Mboma still hopeful for ANC place

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Alaafin
Egg
Egg
Mboma still hopeful for ANC place

Post by Alaafin »

Mboma waits for African Nations Cup place

YAOUNDE, Jan 7 (Reuters) - Cameroon striker Patrick Mboma is waiting to see if he will be playing at the African Nations Cup after being left out of a provisional squad of 26.

Though named last month in a list of 31 for the tournament being hosted by Tunisia from January 24-February 14, Mboma has been left out of the holders' latest provisional squad.

It was not known whether his absence from the list of 26 meant he was definitively out of Cameroon's tournament squad.

Mboma, who plays in Japan's J-League and is one of eight players from Cameroon's winning sides at the last two Nations Cup finals in 2002 and 2000, arrived in Cameroon on Monday for a vacation.

Cameroon are due to meet up on January 10 in Yaounde and play a friendly the following day against a local team before heading to a training camp in southern Spain on January 12.

The final list of 22 players is expected on January 19.

Cameroon are in Group C with Egypt, Zimbabwe and Algeria.

The 26-man provisional squad:

Goalkeepers: Idriss Carlos Kameni (Le Havre, France), Mathurin Kameni (Cotonsport), Patrick Amour Tignyemb (Tonnerre Yaounde)

Defenders: Rigobert Song (Lens, France), Jean-Joel Perrier Doumbe (Auxerre, France), Pierre Njanka (Sedan, France), Thierry Gathuessi (Montpellier, France), Bill Tchato (Kaiserslautern, Germany), Lucien Mettomo (Kaiserslautern), N'Gassam Falemi (Steaua Bucharest, Romania), Gustave Bahoken (Angers, France), Timothee Atouba (Basel, Switzerland).

Midfielders: Modeste Mbami (Paris St. Germain, France), Jean Makoun (Lille, France), Valery Mezague (Montpellier, France), Geremi (Chelsea, England), Eric Djemba Djemba (Manchester United, England), Justice Wamfor (Genk, Belgium), Marcus Mokake (Canon Yaounde)

Forwards: Achille Webo (Osasuna, Spain), Achille Emana (Toulouse, France), Mohammed Idrissou (Hanover 96, Germany), Samuel Eto'o (Real Mallorca, Spain), Joel Epalle (Panathinaikos, Greece), Pius Ndiefi (Al Ittihad, Qatar), and Daniel Ngom Kome (Numancia, Spain).
Iku Baba Yeye; Alase Ikeji Orisa

He who has power over life and death; Second-in-Command to the gods
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

I think Mboma has done enough for the country. All African FA's( with no exeption), are a disgrace to Africa. How can sports minister be deciding who the coach should call and who the coach shouldn't. Just when i thougth Ghana had a bad FA, i saw Nigeria, then now Cameroon. Just because these we Cameroon boys eat a lot of plantains makes our stupid FA's look so profesional. Cameroon is supposed to be laughing at Nigeria now, not with them. Damn it. :x
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

I have been waiting for a thread like this about Mboma.....he can be a backup reserve, when there is no hope for the opponenet or camroon, bring him in. Let the young stars shine. Does casmeroon need him???????Let him try sha, but he should not start............ :|
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

I don't think that Mboma will make the squad due to injury.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

KEEP HOPING MAN!
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

If he can at least help in bringing in NEEDED points,then wait for him to recover.

But if he will be there just to show his face,then just ignore his plea.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

He is still better than those yeey current Cameroonians
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
fatty
Egg
Egg

Post by fatty »

May be he will make the team by JUJU or how can he be hopeful when he was not call to camp
From green to super, eagles are soaring to Golden.