[WC2006] Cote d'Ivoire (1-2) Argentina ...FT (Droggles 82')

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

YUJAM wrote:Ohsee:
I have to agree. CIV dominated sizeable spells of the match. I think a few things let them down:

1. Bad player selection. Bonaventure Kalou was rather ineffective. Kader Keita too.

2. Mistakes at the back: Led to two goals

3. Poor finishing
ohsee wrote:
General Trousers wrote:I don't enjoy watching us Africans get uselessed like this ...
GT,
They were not uselessed. They actually dominated the game and had way more scoring chances. They just suffered the problem of African teams: the inability to finish. This should have been at least a 4-2 game for Ivory Coast.
YUJAM,
In short, all the problems that dog African teams. I saw them play at the ANC, and said that this team does not have the kind of goalscoring instincts that will take it far at the mundial. I hope I am wrong, and this is just a one game problem.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Golasooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

The best thing about this game is that Ghana will get a lot of inspiration from the way CIV took it to Argentina. Ghana can, should and will do better against the other "soccer world power" Italy. All the soccer world powers are looking vulnerable so far in Germany, England and Argentina
Altobelli
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Altobelli »

That bwoy has been having stinkers upon stinkers for the CIV since the Cameroun/CIV WC qualifier in Abidjan last year! :evil: He was so useless in Egypt it wasn't funny at all.
YUJAM wrote:Dang! CIV were simply too inexperienced and rather lethargic in front of goal. They had some great chances to score especially in the first half. But truth is, if you don't take your chances at this level, you will be punished. This is exactly what happened to CIV.

Furthermore, I know hindsight is 50/40 but truly Bonaventure Kalou and Kader Keita were quite poor. Both of them missed sitters and were not decisive enuff with the ball.

Ultimmately tho CIV have nothing to be ashamed of. I think they deserved better but oh well..
Bonita Applebum, say you gotta put me on........
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

The best thing about this game is that Ghana will get a lot of inspiration from the way CIV took it to Argentina. Ghana can, should and will do better against the other "soccer world power" Italy. All the soccer world powers are looking vulnerable so far in Germany, England and Argentina
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
elerineye wrote:
kolinzo wrote:Ayo Akinfe, see your butterfinger goalie! :evil:
Ayo no go ansa lai lai, na so im dey do wen im don put im foot inside im mouf.
In what way was Tizie to blame for either of the goals?
This is not about the goal. Your African best Goalie, the one you chose over Enyeama, has butterfingers! He lacks the basic goalkeeping skills. He's too nervous to be fielded for big games!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Who agrees that Tizie is an aweful goalkeeper? :shock:
He could have cost Ivory Coast the game(goal that was not because the referee thought the ball wasn't in and the offside ball where Tizie also couldn't catch the ball).

Ivory Coast did theIe best.
They did by far better than Nigeria vs Argentina 4 years ago.
Drogba really showed all his bashers that he is world class but he can't run the show on his own and needs more support in upcoming group games.
I'm still optimistic Ivory Coast can make it out of this group.
Exept of the result their performance leaves a positive impression.

GO Les Elefants!
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Argentina easily contained the CIV tonight. They allowed CIV to huff and puff but rendered them ineffective until Argie overconfidence almost led CIV back. Argentina played the 2nd half as if they were strolling in the pack. CIV were simply naive at this level and I do not see them qualifying for the 2nd round.
I fear for all the other African reps and think only Tunisia can make it out of their group.
I am happy
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

CIV were disgraced. I do not understand those who make this statement, anyway here's what soccernet had to say

Argentina and the Ivory Coast breathed life into their 'Group of Death' with a thrilling encounter in Hamburg. The west Africans were unfortunate to be 2-0 down at the break to goals from Hernan Crespo and Javier Saviola. But a second period of unstinting effort and a late Didier Drogba goal kept the Argentines on the edge until the very end

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Ohsee:
I agree but I feel as if they'd taken a quick sec to think about those chances, they could've scored. Some of those chances were presented on a silver platter
ohsee wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Ohsee:
I have to agree. CIV dominated sizeable spells of the match. I think a few things let them down:

1. Bad player selection. Bonaventure Kalou was rather ineffective. Kader Keita too.

2. Mistakes at the back: Led to two goals

3. Poor finishing
ohsee wrote:
General Trousers wrote:I don't enjoy watching us Africans get uselessed like this ...
GT,
They were not uselessed. They actually dominated the game and had way more scoring chances. They just suffered the problem of African teams: the inability to finish. This should have been at least a 4-2 game for Ivory Coast.
YUJAM,
In short, all the problems that dog African teams. I saw them play at the ANC, and said that this team does not have the kind of goalscoring instincts that will take it far at the mundial. I hope I am wrong, and this is just a one game problem.
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

He could have cost Ivory Coast the game(goal that was not because the referee thought the ball wasn't in and the offside ball where Tizie also couldn't catch the ball).

Drogba really showed all his bashers that he is world class but he can't run the show on his own and needs more support in upcoming group games.

GO Les Elefants!

