WHAT IS THIS WOEFUL TEAM EVEN GOOD AT ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
WHAT IS THIS WOEFUL TEAM EVEN GOOD AT ?

Post by vancity eagle »

DOES OUR TEAM EVEN HAVE ANY STRENGTHS
DO WE HAVE ANY BECAUSE AS FAR AS I CAN TELL WE HAVE NONE BUT GOALKEEPING

WE CANT PASS
WE CANT SCORE
WE CANT CREATE
WE CANT HUSTLE
WE ARE NOT FAST
WE CANT CROSS
WE CANT DEFEND
WE CANT PRESSURE
WE CANT RETAIN THE BALL
WE CANT DRIBBLE
WE CANT KEEP OUR COMPOSURE

WHAT IS THIS DAMNED TEAM GOOD AT ?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WHAT IS THIS WOEFUL TEAM EVEN GOOD AT ?

Post by pajimoh »

vancity eagle wrote:DOES OUR TEAM EVEN HAVE ANY STRENGTHS
DO WE HAVE ANY BECAUSE AS FAR AS I CAN TELL WE HAVE NONE BUT GOALKEEPING

WE CANT PASS
WE CANT SCORE
WE CANT CREATE
WE CANT HUSTLE
WE ARE NOT FAST
WE CANT CROSS
WE CANT DEFEND
WE CANT PRESSURE
WE CANT RETAIN THE BALL
WE CANT DRIBBLE
WE CANT KEEP OUR COMPOSURE

WHAT IS THIS DAMNED TEAM GOOD AT ?

Blame Amodu. If you unzip Lagerback at the back, you'd see Amodu hiding in there pretending to be Swedish. Mssshhehewwwww
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

:evil: :twisted:
It's only good at goal keeping, a good reason why it will be totally overhauled.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

making you type in all caps obviously. I keep saying they played well before the red card and nobody wants to listen.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

now from Amodu to the players.. dude carry ya cries to who cares, u are part of the problem
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Amen
Egg
Egg

Post by Amen »

They are 100% reps of Nigeria and should not be abandoned mid tourney.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

niyi wrote:making you type in all caps obviously. I keep saying they played well before the red card and nobody wants to listen.
ACTUALLY I DISAGREE, WE GOT A FLUKE GOAL, WE WERE NOT PASSING WELL, JUST KEPT HOOFING THE BALL, GREECE ACTUALLY SEEMED MORE DETERMINED THAN US, WE WERE LAZY AND SLOW AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED. WE MAY HAVE IMPROVED AS THE GAME WENT ON BUT KAITA EFFED EVERYTHING UP.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

vancity eagle wrote:
niyi wrote:making you type in all caps obviously. I keep saying they played well before the red card and nobody wants to listen.
ACTUALLY I DISAGREE, WE GOT A FLUKE GOAL, WE WERE NOT PASSING WELL, JUST KEPT HOOFING THE BALL, GREECE ACTUALLY SEEMED MORE DETERMINED THAN US, WE WERE LAZY AND SLOW AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED. WE MAY HAVE IMPROVED AS THE GAME WENT ON BUT KAITA EFFED EVERYTHING UP.
They seemed more determined than us and got 0 shots? If you were Greek and you were asked to assess your country's perfomance before the 33rd minute, I bet you won't say this.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Niyi, this team has issues. They allow teams to play and they keep dropping back and giving teams room to play their game. They do not pressure the other team when they are in possession. We couldn't pressure teams when we have 11 players and we sure as heaven couldn't do it with 10.

Gone are the days when Nigeria will run at you all day from all angles either with 11 or with 10. Go and see how the u17 played even when they were down by 4 gaols to Germany and go and see how the Olympic team played then compare it to these bunch of slow boats
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

pajimoh wrote:
Niyi, this team has issues. They allow teams to play and they keep dropping back and giving teams room to play their game. They do not pressure the other team when they are in possession. We couldn't pressure teams when we have 11 players and we sure as heaven couldn't do it with 10.

Gone are the days when Nigeria will run at you all day from all angles either with 11 or with 10. Go and see how the u17 played even when they were down by 4 gaols to Germany and go and see how the Olympic team played then compare it to these bunch of slow boats
While I admit this team was not as good as the team we took to the World Cup in 1994 or even more recently, the Dream Team of 2008, it certainly isn't as bad as you make it sound. They play a different kind of football that is determined, very defensive and somewhat efficient. Pressuring is useless when playing at 5000 feet above sea level and Lars is smart to realize this. I think we would have won 3-0 without Kaita getting sent off and the response here would have been different. Kaita's sending off is also questionable but what has happened cannot be changed.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

niyi wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

While I admit this team was not as good as the team we took to the World Cup in 1994 or even more recently, the Dream Team of 2008, it certainly isn't as bad as you make it sound. They play a different kind of football that is determined, very defensive and somewhat efficient. Pressuring is useless when playing at 5000 feet above sea level and Lars is smart to realize this. I think we would have won 3-0 without Kaita getting sent off and the response here would have been different. Kaita's sending off is also questionable but what has happened cannot be changed.
We haven't been nice in a long time. We try to play the style that is defensive yet we lack the skill to carry it through. The 3 departments (defense>midfield>forward) work in isolation. We've rarely scored more than 2 goals in a game and we've started conceding.

We are playing a style that dosen't utilise genuine pace in the team. It's like trying to turn a greyhound into a retriever or a blood hound.
Even the Europeans that always finr it difficult to cope with our pace of football seem faster than us.

At one point we were so close to the Greeks 18 box that we actually passed back towards Enyeama and end up kicking the ball out and turning attack into defense.

It's all messy. Too many touches and too many missed passes. Remember the game in 2008 ANC against Ghana? We were a man up, a goal up and we still could not play a faster tempo. Even when they scored and we still have a numerical advantage, we still lacked the drive and urgency to try and retrive the game. We are just one gear pony. This rot has been stting in for a long time. A radical change is needed.

I don't even want to talk about the game against Tunisia in Abuja. A game so crucial that we played like there was nothing at stake.
kulu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kulu »

They are better than you - shameless yahoo.
"How can someone qualify his country for the World Cup and then, because he lost a match, everyone is saying they should sack him. Please allow the man to do his work. Nobody is perfect, but if someone can qualify his country for the World Cup, then he deserves some respect. I even heard that it is the second time he has qualified Nigeria for the World Cup. That is huge". - French legend Alain Giresse on Nigeria's Shuaibu Amodu, 2010