FIFA may reject Brown / Mikel switch

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

dcf1
Egg
Egg
FIFA may reject Brown / Mikel switch

Post by dcf1 »

I've voraciously read up everything I can about Mikel's withdrawal, and I have to say that Ideye's position is in great doubt.

FIFA rules permit replacement of any player within the 23 by anyone provided that the player is found to be injured by a FIFA doctor without hope of recovery before July 11.

But it is clear that Mikel was afraid of ending his career like Amokachi, and that in consultation with the agent John Shittu he decided to withdraw 48 hours BEFORE the Chelsea doctor was due to arrive to review his knee.

FIFA can certainly accept his withdrawal, but under their own rules his eligibility to be replaced looks highly doubtful.

I find the whole incident depressing. This is not a 14 day Nations Cup but a four week tournament, and the knockout stage is still three weeks away. I'm unconvinced that this was the right moment to withdraw.
Eagle Winged
Egg
Egg
Re: FIFA may reject Brown / Mikel switch

Post by Eagle Winged »

When are North Korea pulling out?

When will FIFA announce Ireland as their replacement?
Drake
Egg
Egg

Post by Drake »

I came to this thread for hope, only to find musings. :?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

DCF, where do u pull ur stories from? Obviously not from the "Tribune".
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
dcf1
Egg
Egg

Post by dcf1 »

Drake wrote:I came to this thread for hope, only to find musings. :?
There's always hope.

We still have three defensive midfielders of high quality.

And more to the point, Lukman Haruna has the potential to be a better attacking midfielder than Mikel ever will be, but we have a deeply conservative coach who was likely to use him from the bench. Now Lagerback's only alternative to Haruna is Kalu Uche, so Haruna is likely to play a far bigger role.

Successful World Cup teams only use around 18 of their 23 players. That equates to our starters plus Yakubu, Martins, Kalu Uche, Nsofor, Etuhu, Echiejile and Yobo, so it's still do-able. Just.
dcf1
Egg
Egg

Post by dcf1 »

I pulled this story from reading the rules on FIFA's website, which specifies that a FIFA doctor must examine the player and clear his withdrawal and replacement.

And from the reports everywhere that Mikel himself elected to leave, two days before the Chelsea doctor was due to arrive.

I suspect that Lagerback and the NFF haven't read those rules allowing replacements from outside the 23,because there would be several better replacements for a central midfielder than Brown, such as Ajilore or even the fit-again Obodo.
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

DCF1 why do you like chatting shite ?..... :?
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
Maradona
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Maradona »

Player wrote:DCF1 why do you like chatting shite ?..... :?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The danger in hunting down evil, is that you gradually become that which you seek to destroy..

"While this Czech man is impressive, d#$% Cheney, Don Rumsfeld and the rest of the US Republican establishment have been living without a heart for a far longer time." - Scipio Africanus' reaction to news that a Czech man had undergone a surgical procedure that enabled him to live for 6 months without a heart.
wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by wazobia »

dcf1, where do you get these tiresome ideas from? I don't see FIFA intervening in this.Clearly Mikel would not withdraw if fully fit, whether he is partly fit or will be fit later on in the tournament, your guess is good as mine. I don't see FIFA forcing someone who is partly fit on a team.As to the choice of Ideye, Nigeria can replace Mikel with whomever they wish but Lagerback had committed himself to one of the 7 that were dropped when the final 23 were picked. It is also unlikely that anyone not the the preliminary 30 would be anywhere close to fitness at this time.
WOWO = ONO (oh no!) = OBO

WOWO 'We only want Oyinbo'

ONO 'Oyinbo na Oyinbo'

OBO 'Oyinbo be Oyinbo'
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

dcf1 wrote:I've voraciously read up everything I can about Mikel's withdrawal, and I have to say that Ideye's position is in great doubt.

FIFA rules permit replacement of any player within the 23 by anyone provided that the player is found to be injured by a FIFA doctor without hope of recovery before July 11.

But it is clear that Mikel was afraid of ending his career like Amokachi, and that in consultation with the agent John Shittu he decided to withdraw 48 hours BEFORE the Chelsea doctor was due to arrive to review his knee.

FIFA can certainly accept his withdrawal, but under their own rules his eligibility to be replaced looks highly doubtful.

I find the whole incident depressing. This is not a 14 day Nations Cup but a four week tournament, and the knockout stage is still three weeks away. I'm unconvinced that this was the right moment to withdraw.
...if administration can fcvvuk up, players and agents can too :???:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

When you open shalanga, na weting go come out? :tic: :sneaky:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Eagle Winged wrote:When are North Korea pulling out?

