City 0 Real 1

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
City 0 Real 1

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Rodrygo got a second bite of the apple to score

Wha choo looking at?!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: City 0 Real 1

Post by Coach »

Can’t. Defend. Won’t. Defend. Simple.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

The EPL is sh!tt. How many fouls from the EPL players to the La Liga players. They play the ball and they play the man. So pathetic to watch.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

30/1 on Danny Caravan, or whatever he’s called. Rudiger much the same. Little punt on both.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Guardiola: Ollie Watkins, Ollie Watkins, my kingdom for an Ollie Watkins. Been there. Done it. Best of British.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...these are 2 top class clubs and players. Madrid players are jittery when they get the ball, not composed to at least pass to their front men.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

One hanging on for dear life, the other doing their best Liverpool impersonation. 30 shots and counting. Surely a record for most shots on goal by a losing team. If they don’t do it in 30, they’ll lose it on pens.

Haaland. Another meaning match, another disappearing act.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

and the White House does it.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Vamos!!!!!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Adios Guardiola

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

City go follow us concentrate on EPL now :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Ruedigerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

From Chelsea to Real!!!
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...wow, 2 englander clubs dumped in one nite. London bridge must be coming down :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mcal wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm ...wow, 2 englander clubs dumped in one nite. London bridge must be coming down :rotf: :rotf:
crap weak league!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:53 pm One hanging on for dear life, the other doing their best Liverpool impersonation. 30 shots and counting. Surely a record for most shots on goal by a losing team. If they don’t do it in 30, they’ll lose it on pens.

Haaland. Another meaning match, another disappearing act.
The jailer/magician that ALWAYS makes him disappear? Rudiger.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Written a 4-page letter to a certain “online establishment” regarding a wager on Rudiger and Carvahal, either/or to score the winning goal. It’s not clearly stated that a decisive strike in a penalty shootout falls beyond the boundaries of the bet. This omission from their in-play option might cost them a pretty penny.
“Box up those bespoke loafers Betty, Italian leather, handmade by Giuseppe”.

“Cash or card?”

“Cash. Gwop. Wonga. Keep the change Pet, there’s plenty more where that came from if you’re offering extras”.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Every year the old guard must win trophies, how boring.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Because the new guard are merely holding fort till the Generals return. None of them can afford to buy the medals nor do they have the polish to have them sparkle. The game is rigged in that respect. Preservation of the status quo with admission to that cabal coming at the most princely of ransoms.

This isn’t the sport of Kings where heavy handed Hasim Rahman’s can floor leviathans that Lennox Lewis with the swing of a fist. Flush. For the power wielders, the big corporations and the media, a final 4 of Munich, Madrid, PSG and a wild card Borussia Dortmund, is money in the bank.

That being said, all 4 teams deserve to be there. Others had the chance and failed.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Coach wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:17 pm ^Because the new guard are merely holding fort till the Generals return. None of them can afford to buy the medals nor do they have the polish to have them sparkle. The game is rigged in that respect. Preservation of the status quo with admission to that cabal coming at the most princely of ransoms.

This isn’t the sport of Kings where heavy handed Hasim Rahman’s can floor leviathans that Lennox Lewis with the swing of a fist. Flush. For the power wielders, the big corporations and the media, a final 4 of Munich, Madrid, PSG and a wild card Borussia Dortmund, is money in the bank.

That being said, all 4 teams deserve to be there. Others had the chance and failed.
I don't know fam, it's all strange to me. This is why I prefer America's sports culture, no aristocratic clubs who "deserve" to win because of their heritage. I just find this fascination over older clubs weird. I prefer City and PSG or any other clubs except the old guard, I can't rock with Euro fans undercover racism.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Mr. Piffington wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:41 pm
Coach wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:17 pm ^Because the new guard are merely holding fort till the Generals return. None of them can afford to buy the medals nor do they have the polish to have them sparkle. The game is rigged in that respect. Preservation of the status quo with admission to that cabal coming at the most princely of ransoms.

I don't know fam, it's all strange to me. This is why I prefer America's sports culture, no aristocratic clubs who "deserve" to win because of their heritage. I just find this fascination over older clubs weird. I prefer City and PSG or any other clubs except the old guard, I can't rock with Euro fans undercover racism.
The New York Yankees say hello

Wha choo looking at?!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:50 pm

Not to mention Los Angeles Lakers, and Boston Celtics. Chief Piff, while there is some truth to what appears to be your belief that there is some rigging going on, the fact is that some teams attract the best players, the best coaches, and the best organizational staff because of their winning record. The winning DNA runs through their organization; they KNOW that they are more likely than some small kwia-kwia team to win, and that energizes their playing, their confidence, and their determination. Yes, the legacy teams get the calls from the refs, but there is much more to it than that. When a chosen player arrives at Real, the Champions League winning mentality is drummed into his head from minute one. If that mentality of "we own the Champions League" does not permeate his thinking and his play, he will warm the bench. There is an intangible "we know how to win" spirit that infuses the winning teams.

By the way, I am biased :biggrin: :biggrin: . I have been a fan of Real since I was a teenager. :biggrin: One day, one day, God willing, I will watch a Champs League match from the Santiago Bernabéu :thumbs: .
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

I knew someone would bring up the Yankees. Not nearly the same caliber as these aristocratic clubs that believes winning is their birthright. Real Madrid will win 43654 times and we'll all act like it some achievement. They should drop the pretenses and let these aristocratic clubs go form a super league.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

ohsee wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:27 pm

Not to mention Los Angeles Lakers, and Boston Celtics. Chief Piff, while there is some truth to what appears to be your belief that there is some rigging going on, the fact is that some teams attract the best players, the best coaches, and the best organizational staff because of their winning record. The winning DNA runs through their organization; they KNOW that they are more likely than some small kwia-kwia team to win, and that energizes their playing, their confidence, and their determination. Yes, the legacy teams get the calls from the refs, but there is much more to it than that. When a chosen player arrives at Real, the Champions League winning mentality is drummed into his head from minute one. If that mentality of "we own the Champions League" does not permeate his thinking and his play, he will warm the bench. There is an intangible "we know how to win" spirit that infuses the winning teams.

By the way, I am biased :biggrin: :biggrin: . I have been a fan of Real since I was a teenager. :biggrin: One day, one day, God willing, I will watch a Champs League match from the Santiago Bernabéu :thumbs: .
The Lakers and Celtics are nowhere near the same as these divine right clubs, they have a history of winning but American leagues are organized much better because they give others a chance to create their own dynasty. Imagine Manchester United winning the PL 13 times but moaning about City winning. Real will win the CL and it will be another boring "competition", City at least are upsetting these unbearable pattern.