SHOULD I BRING BACK THE "ETHNIC BREAKDOWN" FOR THE EAGLES ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Poll ended at Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:28 pm

YES
59%
NO
41%

Total votes: 71

JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Its going to take a filibuster proof 60 votes for me to bring back the Ethnic breakdown. If we can get sixty people to vote and 60% of that vote is "YES"….. then the Ethnic break down will make a comeback.

For those of you who may not remember the Eagles have never lost when we do the ethnic break down.

Also as a bonus to guarantee our qualification for the world cup I will do the Ethnic breakdown of the Mozambique team to guarantee that they do not lose. This is unprecedented in history of the ethnic breakdown because I have never done the ethnic breakdown of a foreign team.

So if you want your Eagles in South Africa, vote “yes” !

Brought to you by the Solowe/Rasmussen/Surulere poll of Polls
Last edited by JACKAL on Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SHOULD I BRING BACK THE "ETHNIC BREAKDOWN" FOR THE EAGLES ?

Post by Ekorian »

We know you often hear voices in your head. I know you think this is normal but honestly, the messages from your invincible peers are meant for you so please stop opening useless polls and threads. geeeez!
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Solowe wrote:Its going to take filibuster a proof 60 votes for me to bring back the Ethnic breakdown. If we can get sixty people to vote and 60% of that vote is "YES"….. then the Ethnic break down will make a comeback.

For those of you who may not remember the Eagles have never lost when we do the ethnic break down.

Also as a bonus to guarantee our qualification for the world cup I will do the Ethnic breakdown of the Mozambique team to guarantee that they do not lose. This is unprecedented in history of the ethnic breakdown because I have never done the ethnic breakdown of a foreign team.

Talking of ethnicity, the Kenyan team will be 90% Luo (the tall dudes).
What percentage of Nigerian team will be Igbo?
So it's a Luo vs Igbo affair ? We shall see on the green grass what the Igbos can do in Nairobi!
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Ekorian wrote:We know you often hear voices in your head. I know you think this is normal but honestly, the messages from your invincible peers are meant for you so please stop opening useless polls and threads. geeeez!
I am guessing thats a "No" vote from you :mrgreen:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

goke313 wrote::???: what's the point
If you like tha smell of victory in the morning Goke...you will vote "yes" :thumbs:
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Major General Ogolo wrote:
Solowe wrote:Its going to take filibuster a proof 60 votes for me to bring back the Ethnic breakdown. If we can get sixty people to vote and 60% of that vote is "YES"….. then the Ethnic break down will make a comeback.

So it's a Luo vs Igbo affair ? We shall see on the green grass what the Igbos can do in Nairobi!

The current starting line up will be mostly Hausa + Yoruba
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

goke313 wrote:

That's some good piece of news right there!
I wish they could stop overloading the Kenyan squad with our people!
The national duties should be spread out across the country!
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

goke313 wrote:

You wont know that until break down is done for the world to see....
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Why dont you first post an "analysis" of how many of the US team is black and white. How many of the German team are ossis, how many of the Danish team are from Copenhagen and how many of the English team are from Southern England.

Mind you, no national newspaper in these countries will bother with such garbage, but that is precisely what defines Nigeria as a backward nation. Carry on in reverse gear....
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
- The Guardian UK, November 26, 2007
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Ziontrain wrote:Why dont you first post an "analysis" of how many of the US team is black and white.

Do you know there were no black quaterbacks, Head coaches, MD's Owners in the NFL till someone mentioned it...and then it ceases to be an issue......did it make them a "backward nation" when the issue was analysed

How many of the German team are ossis, how many of the Danish team are from Copenhagen and how many of the English team are from Southern England.

....Exactly how many are ossis on the German team ? more importantly, what is an ossis ? How many Copenhagenites are on that Danish team.....England...ahhh jolly old England...these are the same one's who didnt have a black player on their team till the mid 70's, no black head coaches today..I guess no one should talk about these issues since you can be categorized as a "backward nation"

Mind you, no national newspaper in these countries will bother with such garbage, but that is precisely what defines Nigeria as a backward nation. Carry on in reverse gear....

