MIKEL IS A PUNK

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

sabb
Egg
Egg
Re: MIKEL IS A PUNK

Post by sabb »

kolinzo wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:Anyone who thinks a young guy would not want to play in the world cup is a complete dunce! It's obvious the guy couldn't play!
With respect, he turned down the chance to play in the Olympics because he wanted to impress his new coach at Chelsea so it's not that implausible.
This is what you guys don't understand, Mikel has morals! Remember he wasn' the only one who turned down the Olympics, TnT did the same thing.

A doctor can declare you injury free but that does not mean you are fit to play. The earlier you guys get this the better. A doctor can declare you injury free but cannot know exactly what you are feeling in your body. The earlier you guys get this the better. The Mikel we saw jubilating with teamates three weeks ago can not be fit. No way!!
a lot of peeps on CE said dude cant be ready 4 d world cup wen dey saw him on dat fateful day chelsea won d cup, now bobo pulls out saying he aint ready n he's called names. it dont matter neway cos if he was tryna pull a fast one na him go suffer am not naija so dont know what d fuss is abt, naija is bigger dan any player.
i say big ups 2 those representing
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

sabb wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:Anyone who thinks a young guy would not want to play in the world cup is a complete dunce! It's obvious the guy couldn't play!
With respect, he turned down the chance to play in the Olympics because he wanted to impress his new coach at Chelsea so it's not that implausible.
This is what you guys don't understand, Mikel has morals! Remember he wasn' the only one who turned down the Olympics, TnT did the same thing.

A doctor can declare you injury free but that does not mean you are fit to play. The earlier you guys get this the better. A doctor can declare you injury free but cannot know exactly what you are feeling in your body. The earlier you guys get this the better. The Mikel we saw jubilating with teamates three weeks ago can not be fit. No way!!
a lot of peeps on CE said dude cant be ready 4 d world cup wen dey saw him on dat fateful day chelsea won d cup, now bobo pulls out saying he aint ready n he's called names. it dont matter neway cos if he was tryna pull a fast one na him go suffer am not naija so dont know what d fuss is abt, naija is bigger dan any player.
i say big ups 2 those representing
Agreed, na em loss so lets move on sha.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

Only the player knows how his body feels, in spite of the so-called doctors' verdicts. Besides, it takes a lot to return to match sharpness after a knee injury.
People describing Mikel as "Punk" need to exercise restraint; no sane player would give up a WC shirt without a genuine reason. If anything, Mikel should be applauded for being patriotic. The last time some big Naija players went to tourneys through pain, their careers ended prematurely...ask Amokachi, Amunike... :idea:
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Chxta wrote:
Molue Conductor wrote:All i know is that if Martins had done this, there would be more people screaming Blue murder
Precisely.
kpom...and G4L would have been the leader of that movement
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

2drama wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Riversboy[/color] wrote: Shebi you never hear sey we no suppose insult players again?

REWRITE: Mikel's decision was punkish.

SUYA: It's repetitive stress injury from kicking the ball in an unnaturally backward direction.
:rotf:
:scared: choi Ce na wicked place :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

goke313 wrote:
Chxta wrote:
Molue Conductor wrote:All i know is that if Martins had done this, there would be more people screaming Blue murder
Precisely.
kpom...and G4L would have been the leader of that movement

That's a damn lie. I rarely start threads talkless of these sort of hatorade threads against our players. Pull up one thread that I started dissing a SE or Nigerian player. Just one.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Chineke ooo. Vancity Eagle and Bigpokey agreeing on something. This is like Osama Bin laden and George Bush (jnr.) having supper together. :shock: :shock: :shock:
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Mikel made the right choice, he is not 100 percent fit. Mikel is just one player, the team will be fine.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Ghanaba
Egg
Egg

Post by Ghanaba »

I'll never understand grown men tearing at a 21 year old for making his own decision about his future health and career. :( :( :(

Bàtà orí àkìtàn náà ròde ìyàwò rí
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

make una leave my boy alone
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

For the umpteenth time the guy has a knee injury. If it is prolonged or worsened in anyway thats the end of football as a career. I trust you guys will be there to pick the bill for his early retirement from the game if it comes to that (God forbid).

Even for non players a knee injury can change your life. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Last edited by cchinukw on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Just hope he doesn't regret this decision. Wish him the best.
grandverve
Egg
Egg

Post by grandverve »

Riversboy wrote:Shebi you never hear sey we no suppose insult players again?

REWRITE: Mikel's decision was punkish.

SUYA: It's repetitive stress injury from kicking the ball in an unnaturally backward direction.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

We have to coin a word for the phrase in bold....

Veron is suffering from JOMititis :woot:
"THE GENTILITY OF A LION SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS COWARDICE"

A Manchester United FC FANantic - Our history makes us STRONG, your hatred makes us STRONGER
Bubus
Egg
Egg

Post by Bubus »

John Obi Mikel is an overrated punk.
JJ Okocha will take this freekick... curls it in! Oh! ...curls it right in!! What a goal?!! What a moment of magic from JJ Okocha?!! And its 1-1!!
anaedo1
Egg
Egg

Post by anaedo1 »

What hypocrisy for folks to question a young man's injury?Not too long ago in a different coaching era same folk was miffed that a few players recovering from injuries were even called up for the ANC.
Incidentally,why was it that none of all the pious ever discovered psycho-analysis?Why did it have to wait for a completely godless Jew?
Sigmund Freud
Kenovski
Egg
Egg

Post by Kenovski »

Guys. Mikel had knee ligament surgery. Recoup time is on average 6 to 8 weeks. Even then he would still need a few games to become match fit. It was always 50/50. I think he should have stayed but he decided to step aside. Consciously or otherwise he has given another of our youngsters a chance.....
Everyday you can choose to the happy or sad, good or bad, full of joy or filled with anger. It takes the same amount of effort to acheive either.....

Anonymous
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

The guy is injured let him be.....
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
hurricaneeddy
Egg
Egg

Post by hurricaneeddy »

don't know what to think about him so i will just let it go...and enjoy the WC
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

"He took a lot of punishment and fought until the end," said Klitschko. "But from round two, it was clear that his game plan wasn't working. lol. september 11 klitschko vs peter
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

As much as we might hate what Mikel did, it's the best thing for him and the team. If he did not recover in time, we would have wasted a valuable spot.

If he did play and play below par, we would crucify him.

Please leave the boy alone. He was part of the team during qualification and I don't think he would have thrown his chance to participate away that easily.

His decision to excuse himself might be selfless act, something we are not quite used to
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Chxta
Egg
Egg

Post by Chxta »

Let's get one thing straight...

I don't doubt that Mikel is injured. It is his commitment I doubt. It was almost like he could not wait to get out of SA. For crying out loud, Rio Ferdinand has remained with his team!
Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe