Stars of the WC - so far

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

grandverve
Egg
Egg
Stars of the WC - so far

Post by grandverve »

I think we should open a thread to discuss stars (be it established or new ones) of this tournament. Players that had a great game and look like they may be about to take the world by storm. Please MODS, make this post stick so we can discuss rising stars here.

So far, I have been impressed the most by three players.

1. Vincent Enyeama - i think he had a very good game. He singlehandedly kept his team from being disgraced. He kept Messi's name off the scoresheet by some very brilliant saves. This may be the tournament that finally shows his true class as a keeper.

2. Lionel Messi - what more can be said about this genius midget from Argentina? You can clearly tell he excelled at playing "the monkey post" type fooball with his close control of the ball. If he continues to play at the level he played againt Nigeria, it will be hard for anyone to stop him from retaining his WPOY award. If not for an inspired display from Enyeama, we should have seen our first 2010 WC hattrick.

3. Mesut Oezil - this guy is as good as lionel Messi. His ball control was as good, his passing and vision was as good. He did not misplace one single pass throughout Germany's win over Australia. He may well be the star of the tournament. He needs to work on his finishing though. I doubt if Werder Bremen will be able to hang on to him if he continues to play at the level he did aginst Australia. It will be interesting t see how well he plays against teams with a compact and well drilled defensive game.
"THE GENTILITY OF A LION SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS COWARDICE"

A Manchester United FC FANantic - Our history makes us STRONG, your hatred makes us STRONGER
grandverve
Egg
Egg
Re: Stars of the WC - so far

Post by grandverve »

North Korea #9 J Tae Se - totally unexpected but he single-handedly occupied both brazilian centre backs and that takes some doing plus he loves tupac :taunt: , that should count for something shouldn't it?. I will include him as one to watch!

A Manchester United FC FANantic - Our history makes us STRONG, your hatred makes us STRONGER
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

..no Ghanaian? :atc:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Siphiwe Tshabalala :thumb: :thumb:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
ogsokrika
Egg
Egg

Post by ogsokrika »

Elia.

Nuff said.
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

grandverve wrote:North Korea #9 J Tae Se - totally unexpected but he single-handedly occupied both brazilian centre backs and that takes some doing plus he loves tupac :taunt: , that should count for something shouldn't it?. I will include him as one to watch!
I knew their number 9 before the Nigeria game! Isn't he the one that pounced on Echejile's mistake to score against us? I was hoping he'd score today to keep his incredible run going.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I would add Tim Howard.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
don_mayor
Egg
Egg

Post by don_mayor »

add Kwadwo Asamoah, Kevin-Prince Boateng, Podolski, Jesing, Park,
The Last DoN
Eegil
Egg
Egg

Post by Eegil »

don_mayor wrote:add Kwadwo Asamoah, Kevin-Prince Boateng, Podolski, Jesing, Park,

ebe by force?

:scared:
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

i don't think anyone else played well enough to be on that list...

maybe podolski
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Mesut Oezil<-This guy na baller!!!Choi,he is good!!!
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

grandverve wrote:I think we should open a thread to discuss stars (be it established or new ones) of this tournament. Players that had a great game and look like they may be about to take the world by storm. Please MODS, make this post stick so we can discuss rising stars here.

1. Vincent Enyeama - i think he had a very good game. He singlehandedly kept his team from being disgraced. He kept Messi's name off the scoresheet by some very brilliant saves. This may be the tournament that finally shows his true class as a keeper.

2. Lionel Messi - what more can be said about this genius midget from Argentina? You can clearly tell he excelled at playing "the monkey post" type fooball with his close control of the ball. If he continues to play at the level he played againt Nigeria, it will be hard for anyone to stop him from retaining his WPOY award. If not for an inspired display from Enyeama, we should have seen our first 2010 WC hattrick.

3. Mesut Oezil - this guy is as good as lionel Messi. His ball control was as good, his passing and vision was as good. He did not misplace one single pass throughout Germany's win over Australia. He may well be the star of the tournament. He needs to work on his finishing though. I doubt if Werder Bremen will be able to hang on to him if he continues to play at the level he did aginst Australia. It will be interesting t see how well he plays against teams with a compact and well drilled defensive game.
Messi for missing several one on one? If it was any other player, he would be called a WASTEPIPE. God help ANY Nigerian striker that misses such opportunities.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Here's the real star of the 2010 WC :thumbs:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
imprivata
Egg
Egg

Post by imprivata »

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Lestatmera1
Egg
Egg

Post by Lestatmera1 »

Thunder wrote:Here's the real star of the 2010 WC :thumbs:
Vuvuzela ko Hugh Masekela ni. That ear terrorist is not music
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

mate wrote:I would add Tim Howard.

Cheers, Mate
:evil: :twisted:
Stop being a blind patriotic foool like most Americans :scared: that boy hasn't done anything yet. And da U.S. media is already calling him Mr Prince Goalkeeper with all their usual hype :taunt:
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

..Add "Spillage Green" :thumbs:
osa
Egg
Egg

Post by osa »

omey2k4 wrote:Mesut Oezil<-This guy na baller!!!Choi,he is good!!!
he is too good... going to be the start of the tournament!

Code: Select all

>>run CunTracker....CunTrackerV1.101 initiated...scanning...detected...printing report:
timestamp:20100622 "Flex Swift"; timestamp:20100520 "blatter"; timestamp:20100518 "oboe"; timestamp:dawn of time "shakakaka"
.... warning ***SYSTEM ERROR*** .... "ROSSIKE" detected!... too much c.unt to compute... >> commencing shutdown! t-NOW!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Vincent Eyeama
Mesut Oezil
Lionel Messi
Maicon
Tshabalala

so far
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
grandverve
Egg
Egg

Post by grandverve »

A lot of people have been posting names that dont deserve to be on this list.

Most of the WC games so far have been very dire and almost imposible to say that we've had a flurry of players that have REALLY SHONE. I know Tshabalala scored a great goal, but did he really have a good game?

We all saw what Enyeama and Ozil did in their games. No other player apart from Messi has done anything close to how well these two played. So, peeps, be objective with your analysis and name suggestions.

Tim Howard? What exactly did he do? Maicon scored a fluke goal, but he didn't have an extra-ordinary game. For most part, he was made to look very ordinary by the NK players. Robinho was the only player that had a game that matched his reputation.

Mesut Ozil will be the star of this tournament....i pray Man Utd bid for him :sneaky:

grandverve
Egg
Egg

Post by grandverve »

grandverve wrote:I think we should open a thread to discuss stars (be it established or new ones) of this tournament. Players that had a great game and look like they may be about to take the world by storm. Please MODS, make this post stick so we can discuss rising stars here.

4. Diego Forlan - despite the occassion and playing against the host country, this guy ran the show like diddy ran jlo when they were doing you know what. the boys the boys couldn't get any where near Forlan. Besides the Germans, Forlan has been the best controller of the jabulani ball. All his set-piece deliveries yesterday were on point, no single misplaced pass. And the first goal was just divine.

odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

omey2k4 wrote:Mesut Oezil<-This guy na baller!!!Choi,he is good!!!
KPOM! Dude is a straight up baller! Watch him explode in this WC and the next few years.
The SUPER EAGLES shall rise again!