Are you kidding me ? What country do you live in...? Western newspapers dont discuss race breakdowns, or quotas, statistics...isnt this the information thats used to shape public policy
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Why are 90% Luo's...I thought Kikuyus controlled sports in Kenya...What is Olichs ethnicity

Also how come the Kalengis are not playing soccer...wont those guys run any team to death ??
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

goke313 wrote:

That's some good piece of news right there!
I wish they could stop overloading the Kenyan squad with our people!
The national duties should be spread out across the country!
That means your Luo people will be reuniting in Nairobi with their long lost brethrens from naija
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Solowe wrote:
Ziontrain wrote:Why dont you first post an "analysis" of how many of the US team is black and white.

Do you know there were no black quaterbacks, Head coaches, MD's Owners in the NFL till someone mentioned it...and then it ceases to be an issue......did it make them a "backward nation" when the issue was analysed

How many of the German team are ossis, how many of the Danish team are from Copenhagen and how many of the English team are from Southern England.

....Exactly how many are ossis on the German team ? more importantly, what is an ossis ? How many Copenhagenites are on that Danish team.....England...ahhh jolly old England...these are the same one's who didnt have a black player on their team till the mid 70's, no black head coaches today..I guess no one should talk about these issues since you can be categorized as a "backward nation"

Are you kidding me ? What country do you live in...? Western newspapers dont discuss race breakdowns, or quotas, statistics...isnt this the information thats used to shape public policy
1) You are not "discussing" - you are obsessing.
2) Were you interested in actually analysing anything, why dont you put down a detailed study of productivity of players by tribe and justify why we should care. But rabid quota obsession is so 1970s its not even funny.
3) No, in both European countries I have lived in, plus the US, I did not encounter any racial breakdown of their football team

As I said, this is precisely why a nation of 150MM operates as an inferior to European nations with one tenth the population. Go on with the obsession man. Go on. This is how Nigeria will get itself into the 21st century - footballing quota programs. :D :D
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Ziontrain wrote:
Solowe wrote:

1) You are not "discussing" - you are obsessing.

I have no idea what you mean...i always discuss....obsessively !! :mrgreen:

2) Were you interested in actually analysing anything, why dont you put down a detailed study of productivity of players by tribe and justify why we should care. But rabid quota obsession is so 1970s its not even funny.

First of all if I dont break it down, how am I going to analyse what you are suggesting.

It seems to me you dont understand the point of the Ethnic breakdown....The only reason i ever wrote it is to point out the unspoken rule in player selection policy in Nigeria. Why is it over a 30 year period we have somehow managed to have representation of all the geopolitical zones on all national teams. This obviously couldnt be a coincidence!!! My beef with Nigerian Authorities is that they can go ahead and pick a team that does not have Yorubas if there are no good enough Yoruba players...but they dont do that, they always manage to include one of each group.

3) No, in both European countries I have lived in, plus the US, I did not encounter any racial breakdown of their football team

Dont be silly !! so if they are not doing something in Europe or the US we cannot discuss it in Nigeria...Race is not ethnicty.....besides most of their societies have over come those issues on the field, but not in the boardroom or the coaching ranks BTW...you do know who Jackie Robinson is ?..You have heard of Jimmy the greek right ?

Their problems are not our problems...their societies are not as ethnically fractured as ours....their issue is race ..ours is not...its ethnicity!! Why would we talk about race when we only have one in Nigeria....so talk about what we have whats a challenge for us....

As I said, this is precisely why a nation of 150MM operates as an inferior to European nations with one tenth the population. Go on with the obsession man. Go on. This is how Nigeria will get itself into the 21st century - footballing quota programs. :D :D

I dont beleive we are inferior to them.....is this what you think of your self...inferior to white people....i see why you want to only emulate whatever it is they do ...you need to get out of that house, and come check the field, negro !!
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

59 % to 41 % ??? What !!!! I didnt know the vote was going to be this close... Kai, the anachist are getting close to winning oooo....:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

However, I am confident those of us who want the eagles to qualify will come through with the "YEA" votes
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Solowe wrote:
Ziontrain wrote: 2) Were you interested in actually analysing anything, why dont you put down a detailed study of productivity of players by tribe and justify why we should care. But rabid quota obsession is so 1970s its not even funny.

