Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:00 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 592 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:09 am
Posts: 1016
Location: London
The most important thing is that he recovered and it was not a goal. That powerful header would have scored most goalkeepers. As much as I like Robinson, I do not see how he did better than Tizie but due to our colonial mentality, nobody in this forum has criticised him. Same for Leyman(Germany)

We are very good at looking for scapegoats to roast after a loss.

Unfortunately, Tizie who was blameless for the defeat is the target.

_________________
Talent can only blossom with hard work!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:40 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:01 am
Posts: 38398
Location: Eagles' Nest
tfco wrote:
elerineye wrote:
tfco wrote:
realplayer wrote:
The goalie was blameless for the 2 goals.

Riquelme was allowed too much freedom in the MF. I expected the Ivoriens to have closer and physical attention as the Argies did to Drogba.

The left winger held on to the ball too much and on many occasions dribbled himself into trouble. The quality of the crosses and corners were VERY poor from the Ivoriens.

If these lapses are resolved, then there is hope.



...and when I ask what Tizie did wrong today, I do not get a straight answer.

Am I talking to politicians here?


Why don't you just go and watch the game again like you said...


I did
- JJT fumbled the header which was an "almost" goal. That was a powerful header btw

Now what else did he fumble?? You guys are killing me. I have watched the game twice and I saw 1 fumble. Anyone?

What game did you watch twice? Do you think we are fools on this forum? I beg carry go, this is not ghanaweb. If you want to remain in denial fine but CIV better ensure that Tizie improve because he is going to cost them games. On deck is Holland and Serbia & Montenegro and if you think these team will be a walk in the ball park for CIV you are in for a rude awakening.

_________________
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:26 am
Posts: 9300
Robbynice wrote:
tfco wrote:
elerineye wrote:
tfco wrote:
realplayer wrote:
The goalie was blameless for the 2 goals.

Riquelme was allowed too much freedom in the MF. I expected the Ivoriens to have closer and physical attention as the Argies did to Drogba.

The left winger held on to the ball too much and on many occasions dribbled himself into trouble. The quality of the crosses and corners were VERY poor from the Ivoriens.

If these lapses are resolved, then there is hope.



...and when I ask what Tizie did wrong today, I do not get a straight answer.

Am I talking to politicians here?


Why don't you just go and watch the game again like you said...


I did
- JJT fumbled the header which was an "almost" goal. That was a powerful header btw

Now what else did he fumble?? You guys are killing me. I have watched the game twice and I saw 1 fumble. Anyone?

What game did you watch twice? Do you think we are fools on this forum? I beg carry go, this is not ghanaweb. If you want to remain in denial fine but CIV better ensure that Tizie improve because he is going to cost them games. On deck is Holland and Serbia & Montenegro and if you think these team will be a walk in the ball park for CIV you are in for a rude awakening.


Leave am, if to say na so Adjei dey keep na average of 5-0 Ghana for dey chop. Anyway, dem get anoda chance to cee de bobo against Holland...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 76044
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
elerineye wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
What game did you watch twice? Do you think we are fools on this forum? I beg carry go, this is not ghanaweb. If you want to remain in denial fine but CIV better ensure that Tizie improve because he is going to cost them games. On deck is Holland and Serbia & Montenegro and if you think these team will be a walk in the ball park for CIV you are in for a rude awakening.


Leave am, if to say na so Adjei dey keep na average of 5-0 Ghana for dey chop. Anyway, dem get anoda chance to cee de bobo against Holland...


OK then, answer the damn question.
What else did Tizie fumble other than the header?

Just answer and stop being silly

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:05 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 51225
ohsee wrote:
Africa and poor finishing. Na him dey finish us. This is a classic example of how our teams can dominate in midfield and yet cannot finish.


Spot on my bro. The Argies were clinical when it mattered, we were not.

I thought the ref was a disgrace, he gave everything to the Argies.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:09 am
Posts: 1016
Location: London
Please can anyone tell me how the rgie goalkeeper performed better than Tizie?

Is it because he is on the losing side and black?

For goodness sake, this guy was in goal in the ANC and the IC reached the finals. He did not concede a goal against an attack fueled Nigeria and Cameroon( 90 min) !!!

From all indications, he is the BEST the IC have from simple common sense. As much as Holland and Serbia will be togh tests, I do not feel the goalkeeping department is the area that needs to be improved.

I will recommend

1) Shooting practice for all strikers and midfielders so they can hit the target and not rely on only DD to score.
2) Better crossing and corner kicks especially as the IC players are tall. Also quick release of the ball from wide area to give DD the advantage as he is pacy.
3) Man marking and special attention to playmakers and strikers of the calibre of Riquelme. They did this in the ANC (Kanu, JJ, Geremi, Martins, JAG, Wome, Kome, Makoume and the mighty Eto'o)
4) More compact midfield and team work instead of individual play to the galery(over dribbling)

_________________
Talent can only blossom with hard work!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:57 am
Posts: 32507
Location: Not Here
tfco wrote:
elerineye wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
What game did you watch twice? Do you think we are fools on this forum? I beg carry go, this is not ghanaweb. If you want to remain in denial fine but CIV better ensure that Tizie improve because he is going to cost them games. On deck is Holland and Serbia & Montenegro and if you think these team will be a walk in the ball park for CIV you are in for a rude awakening.