Naija 4 life!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Argentina easily contained the CIV tonight. They allowed CIV to huff and puff but rendered them ineffective until Argie overconfidence almost led CIV back. Argentina played the 2nd half as if they were strolling in the pack. CIV were simply naive at this level and I do not see them qualifying for the 2nd round.
I fear for all the other African reps and think only Tunisia can make it out of their group.
I am happy
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Ivory Coast played a great game and ultimately lost to an Argentina that certainly looks like a WC contender. The main difference in the teams was:

1) Composure & finishing in the offensive box.
2) Experience.

I have to say that Argentina has a bit of a suspect defense. Indeed, their tactics after going up 2 - 0 against a pressing team like Ivory Coast seemed wrong. Argentina plays best when possessing the ball and going on the attack. I think we will see some adjustments as they play more games.

I thought the Argentines scored a legitimate goal when the Ivory Coast keeper bobbled it. However, I would have called offsides on the 2nd Argentine goal. I just don't buy this so called passive player crap on offsides. It is a matter of subjectivity if a player is interfering or not.

Ivory Coast is still in it. This will really now test their mettle. There is no reason that they cannot forge 2 victories. They just need a bit better finishing and watch out for set pieces.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Dammy wrote:Argentina easily contained the CIV tonight. They allowed CIV to huff and puff but rendered them ineffective until Argie overconfidence almost led CIV back. Argentina played the 2nd half as if they were strolling in the pack. CIV were simply naive at this level and I do not see them qualifying for the 2nd round.
I disagree. Argentina did not "allow CIV" anything. The basic fact is that CIV broke them down again and again, but simply did not know how to find the net.
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

tfco wrote:CIV were disgraced. I do not understand those who make this statement, anyway here's what soccernet had to say

Argentina and the Ivory Coast breathed life into their 'Group of Death' with a thrilling encounter in Hamburg. The west Africans were unfortunate to be 2-0 down at the break to goals from Hernan Crespo and Javier Saviola. But a second period of unstinting effort and a late Didier Drogba goal kept the Argentines on the edge until the very end
CIV can still make it out of the group with 6 points and maybe even 4 points. They are not so bad in goal differential and if they put on their scoring boots and bench Kalou and play the Kone brothers this team can score goals and do well.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

KPOM! That was the main issue.
ohsee wrote:
Dammy wrote:Argentina easily contained the CIV tonight. They allowed CIV to huff and puff but rendered them ineffective until Argie overconfidence almost led CIV back. Argentina played the 2nd half as if they were strolling in the pack. CIV were simply naive at this level and I do not see them qualifying for the 2nd round.
I disagree. Argentina did not "allow CIV" anything. The basic fact is that CIV broke them down again and again, but simply did not know how to find the net.
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

mate wrote:Ivory Coast played a great game and ultimately lost to an Argentina that certainly looks like a WC contender. The main difference in the teams was:

1) Composure & finishing in the offensive box.
2) Experience.

I have to say that Argentina has a bit of a suspect defense. Indeed, their tactics after going up 2 - 0 against a pressing team like Ivory Coast seemed wrong. Argentina plays best when possessing the ball and going on the attack. I think we will see some adjustments as they play more games.

I thought the Argentines scored a legitimate goal when the Ivory Coast keeper bobbled it. However, I would have called offsides on the 2nd Argentine goal. I just don't buy this so called passive player crap on offsides. It is a matter of subjectivity if a player is interfering or not.

Ivory Coast is still in it. This will really now test their mettle. There is no reason that they cannot forge 2 victories. They just need a bit better finishing and watch out for set pieces.

Cheers, Mate
:evil: :twisted:

Finishing yes, experience naw!! Only 4 Argies from 2002 were retained. Henry Michel has loads of experience as well, Mate.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

tfco wrote:CIV were disgraced. I do not understand those who make this statement, anyway here's what soccernet had to say

Oh boy stop am! You called this game a disgrace? Ivory Coast played good soccer today only that they missed their opportunity and Argentina made theirs.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Abu Bakr
Egg
Egg

Post by Abu Bakr »

money wher is money ??

africa never win world cup with sick coach ..

CT show all fan in world he have classic player ..
Say: shall we tell you of those who lose most in respect of their deeds?
Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life, while they thought that they were acquiring good by their works?
QSurah 18. The Cave ..

http://www.islamhouse.com/
http://quran.islamway.com/rashed/002.ram
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

GO Les Elefants!

Naija 4 life!
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

ohsee wrote:
Riche007 wrote:It seems there's a taboo in CIV that says "u cant shoot from outside the 18...u can only cross".
If you can't score when you are 8 yards from goal, what makes you think you can score when you are 18 or 28 yards away?
Is there a rule that u cant shoot outside the 18 when u cant score from 8yards? Lampard and Gerrard made their names cos of the prowness from outside the 18. The best goal in the tournament so far was Germany's 4th goal and guess how it was scored?

That's always an option when you cannot easily dribble thru a defence and score from 6yards. Another benefit of shooting from outside is that there's a likelihood of scoring from a rebound. CIV had tons of chances/spaces to shoot from the top of the 18 or barely outside the 18 but they preferred dribbling to the touchline.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Altobelli
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Altobelli »

I disagree. The Argies were on the back foot for the last 15 minutes. The definitely didn't have it easy during that period of the game!
Bonita Applebum, say you gotta put me on........
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

DAgrin wrote:Who agrees that Tizie is an aweful goalkeeper? :shock:
ONLY Ayo no gree o, everybodi else agree say di bobo pass useless sef.