PELE made a prediction!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dinando
Egg
Egg
PELE made a prediction!

Post by Dinando »

Pele Predicts Brazil And Spain For Possible World Cup Glory

As reported by the Daily Mirror, Brazilian footballing legend Pele has expressed his belief that Brazil and Spain are the favourites to win the World Cup, although Pele also spoke of his hope for an African finalist.

"Spain and Brazil have the best teams, but it is difficult to point to a specific team as a favourite," said the former No. 10. "I would love to see Brazil playing one of the African teams in the final. I have good knowledge of Africa and have no doubts that it will be a great World Cup this summer. It will be a good tournament, well organised and very exciting."

As for his home country's chances, Pele admitted that Brazil will have to work hard.
"Brazil will have to be at their best to win the World Cup this summer. It will be hard, but they can do it." Among others, Pele also picked England as a potential candidate, citing Fabio Capello's ability as a great coach and labelling the England squad as one with "good players, Wayne Rooney being the most dangerous".

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slu ... landspainf
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: PELE made a prediction!

Post by kolinzo »

Well, from all indications, predictions will always be Brazil to win the cup. But Pele got it wrong with Spain because from all indication, it will take a miracle for Spain to even reach the semis.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

kiss of death.. neither team will be in the finals :lol:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Spain will not smell quarterfinals of dis WC.

Wha choo looking at?!
Igbanibo
Egg
Egg

Post by Igbanibo »

Well, no team that has ever been in Pele's prediction has won the World Cup, so I guess no Brazil, no Spain.
Altobelli
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Altobelli »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Spain will not smell quarterfinals of dis WC.
KPOM!! :lol:
Bonita Applebum, say you gotta put me on........
gmoni
Egg
Egg

Post by gmoni »

Altobelli wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Spain will not smell quarterfinals of dis WC.
KPOM!! :lol:

KPOM!! KPOM!!
chilling!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

100%Naija wrote:kiss of death.. neither team will be in the finals :lol:
I was just about to say that, it's like George bush campaigning for a candidate; you know that candidate is toast automatically. So we now know that Brazil and Spain are out of contention.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Damn that Pele!!!

:sneaky:

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

thank the lord for little mercies, this time he kept our name off his lips.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

When Pele is quiet, he is a poet. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Waffiman wrote:When Pele is quiet, he is a poet. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Abeg, make una leave O Rei alone ojare. He has earned the right to talk ship.
Ghanaba
Egg
Egg

Post by Ghanaba »

ohsee wrote:
Robby is royalty. You heard it hear first. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bàtà orí àkìtàn náà ròde ìyàwò rí
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Ghanaba wrote:
ohsee wrote:
Robby na court jester compared to Pele.

How your bodi dey do you now? I hope you're all better.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
blackjack
Egg
Egg

Post by blackjack »

spain and brazil won't win it.Now it's 100 % garanteed.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

platinum wrote:
Ghanaba wrote:
ohsee wrote:
Robby na court jester compared to Pele.

How your bodi dey do you now? I hope you're all better.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

OK...that means Brazil and Spain will fail to advance out of the group stage.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Pele Predicts Brazil And Spain For Possible World Cup Glory

As reported by the Daily Mirror, Brazilian footballing legend Pele has expressed his belief that Brazil and Spain are the favourites to win the World Cup, although Pele also spoke of his hope for an African finalist.

"Spain and Brazil have the best teams, but it is difficult to point to a specific team as a favourite," said the former No. 10. "I would love to see Brazil playing one of the African teams in the final. I have good knowledge of Africa and have no doubts that it will be a great World Cup this summer. It will be a good tournament, well organised and very exciting."

As for his home country's chances, Pele admitted that Brazil will have to work hard.
"Brazil will have to be at their best to win the World Cup this summer. It will be hard, but they can do it." Among others, Pele also picked England as a potential candidate, citing Fabio Capello's ability as a great coach and labelling the England squad as one with "good players, Wayne Rooney being the most dangerous".

This Pele's Kiss of death is really true;
BRAZIL is Gone, An African Team GHANA is gone, ENGLAND is gone, SPAIN is Next to go home judging from their poor showing aginst Paraguay today.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

jette1 wrote:Pele Predicts Brazil And Spain For Possible World Cup Glory

BRAZIL is Gone, An African Team GHANA is gone, ENGLAND is gone, SPAIN is Next to go home judging from their poor showing aginst Paraguay today.
I THINK GERMANY IS NEXT TO GO
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

zoro wrote:

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Germany beats Spain.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
zoro wrote:

did you say IF ? is not a question of IF, it's WHEN by the way pele did not mention Gremany which means they win against spain/ and if you watched spain today you know they are done

DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
zoro wrote:

it also was surprising for many that Germany beat England and especially Argentina in such an impressing fashion.
Germany has the perfect game plane for each game and opponent and the individual skill too nowdays and I now believe no team is prepared and ready for that.
Neither Spain nor Holland!
This german team might just go all the way.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!