Senegal vs CIV (1-1) Diallo, Kessie. CIV wins on PK

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Senegal vs CIV (1-0) Diallo

Post by Tobi17 »

Didn't Iwobi see red card for less in the last AFCON?

favoritism!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:02 pm Didn't Iwobi see red card for less in the last AFCON?

favoritism!
Jokes aside, WAY LESS!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

CIV stepping up
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Any hot links?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Fadiga , My boy Diouf and Diomansy up there
SuperEagles

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Ivory Coast are actually playing very composed. hmmmm.

Senegal has to break up this spell, as they are building up some confidence. You never let your opponent build up too much confidence. Whatever they need to do to disrupt the momentum. In Basketball you would call time out. Here they simply need to regain possession and hold it.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Seri and Gradel are past it and I don’t know why CIV is starting them in such a crucial match
I am happy
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Dammy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:21 pm Seri and Gradel are past it and I don’t know why CIV is starting them in such a crucial match
Especially with Boga, Adingra, Kessie, Amani and Kouame all on the nbench.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

This CIV team looks toothless so far.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

One shot each on goal!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marutimon wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:26 pm
Dammy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:21 pm Seri and Gradel are past it and I don’t know why CIV is starting them in such a crucial match
Especially with Boga, Adingra, Kessie, Amani and Kouame all on the nbench.
What did those ones do against EQG and Nigeria?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Fofana balling today
SuperEagles

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Fofana is just something else.....

Senegal need to deal with him soon.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Adingra and Amani have yet to play, but ok point on the rest.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Senegalese players are obsessed with take ons. Just pass the ball sometimes.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

you need your vets in a game like this in my humble opinion
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

CIV so far the better team, Senegal asides from their goal have looked very cautious.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

DAMN, that was a great chance for Senegal. What did Mane do there. If he cut that back properly. At the least the keeper has to force a save.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Senegal vs CIV (0-0)

Post by txj »

Good game so far
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:27 pm This CIV team looks toothless so far.

A combination of lack of patience and especially insufficient movement between the lines...

The first thing I would do is sub the guy on the right. He's playing like a homebased player...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:39 pm CIV so far the better team, Senegal asides from their goal have looked very cautious.
That's how Senegal plays especially with a lead. If I'm CIV, I will make sure to keep an eye on Mane who is playing a free role and will be a problem on counter attacks.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The Ivorians haven't created any clear cut chances but they've dominated possession of the ball. If this continues in the second half, they'll score. However, they need to be careful of the counter. The Senegalese have decided to sit back and defend so far but they are certainly capable of tearing through the Ivorian defense on the counter.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Just cashed out my bet.

I would rather make a little profit than risk losing it. A cool $300 AUD I just made, without the game even concluding.

I still think Senegal wins, but CIV are definitely not out of this.