[WC2006] Cote d'Ivoire (1-2) Argentina ...FT (Droggles 82')

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
senator
Egg
Egg

Post by senator »

Brilliant game!!!
''Watching United today was like watching your woman with another man. They were where we should have been, doing exactly what we should have been doing, and deep inside you know they were doing it better than we ever have.'' __Arsenal Fan after watching Man Utd defeat Roma 7-1 10/04/07

mouko wrote:
''Going by this list Nigeria would survive if they can score more than they would concede.''
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

kash n' karry wrote:
spiro9210 wrote:
green4life wrote:
spiro9210 wrote:Off side though
says who? ... clean onside goal.
Omo you blind. That was offside.
:evil: :twisted:

Spiro. DO u now see the difference b/w a an offside and a clear goal. That supposed 3rd goal was an offside bcos the Argie player moved b/4 the ball was released. It's all about timing.
Soccer101 for u boy.
-----------------------------
Truth. . . be told
sipro is a lost cause.
donx

Post by donx »

skillful wrote:master of time waster
That is why you have to put in more effort when you have time....Not when there's only 3 minutes left...

donx
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

look who popped in to watch a game and a half

spiro9210
Egg
Egg

Post by spiro9210 »

kash n' karry wrote:
spiro9210 wrote:
green4life wrote:
spiro9210 wrote:Off side though
says who? ... clean onside goal.
Omo you blind. That was offside.
:evil: :twisted:

Spiro. DO u now see the difference b/w a an offside and a clear goal. That supposed 3rd goal was an offside bcos the Argie player moved b/4 the ball was released. It's all about timing.
Soccer101 for u boy.
-----------------------------
Truth. . . be told
Second goal was offside cos both strikers upfront were going for ball, although only one was offside. If the other striker was walking back from offside and not taking part in the offensive play, then it is not offside.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

My friend, when you come here you are allowed to read, but let me not here pim from you.
tfco wrote:Damn, am I in an Argie forum or an African one?

YOu guys are so effing negative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

I called the score. :lol:
Good points for the prediction competition.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

TWO FC's - SVEN, MICHEL, AND...

...two poor performances. Results speak louder than analyses.
Bell
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Best match of the World Cup so far.

Argentina look like championship quality. CIV are OK but need to work urgently on what they do in the last 3rd.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

What can I say. When you play Argentina you CANNOT allow them to score first ... you cannot play with no sense of urgency ... you cannot make sloppy passes ... you cannot come here and act like you are in a Miss Universe contest and do a stupid wave to the crowd ...

Nigeria did no better in 2002 and CIV have taken a leaf from us ...

This is very very frustrating.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:What the hell did Tizie do there? He should have held on to that ball!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ayo you are something else!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

It seems there's a taboo in CIV that says "u cant shoot from outside the 18...u can only cross".
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

General Trousers wrote:What can I say. When you play Argentina you CANNOT allow them to score first ... you cannot play with no sense of urgency ... you cannot make sloppy passes ... you cannot come here and act like you are in a Miss Universe contest and do a stupid wave to the crowd ...

Nigeria did no better in 2002 and CIV have taken a leaf from us ...

This is very very frustrating.
We only have to wait 4 more years ...

Wha choo looking at?!
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

CIV made Africa proud, better than your not so super and perennial underachieving Eagles.
Why don't you ask the Argentinians who they respect more between Nig and IC.
Most entertaining game of the WC so far.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Dang! CIV were simply too inexperienced and rather lethargic in front of goal. They had some great chances to score especially in the first half. But truth is, if you don't take your chances at this level, you will be punished. This is exactly what happened to CIV.

Furthermore, I know hindsight is 50/40 but truly Bonaventure Kalou and Kader Keita were quite poor. Both of them missed sitters and were not decisive enuff with the ball.

Ultimmately tho CIV have nothing to be ashamed of. I think they deserved better but oh well..
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

General Trousers wrote:I don't enjoy watching us Africans get uselessed like this ...
GT,
They were not uselessed. They actually dominated the game and had way more scoring chances. They just suffered the problem of African teams: the inability to finish. This should have been at least a 4-2 game for Ivory Coast.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

General Trousers wrote:My friend, when you come here you are allowed to read, but let me not here pim from you.
tfco wrote:Damn, am I in an Argie forum or an African one?

YOu guys are so effing negative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

AreaDaddy wrote:Best match of the World Cup so far.

Argentina look like championship quality. CIV are OK but need to work urgently on what they do in the last 3rd.
Championship wetin?
Is this some kind of inferiority complex or are you testing out your repertoir of jokes on the rest of us ?
If they are championship quality, then the CIV are strong contenders.
Last edited by GREENWHITEGREEN on Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

no one is saying civ didnt do us proud. i think the whole of africa as well as england fans( due to the dislike for argentina) were behind ivory coast.

well done, we just wish them boys could have been more precise in front of goal and played with a bit more urgency.

also, how many times did the argies catch civ without numbers at the back, eboue would go forward, the midfield wouldnt come back to help,
hopefully those boys get it right b4 the next match.

--------------------------------------------
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Riche007 wrote:It seems there's a taboo in CIV that says "u cant shoot from outside the 18...u can only cross".
If you can't score when you are 8 yards from goal, what makes you think you can score when you are 18 or 28 yards away?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Ohsee:
I have to agree. CIV dominated sizeable spells of the match. I think a few things let them down:

1. Bad player selection. Bonaventure Kalou was rather ineffective. Kader Keita too.

2. Mistakes at the back: Led to two goals

3. Poor finishing
ohsee wrote:
General Trousers wrote:I don't enjoy watching us Africans get uselessed like this ...
GT,
They were not uselessed. They actually dominated the game and had way more scoring chances. They just suffered the problem of African teams: the inability to finish. This should have been at least a 4-2 game for Ivory Coast.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

The African idea of walka the ball into the net ... you need to bulala the object with a low on target shot.

Riche007 wrote:It seems there's a taboo in CIV that says "u cant shoot from outside the 18...u can only cross".
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The one that surprised me was the Kader Keita header in the six yard box. Why didn't he just shoot the mofo!
General Trousers wrote:The African idea of walka the ball into the net ... you need to bulala the object with a low on target shot.