When will FIFA announce Ireland as their replacement?
:D :D :D :D :D
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Did Rio meet with Fifa's doctors first before he was withdrawn from the England team and Dawson called up to replace him?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
dudu
Egg
Egg

Post by dudu »

dcf1 wrote:
Drake wrote:I came to this thread for hope, only to find musings. :?
There's always hope.

We still have three defensive midfielders of high quality.

And more to the point, Lukman Haruna has the potential to be a better attacking midfielder than Mikel ever will be, but we have a deeply conservative coach who was likely to use him from the bench. Now Lagerback's only alternative to Haruna is Kalu Uche, so Haruna is likely to play a far bigger role.

Successful World Cup teams only use around 18 of their 23 players. That equates to our starters plus Yakubu, Martins, Kalu Uche, Nsofor, Etuhu, Echiejile and Yobo, so it's still do-able. Just.
Lars Largerback has never used Kalu Uche in the midfield role in the 2 friendlies He has handled; I think Haruna is going to be a starter.I hope He won't be overwhelmed sha
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

pajimoh wrote:

When you open shalanga, na weting go come out? :tic: :sneaky:
:rotf: :rotf: This is the same dunce that told us we should be preparing for the match against Uruguay when we had not even prepared for the matches against our teams in our group
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

DCF1, when quoting from the FIFA Policy Documents, please be sure to provide links to the document or quote the document verbatim.

x
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

DCF1 is a funny guy
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Dcf1 talks a lot of rubbish.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
wawa
Egg
Egg

Post by wawa »

I wonder what part of dcf1's brain lights up when he confabulates. Dude, if you are ever in Boston let me know, I know a couple of guys who could use you as subject to define precisely what parts of the brain are used for making up stories that are not true. Get a hold of yourself man, you imagine too much but for too little effect.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

DCF1,
dont mind all this haterz jare keep doing your thing, if those in our country look at all their options when taking decisions also and also read the rules we wont have NFA chariman saying he is not aware of an head to head rule.

Ignorance is bliss for most people dont let them discourage you
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournam ... halt_e.pdf

Here are the rules for the WC. I will not bother giving the chapters or pages that govern player withdrawals because of those who have abused, insulted and belittled DCFI. :curse: :curse:

What I find reprehensible is those who have not done homework attacking DCF1, who has clearly done his homework and is trying to educate. Why call the guy names? The guy has gone and read the rules, he has given us his version of what he has read, what does he get for his trouble, some are giving him grief. :mad: :mad:

DCF1. Thanks for your thread, at least it will educate as to the rules of this competition. With regard to Obi's withdrawal, you are spot on with your conclusion. Here is the relevant section:

A player listed on the final list may only be replaced in the event of serious
injury up until 24 hours before the kick-off of his team’s fi rst match. The
replacement players do not need to be limited to the release list of 30 players.
Such replacements must be approved in writing by the FIFA Medical Committee
upon receipt and acceptance of a detailed medical assessment in one of the
four offi cial FIFA languages. The FIFA Medical Committee will approve the
request if the injury is suffi ciently serious to prevent the player from taking part
in the competition. The participating member association shall inform FIFA
accordingly of the player’s full details (cf. art. 26, par. 4) at the same time as
when submitting the request to replace the injured player.

However, you seem to be supposing we have not met the rules as required by FIFA because of the reports stating Obi withdrew on advice from his agent Shittu and his withdrawal has not met with a FIFA medical inspection and clearance. If this is the situation, then you have a point when you say, Ideye Brown's call up could be against the rules and we run the risk of him being excluded by FIFA. But I do not think this is the case because we have no evidence so far to back to up. This is why I am of the view that it is all supposition until we are furnished with the facts. As much as I cannot eliminate this possibility that the rules have not been adhered to by our bungling and inept administrators, my view is we suppose the corrupt thieving *kindpeople* that run our football have done things properly this time around.

Do not get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with your position and you have every right to express your fears, even if many here do not like it. I just hope you are not put off by these people and continue to express your views and opinion.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Why am i not surprised, you guys just like to open ya mouth anyhow acting like you guys are part of some kind of special football committee, abeg make una go rest jor.... :sneaky:
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
hurricaneeddy
Egg
Egg

Post by hurricaneeddy »

dcf1 wrote:I've voraciously read up everything I can about Mikel's withdrawal, and I have to say that Ideye's position is in great doubt.

providing a link will be more appreciated...what you have provided here are your own summations not facts....mikel is out of the WC that is a fact.
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

"He took a lot of punishment and fought until the end," said Klitschko. "But from round two, it was clear that his game plan wasn't working. lol. september 11 klitschko vs peter