Cameroun camp in disarray

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

okjazz
Egg
Egg
Cameroun camp in disarray

Post by okjazz »

JOHHANESBURG

Cameroon’s World Cup campaign is in danger of imploding after senior players asked coach Paul Le Guen to reconsider his team selection for their Group E match against Denmark today (Saturday at 9:30pm).

Cameroon lost 1-0 to Japan and Denmark were beaten 2-0 by the Netherlands in their opening games on Monday and both sides desperately need a win at Pretoria’s Loftus Versfeld stadium to have a realistic hope of making the second round.

Cameroon’s players are especially unhappy because Frenchman Le Guen omitted seasoned campaigners like defender Rigobert Song and Geremi and midfielder Alexandre Song from the Japan game.

"What we have seen in recent games, which we think is unfortunate, is that many young fresh players have been introduced into the team at the expense of experienced ones," midfielder Achille Emana told reporters on Thursday.

Cameroon, one of six African teams in the tournament, were expected to do well, but their chances now hang by a thread.

Emana said the young players had been asked to do too much.

"They cannot withstand the sort of pressure that comes with playing in big tournaments such as the World Cup," he noted. "That is why we are appealing to the coach to review the lineup for Saturday’s game against Denmark."

Le Guen has not spoken to the media since Monday’s loss and was conspicuous by his absence at Thursday’s news conference.

— Reuters 
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Cameroun camp in disarray

Post by King Futcha »

is Emana serious?
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

King Futcha wrote:is Emana serious?
he is pleading for himself.
Soccerfan00
Egg
Egg

Post by Soccerfan00 »

this world cup is probably the worst football event i have ever witnessed... too many complaints and excuses... :rotf:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Le Guen should be fired on the spot. What that man has done to Cameroun is criminal. Leaving out Song, playing Eto'o out wide. What da ...?

Wha choo looking at?!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Le Guen should be fired on the spot. What that man has done to Cameroun is criminal. Leaving out Song, playing Eto'o out wide. What da ...?
Nna, I gree with leaving out Song. Di bobo dey make mistake pass Yobo. But putting Eto'o out wide is baffling.
yaya

Post by yaya »

ohsee wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Le Guen should be fired on the spot. What that man has done to Cameroun is criminal. Leaving out Song, playing Eto'o out wide. What da ...?
Nna, I gree with leaving out Song. Di bobo dey make mistake pass Yobo. But putting Eto'o out wide is baffling.
I think he meant the nephew, Alex, not the Uncle, Ribobert! :rotf: :rotf:
Makanaky
Egg
Egg

Post by Makanaky »

Rigobert Song and Geremi should not even be in the squad never mind the starting line up. While I disagree with some of Le Guens decisions he is still the manager and senior players telling him who to select is a dangerous precedence.
Nkono, Kunde, Massing, Tataw, Ebwelle , Pagal,Mbida, Mfede, Mbouh,Makanaky,Kana-Biyik,Oman-Biyik, Ekeke, Milla,.....Too Strong to be Intimidated, Too Stong to be defeated! Indomitable!!!! Marc Viven-Foe R.I.P!!!
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

okjazz wrote:
JOHHANESBURG

Cameroon’s World Cup campaign is in danger of imploding after senior players asked coach Paul Le Guen to reconsider his team selection for their Group E match against Denmark today (Saturday at 9:30pm).

Cameroon lost 1-0 to Japan and Denmark were beaten 2-0 by the Netherlands in their opening games on Monday and both sides desperately need a win at Pretoria’s Loftus Versfeld stadium to have a realistic hope of making the second round.

Cameroon’s players are especially unhappy because Frenchman Le Guen omitted seasoned campaigners like defender Rigobert Song and Geremi and midfielder Alexandre Song from the Japan game.

"What we have seen in recent games, which we think is unfortunate, is that many young fresh players have been introduced into the team at the expense of experienced ones," midfielder Achille Emana told reporters on Thursday.

Cameroon, one of six African teams in the tournament, were expected to do well, but their chances now hang by a thread.

"They cannot withstand the sort of pressure that comes with playing in big tournaments such as the World Cup," he noted. "That is why we are appealing to the coach to review the lineup for Saturday’s game against Denmark."

Le Guen has not spoken to the media since Monday’s loss and was conspicuous by his absence at Thursday’s news conference.

— Reuters 

None of the Songs were played? :D
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
Makanaky
Egg
Egg

Post by Makanaky »

Major General Ogolo wrote:
okjazz wrote:
JOHHANESBURG

— Reuters 

None of the Songs were played? :D

My fren shrrraaap!
Nkono, Kunde, Massing, Tataw, Ebwelle , Pagal,Mbida, Mfede, Mbouh,Makanaky,Kana-Biyik,Oman-Biyik, Ekeke, Milla,.....Too Strong to be Intimidated, Too Stong to be defeated! Indomitable!!!! Marc Viven-Foe R.I.P!!!
naijaspurs
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaspurs »

Unbelievable that Alex Song didn't start.
bunda
Egg
Egg

Post by bunda »

low shot/cross across goal
thats more like it