First of all if I dont break it down, how am I going to analyse what you are suggesting.

It seems to me you dont understand the point of the Ethnic breakdown....The only reason i ever wrote it is to point out the unspoken rule in player selection policy in Nigeria. Why is it over a 30 year period we have somehow managed to have representation of all the geopolitical zones on all national teams. This obviously couldnt be a coincidence!!! My beef with Nigerian Authorities is that they can go ahead and pick a team that does not have Yorubas if there are no good enough Yoruba players...but they dont do that, they always manage to include one of each group.
Yada yada yada. Whateve. Just provide an analysis of on-the-field productivity to prove that someone specific does not deserve to be on the team. Go ahead. THAT is the breakdown that would be helpful, not some five kobo worth of "ethnic breakdown" that could be completed by a class 5 student in short pants.
Solowe wrote:
Ziontrain wrote: As I said, this is precisely why a nation of 150MM operates as an inferior to European nations with one tenth the population. Go on with the obsession man. Go on. This is how Nigeria will get itself into the 21st century - footballing quota programs. :D :D
I dont beleive we are inferior to them.....is this what you think of your self...inferior to white people....i see why you want to only emulate whatever it is they do ...you need to get out of that house, and come check the field, negro !![/color]
Actually, you dont have to "believe" anything. Deal with the facts. Instead ask yourself how many times say the Netherlands have reached the WC semi final with one tenth of our population.

Am I personally inferior to white folks? No - that is your lame attempt at a red herring. But Nigeria as a nation is factually speaking, inferior far too many small European countries, not least on footballing terms. These are the facts. So why dont you let go of the tribal obsession and instead start supporting the players wearing the green jersey.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

goke313 wrote:Just post w/e your going to post...what's the point of asking for permission

Its not about permission...its about support of the people and If I do not get it, i will not post it. I respect the wishes of people here on CE...if they dont think they need the ethnic breakdown to win, so be it !!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Hell NAH!!! :boo: :boo: :boo:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Ziontrain wrote: Yada yada yada. Whateve. Just provide an analysis of on-the-field productivity to prove that someone specific does not deserve to be on the team. Go ahead. THAT is the breakdown that would be helpful, not some five kobo worth of "ethnic breakdown" that could be completed by a class 5 student in short pants.

I have done my analysis of many years here on CE and I know you have seen and read it many times. The bottom line is we should not be neccesarily picking players becuase of ethnicity and that is how they are selecting some players on the team.

Solowe wrote:
Ziontrain wrote: As I said, this is precisely why a nation of 150MM operates as an inferior to European nations with one tenth the population. Go on with the obsession man. Go on. This is how Nigeria will get itself into the 21st century - footballing quota programs. :D :D
I dont beleive we are inferior to them.....is this what you think of your self...inferior to white people....i see why you want to only emulate whatever it is they do ...you need to get out of that house, and come check the field, negro !![/color]
Actually, you dont have to "believe" anything. Deal with the facts. Instead ask yourself how many times say the Netherlands have reached the WC semi final with one tenth of our population.

Am I personally inferior to white folks? No - that is your lame attempt at a red herring. But Nigeria as a nation is factually speaking, inferior far too many small European countries, not least on footballing terms. These are the facts. So why dont you let go of the tribal obsession and instead start supporting the players wearing the green jersey.

You are basing your percieved inferiority of Nigeria to small european countries based on what exactly ???
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

airwolex wrote:Hell NAH!!! :boo: :boo: :boo:
oboy, if we lose I go blame you o !! :biggrin:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Those of you who love freedom and the eagles, you should vote now before the poll closes....

We are now down to 57% to 43%....and the % changes are not going to work in our favor. The higher the vote tally gets,...percentage wise, its going to be like 1 negative vote will equal roughly 2 positive votes, so we have our work cut out for us.....

If you like underdogs vote "yes"
If you like barak Obama vote "yes
If you like John Macain vote "no"

13 "yes" votes will get us to the promised land people....lets get out the vote"...PM your friends, neighbours, Moderators, Administrators, fellow forumers....this is the most important poll of our life time

This one could be a nail bitter :mrgreen: