish Mainoo was given the space and time to ease into stardom. But I know in this era of big money and high expectations in football that's not possible
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Olayemi14
Egg
Egg

Post by Olayemi14 »

He needs to be capped 3x in a competitive game to be ineligible for a Ghana switch.
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Any Ghanaian dreaming about this should just stop. He has gone the Saka way and no going back. Too good.
Olayemi14 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:37 am He needs to be capped 3x in a competitive game to be ineligible for a Ghana switch.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...if he had opted for Ghana they will mismanage him, plus injuries he might pickup playing in Africa may be incurable stunting his club career.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

The boy is on a meteoric rise. The debate on United app now is if he will make Euro 2024. I just hope he has good people around him to keep his feet on the ground. It only gets harder now that he’s a known quantity.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

This makes Manchester United’s purchase of Mason amount even more inexplicable (especially as United paid 55 million for a player in the last year of his contract 📑- AND who plays in the same position as Mainoo, Fernandes, Eriksen, and Van de Beek). Why on earth did they do that when they knew they already had 3 players who play in the same position as Mount, and a talented wonder kid (who also plays in the same position) on the horizon?
felarey wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:26 pm The boy is on a meteoric rise. The debate on United app now is if he will make Euro 2024. I just hope he has good people around him to keep his feet on the ground. It only gets harder now that he’s a known quantity.