Leave am, if to say na so Adjei dey keep na average of 5-0 Ghana for dey chop. Anyway, dem get anoda chance to cee de bobo against Holland...


OK then, answer the damn question.
What else did Tizie fumble other than the header?

Just answer and stop being silly


he dumbled the other cancelled goal remember it was only off side because the peson who scored after the fumble was offside

_________________
_________________
Oyibo na Oyibo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:26 am
Posts: 9300
tfco wrote:
elerineye wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
What game did you watch twice? Do you think we are fools on this forum? I beg carry go, this is not ghanaweb. If you want to remain in denial fine but CIV better ensure that Tizie improve because he is going to cost them games. On deck is Holland and Serbia & Montenegro and if you think these team will be a walk in the ball park for CIV you are in for a rude awakening.


Leave am, if to say na so Adjei dey keep na average of 5-0 Ghana for dey chop. Anyway, dem get anoda chance to cee de bobo against Holland...


OK then, answer the damn question.
What else did Tizie fumble other than the header?

Just answer and stop being silly


Listen! Don't ever refer to me as being silly ok. If you've seen this guy man the post since the ACN '06 and the game yesterday you'd have a clue what everyone is talking about.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:01 pm
Posts: 7558
green4life wrote:
bros,I no go lie... as I was watching this game, it hit me that this is the sort of game that Cameroon would have done well in. Your boys would have disrupted the pace & timing of the argie passing flow with timely phisical tackles in MF. Riquelme would have sweated his asss off. I was just fustrated cause I know that CIV has the personnel to beat argie.

mlkama wrote:
What is embarassing is the arrogance of the Argentines before and during this game. CIV was completely outthought and outclassed. Their inexperience was woefully exposed.

green4life wrote:
This game was lost by the CIV coaching staff. he should have gone with DD as the lone striker, 3 kard working MF's and 2 wide MF's with blazinf speed/skiill combo. Yaya, Zokora + ?? should have played centrally in ball winning type roles. Dindane should have started wide left in MF while perhaps any one of the Kone bros should have started wide right. It would not have made for a pretty game but at the end of the day only the scoreline matters. If you don't crowd the argie's in MF, practice the drill on how to pick the ball out of your net. Argie was certain of this game once they went ahead 2-0.... and their subs pattern betrayed this considering that neither tevez nor messi was deployed in the game.


... and those physical tackles would have been duly rewarded with red cards and penalties...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 22300
Location: Cyberspace
ohsee wrote:
Africa and poor finishing. Na him dey finish us. This is a classic example of how our teams can dominate in midfield and yet cannot finish.


So what is new?

_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:34 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 34204
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Na everytime Argentina dey wife us o. Wetin na?

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The only reason I can think of that God would have put Trump into office was because He ran out of locusts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 22300
Location: Cyberspace
cchinukw wrote:
Na everytime Argentina dey wife us o. Wetin na?


Bros no be today. As oga Ohsee obsahved, na poor finishing dey kill us. I just dey watch Bayern now. Every time they have even a sniff of goal, it is a goal. Any surprise that Germany have sent Saudi Arabia (8-0), England (4-1), Argentina (4-0), Portugal (4-0) and Brazil (7-1 ) home with truckloads of goals?

That is how to beat Argentina. Ruthlessly convert your chances.

_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:04 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:20 am
Posts: 21806
Location: Chiraq
Aruuunnnaaa Dindannneee what a player why did Michel RIP not start him in this game, he came on and immediately took over the game

_________________
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:09 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:20 am
Posts: 21806
Location: Chiraq
someone even made a video :)


_________________
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 22300
Location: Cyberspace
King Futcha wrote:
someone even made a video :)



Chief, this video, while nice to watch, is not helpful to Dindane. Lots of boneheaded dribbling into cul-de-sacs.

_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:40 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:20 am
Posts: 21806
Location: Chiraq
Scipio Africanus wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
someone even made a video :)



Chief, this video, while nice to watch, is not helpful to Dindane. Lots of boneheaded dribbling into cul-de-sacs.


like the bone headed move that created the goal? :)

nonsense

_________________
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 22300
Location: Cyberspace
King Futcha wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
someone even made a video :)



Chief, this video, while nice to watch, is not helpful to Dindane. Lots of boneheaded dribbling into cul-de-sacs.


like the bone headed move that created the goal? :)

nonsense


The goal was created after Dindane used his brain for once out of about 7 times he found himself on the flank. A simple pass into the center and Drogba was able to score. If he had kept it that simple all the other times CIV would have won that game. But no. Dribble, dribble, dribble with head down, get crowded out and lose the ball.

_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 592 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group