Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 2:15 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:44 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:42 am
Posts: 512
Location: Austin, TX
For those of you who know what that is here is the link
http://feeds.feedburner.com/Forumscyber ... EaglesNest [main index]
http://feeds.feedburner.com/Forumscyber ... antAndRave [rants & Raves]
http://feeds.feedburner.com/Forumscyber ... ogyHighway [Technology Highway]

For those who don't know what it is, RSS allows you get updates about a website as they happen ... without hitting refresh all the time. You just add the feed, set the number of times you'd like to poll for updates and when something new comes in (a new thread is posted) you should get an alert in your task bar.

Safari, IE 7, Firefox 2 and Opera have this capability built in.
A good free standalone RSS client is
Sharpreader

A good paid one, is Feed Demon

Feel free to move this if its in the wrong place, I've posted it in the Technology section but I also posted it here to get maximum exposure.

Post questions to this thread if you have any.

_________________
All your Nigerian news and newspapers in one place ...


Last edited by ikeo on Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:09 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:08 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:59 pm
Posts: 27915
Good call Ikeo.

I think it is fine here - one of those rae non soccer related threads that has universal/soccer appeal.

_________________
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 30570
well done and good shouting out. I recommend the thread be stickied. It will be very useful for match days as well.

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7717
Good looking out. I will sticky the thread for the time being. I believe that this is a useful tool that we should consider incorporating into how we do business on Gamedays when posts are coming rapid fire. If we can use this or something like it on Gamedays to moniter game updates, it will help reduce the type of clutter that typically bogs down the site on such occasions.

Just a thought.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:33 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:42 am
Posts: 512
Location: Austin, TX
I can help out with those legendary gameday problems and I also have a couple of ideas of how to monetize the forum so that it can at least pay for its hosting and what not.
If this sounds interesting to you guys, please get in touch ... I'm full of ideas :]

_________________
All your Nigerian news and newspapers in one place ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:19 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:57 am
Posts: 23430
Location: Calif., USA
ikeo wrote:
For those of you who know what that is here is the link
http://concept47.com/cyber_eagles/cybereagles_rss.php

For those who don't know what it is, RSS allows you get updates about a website as they happen ... without hitting refresh all the time. You just add the feed, set the number of times you'd like to poll for updates and when something new comes in (a new thread is posted) you should get an alert in your task bar.

Safari, IE 7, Firefox 2 and Opera have this capability built in.
A good free standalone RSS client is
Sharpreader

A good paid one, is Feed Demon

Feel free to move this if its in the wrong place, I've posted it in the Technology section but I also posted it here to get maximum exposure.

Post questions to this thread if you have any.


I have added it. I just hope say e n go bring all these "Tapeworm, Ringworm, Trojan horse, TRojan 8 etc wey I just cleaned up from my Kopura" Old boy the thing tire man. Never had any virus b4, this time they had a bonanza on my computer..

_________________
Quote:
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:29 am
Posts: 3667
..


Last edited by bakana on Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:29 am
Posts: 3667
CMS wrote:
I have added it. I just hope say e n go bring all these "Tapeworm, Ringworm, Trojan horse, TRojan 8 etc wey I just cleaned up from my Kopura" Old boy the thing tire man. Never had any virus b4, this time they had a bonanza on my computer..
ya kompura na dan blocker? :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:46 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:57 am
Posts: 23430
Location: Calif., USA
bakana wrote:
CMS wrote:
I have added it. I just hope say e n go bring all these "Tapeworm, Ringworm, Trojan horse, TRojan 8 etc wey I just cleaned up from my Kopura" Old boy the thing tire man. Never had any virus b4, this time they had a bonanza on my computer..
ya kompura na dan blocker? :twisted:


Old by the kain blokage wey I get now for the thing na wah. E pass the man wey chop tuba yam wey no fit go toilet for two days. Even sef he dey block me if I no identify mysef properly.. :twisted: :twisted:

_________________
Quote:
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:46 pm
Posts: 3608
HELP!

All I see is an XML file.

When I didnt see the automatic RSS feed button on firefox, I went ahead and added the url to my live book mark folder. The button shows up in the toolbar but when I click on it, it takes me to a static page that displays XML with the following header message:


This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:46 pm
Posts: 3608
Okay, I stopped being lazy and researched and solved the problem myself (auto-add RSS don spoil me finish). For other people who might need a tutorial on how to add the RSS feed:


http://www.ncess.ac.uk/learning/user_RSS/firefox/

Nice and simple to follow

Thanks a lot IKeo - good job.


Lefak wrote:
HELP!

All I see is an XML file.

When I didnt see the automatic RSS feed button on firefox, I went ahead and added the url to my live book mark folder. The button shows up in the toolbar but when I click on it, it takes me to a static page that displays XML with the following header message:


This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 30570
Lefak wrote:
HELP!

All I see is an XML file.

When I didnt see the automatic RSS feed button on firefox, I went ahead and added the url to my live book mark folder. The button shows up in the toolbar but when I click on it, it takes me to a static page that displays XML with the following header message:


This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.


wut browser are u using .. all i had to do was bookmark it and that was all!! i am using firefox 2.0

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:23 pm
Posts: 4509
Abeg,i need xml feeds for the rant &rave and technology section.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:02 pm
Posts: 5303
Location: Cyberspace
ikeo wrote:
For those of you who know what that is here is the link
http://concept47.com/cyber_eagles/cybereagles_rss.php

For those who don't know what it is, RSS allows you get updates about a website as they happen ... without hitting refresh all the time. You just add the feed, set the number of times you'd like to poll for updates and when something new comes in (a new thread is posted) you should get an alert in your task bar.

Safari, IE 7, Firefox 2 and Opera have this capability built in.
A good free standalone RSS client is
Sharpreader

A good paid one, is Feed Demon

Feel free to move this if its in the wrong place, I've posted it in the Technology section but I also posted it here to get maximum exposure.

Post questions to this thread if you have any.



Chief,
Please tell me more about your signature "Mr. Ofili" Are you my namesake?

_________________
http://www.thetimesofnigeria.com

The Times of Nigeria.
Breaking the news as it happens!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:26 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:59 pm
Posts: 27915
ikeo wrote:
I can help out with those legendary gameday problems and I also have a couple of ideas of how to monetize the forum so that it can at least pay for its hosting and what not.
If this sounds interesting to you guys, please get in touch ... I'm full of ideas :]


For starters, pease PM Suya, Rogba with those ideas you have.

Thanks once again.

_________________
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:58 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:42 am
Posts: 512
Location: Austin, TX
ofilis wrote:
Chief,
Please tell me more about your signature "Mr. Ofili" Are you my namesake?


Oga ... my last name is Ofili so yes we are probably namesakes.

_________________
All your Nigerian news and newspapers in one place ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:32 am
Posts: 1382
ikeo wrote:
ofilis wrote:
Chief,
Please tell me more about your signature "Mr. Ofili" Are you my namesake?


Oga ... my last name is Ofili so yes we are probably namesakes.


We share the same last name. Are you from Delta state?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:28 pm
Posts: 32766
Location: Somewhere
So there are 3 people on this site with Ofili as their last name... all not directly related. Hmm!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:12 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:42 am
Posts: 512
Location: Austin, TX
Hi Yiba,
I have added the feeds as you requested ... here they are.
http://www.concept47.com/cyber_eagles/c ... ch_rss.php
http://www.concept47.com/cyber_eagles/c ... ts_rss.php
(Check the OP for more details).
Yiba wrote:
Abeg,i need xml feeds for the rant &rave and technology section.

_________________
All your Nigerian news and newspapers in one place ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:13 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:42 am
Posts: 512
Location: Austin, TX
Idi Oro wrote:
We share the same last name. Are you from Delta state?


Yes sir, I am. Which part are you from?

_________________
All your Nigerian news and newspapers in one place ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:32 am
Posts: 1382
ikeo wrote:
Idi Oro wrote:
We share the same last name. Are you from Delta state?


Yes sir, I am. Which part are you from?



I am from Issele-Uku. Same as my cousin, Ofilis. What part are you from?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:46 pm
Posts: 3608
did you say isale eko? :D

Idi Oro wrote:
ikeo wrote:
Idi Oro wrote:
We share the same last name. Are you from Delta state?


Yes sir, I am. Which part are you from?



I am from Issele-Uku. Same as my cousin, Ofilis. What part are you from?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:46 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:57 am
Posts: 23430
Location: Calif., USA
Lefak wrote:
did you say isale eko? :D

Idi Oro wrote:
ikeo wrote:
Idi Oro wrote:
We share the same last name. Are you from Delta state?


Yes sir, I am. Which part are you from?



I am from Issele-Uku. Same as my cousin, Ofilis. What part are you from?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No mind the man na Mushin Olosha.. Just kidding.. Why you come carry Idi oro?

_________________
Quote:
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bk-one, Google [Bot], ikeo, Majestic-12 [Bot], mcal and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group